Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 worst sandwiches in America

Go down 
+3
Lauren
Queen Mintz
The Sexy Vixen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

10 worst sandwiches in America Empty
PostSubject: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

Quote :

10 Worst Sandwiches in America

#10: Cosi Steak TBM (Tomatoes, Basil, Mozzarella)
829 calories
55 g fat (19 g saturated)
453 mg sodium
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the combination of steak, basil and cheese might pack quite the caloric punch. The saving grace of this bloated hand-held is the fact that it's astonishingly low in sodium. Otherwise, there's very little redemption about this twist on the signature Cosi TBM. Choose another Cosi favorite, instead, and save nearly 400 calories and three-quarters of your daily saturated fat allotment. (The Eat This, Not That! effect: A simple swap like this a few times a week when you're on the go can help you lose 15 pounds in a year.)

10 worst sandwiches in America Arbys-market-fresh-blt

#9: Arby's Ultimate BLT Market Fresh Sandwich
880 calories
46 g fat (10 g saturated)
1,740 mg sodium

The lesson from this massive sammie: Trust the ingredients, not the name. “Market Fresh” is little more than a marketing ploy to persuade consumers to indulge without guilt. Opt for the Super Roast Beef instead. Arby’s roast beef sandwiches are all relatively safe, and unless you order double meat, not one of the Roastburgers exceeds 500 calories.

10 worst sandwiches in America Jimmyjohns-italian-night-club
#8: Jimmy John's Italian Night Club
951 calories
51 g fat (12 g saturated)
2,165 mg sodium

Italian sandwiches are notoriously heavy—and the heavily processed Italian meats (think pastrami, salami, capicola...) all come with a massive over-sized serving of sodium. Case in point: This particular club packs in nearly an entire day's allotment of salt. The good news here is that Jimmy John's allows you to customize your order—so if you're hankering for an Italian sandwich, ask for a customized Slim 5 with Genoa Salami, Capicola, and Avocado Spread on 7-Grain, instead.

10 worst sandwiches in America Panera-chipotle-chicken

#7: Panera Full Chipotle Chicken on Artisan French Bread
990 calories
56 g fat (15 g saturated, 1 g trans)
2,370 mg sodium

Panera's Signature Sandwich menu houses some of the biggest gutbombs in the entire restaurant, so minimize the damage by sticking to the Cafe sandwiches. With the bulk of Panera's sandwiches floating in the 700- to 900- calorie range, the Chicken Bacon Dijon on French Bread emerges as the clear winner. Just be sure to watch your sodium intake for the rest of the day.

#6. Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Sandwich
1,112 calories
62 g fat
2,531 mg sodium
Chicken sandwiches have an undeserved healthy reputation—that's because, while they're built with the leanest meat, they're often stuffed and flavored with enough high-calorie sauces and fillings to sink a ship. The culprit in this sandwich is two simple ingredients: The Spanish Tortilla, and the creamy Ranch dressing. Cutting those two from the meal eliminates over half the calories. We're betting that there's enough BBQ sauce on this dish that you won't even miss them.

10 worst sandwiches in America Subway-meatball-marinara
#5. Subway Meatball Marinara Footlong 1,160 calories
46 g fat (18 g saturated, 2 g trans)
3,060 mg sodium

Subway does a funny thing with their nutrition menu: They only list nutrition information for 6-inch sandwiches, and low-fat footlongs. Luckily, the math here isn't exactly difficult. Skip footlongs altogether.

10 worst sandwiches in America Blimpie-special-vegetarian
#4. Blimpie Special Vegetarian 12"
1,186 calories
60 g fat (19 saturated fat)
2,198 mg sodium

Just because it's vegetarian doesn't make it good for you. Yes, this sandwich might be full of vegetables, but it also boasts two foot-long pieces of bread, and a host of high-fat, high-calorie oils and dressings that weigh down this sub with more than half a day's worth of calories and nearly a full day's worth of sodium and saturated fat.

#3. Applebee's Grilled Cheese BLT
1,310 calories
(no other nutritional information available)

With this dish, Applebee's has taken a classic childhood comfort food and turned it into a dietary disaster. Cheese and bacon are certainly not the most healthful of sandwich stuffers, but we're looking at a case of serious portion distortion and fat overload when something as simple as a sammie contains as many calories as you'll find in four and a half servings of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese. Applebee's offers just one semi-reasonable sandwich on the entire menu. Stick with that, or choose something from the "Unbelievably Great-Tasting and Under 550 Calories" section. Otherwise, you're in a nutritional wasteland.

10 worst sandwiches in America Quiznos-tuna-melt

#2. Quizno's Large Tuna Melt
1,760 calories
25 g saturated fat
2,120 mg sodium

This tuna melt used to reign supreme with the disgraceful distinction of being the worst sandwich in America. But then Quizno's took note and reduced the calories by about 300. Unfortunately, that reduction in calories only dropped this dangerous melt to second place. Why is this melt so atrocious? While tuna is usually a healthy choice on its own, its being held together with gobs of fatty mayo. Slim down drastically with a Bistro Steak sammie.

#1: The Worst Sandwich in America
Cheesecake Factory Grilled Shrimp & Bacon Club
1930 calories
24 g saturated fat
2,965 mg sodium

It's no surprise really that an item from the Cheesecake Factory would make it to the "Worst" spot on any list. Since the Factory was forced to give up their nutrition information in California, we've learned that this irresponsible chain has a menu full of items that pack in well over 1,000 calories—and in some cases, well over 2,000. Their argument is usually that the dishes are meant to be split, or saved for later. But who splits a sandwich? Do the math for them, and order a half-sandwich when eating at Cheesecake.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/43781/10-worst-sandwiches-in-america/

I eat Meatball Marinara subs from Subway all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 3:28 pm

The only thing I eat on that list is the meatball sub but I usually only get Subway once a month so I'm good
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 9:48 pm

The only subway sandwich that should be on this list is that god awful seafood one, you know, the one with the artificial crab meat. Artificial crab meat is the worst food in creation; I want to find the idiot who came up with it and slap them for putting my poor taste buds through hell.
Back to top Go down
Silver_Coyote
Midcarder
Midcarder
Silver_Coyote

Male
Number of posts : 481
Job/hobbies : writer
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, The Miz, Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Sherri Martel, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Aja Kong, Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 9:59 pm

I think you should change worst to unhealthy, as many of those sammiches are pretty tastey.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:25 pm

I like putting pepperoni's in my meatball sub.Also when it means worst does it mean the worst thing to eat when it comes to calories?
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 11:30 pm

i thought subway was supposed to be healthy
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 12:36 am

IK right...
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 2:02 am

Lauren wrote:
The only subway sandwich that should be on this list is that god awful seafood one, you know, the one with the artificial crab meat. Artificial crab meat is the worst food in creation; I want to find the idiot who came up with it and slap them for putting my poor taste buds through hell.

I almost tried that but then the lady showed me the crab meat...and I was like 10 worst sandwiches in America 747915 "no thanks"

and i bought a meatball marinara sub instead.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 worst sandwiches in America   10 worst sandwiches in America Empty

Back to top Go down

10 worst sandwiches in America
Page 1 of 1