Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exclusive : RoboCop Update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Exclusive : RoboCop Update Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive : RoboCop Update   Exclusive : RoboCop Update EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 4:59 pm

A couple of months ago Moviehole reported that, due to a disagreement between the studio and director Darren Aronofsky over the direction of the film (She wanted 3D, he didn't), the "RoboCopExclusive : RoboCop Update 2_bing" remake had been put on hold.

Though he, of course, doesn't mention anything about the Aronofsky/Mary Parent battle, producer Brad Fischer ("Shutter IslandExclusive : RoboCop Update 2_bing") tells me the film is indeed on hold.

As for whether it'll end up in 3D? Well, check Fischer's comments.

Tim: What can you tell me about the progress of the Robocop remake?

Brad: There's nothing happening with it right now. As you know MGMExclusive : RoboCop Update 2_bing is in a situation where it might be sold, and Robocop is an asset, so it's on hold at the moment.

Tim: Is there talk of, if and when it goes ahead, to produce it in 3-D?

Brad: I think we'll have to re-approach it when it comes back and we'll come back to the table and look at it, and decide how we're going to move forward. I mean, certainly, the spectacle nature of it, the evolution of technology in the medium - it would be crazy.

Tim: Do you think films are headed toward 3-D across the board?

Brad: It's what everyone is talking about, right? I don't know about across the board. I'm sure this question was asked of someone when the first movies in color started to come out, and somebody said, do you think movies are all going to be color across the board?

Tim: 'That won't take off!'

Brad: And the person on the other side said, there will always be some black and white movies. And there still are. Look, it's possible, right? What Cameron (James CameronExclusive : RoboCop Update 2_bing, director, Avatar) that I think transcends what 3-D has ever been before is the immersive nature, as opposed to the gimmicky nature of it, the throwing stuff at the audience's face, scare tactic. I remember seeing Jaws 3 in 3-D at the theater in Amityville and that was a wave that ended. It feels like this is different.

Tim: Wait and see?

Brad: Maybe we'll all be in 3-D!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive : RoboCop Update   Exclusive : RoboCop Update EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 6:07 pm

Please....I love this movie...Robo has gotten so much shit for all those crap sequels and tie-ins....please MGM, just leave it alone...
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive : RoboCop Update   Exclusive : RoboCop Update EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 2:54 am

they should not touch it at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive : RoboCop Update   Exclusive : RoboCop Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive : RoboCop Update
Page 1 of 1