Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damon retires his Jason Bourne

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Damon retires his Jason Bourne Empty
PostSubject: Damon retires his Jason Bourne   Damon retires his Jason Bourne EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 5:38 pm

A month or so back Paul Greengrass announced his departure from the then-in-development Bourne Identity 4. As a result, Matt Damon also resigned from the picture. The filmmaker, who helmed "Bourne Supremacy" and "Bourne Ultimatum", reportedly didn't feel Universal were giving him enough time to put a fourth "Bourne" together. Rather than put together some rushed, still-pink sequel, Greengrass walked.

Shortly after Damon told reporters we've unlikely seen the end of Jason Bourne - just the one that looks like Will Hunting. According to the Oscar Winning actor, Universal were toying with the idea of a reboot - fixing on the younger, I.D-switching years of a pre-amnesiac Bourne.

Damon, speaking to Cinema Blend for "The Green Zone" this week, says he's certain the series will continue, even suggesting it could take a cue from another popular action movie series that's gotten by with using different actors in the same role.

''I think that they have a good way to do a prequel with someone else, and basically make it about the Bourne identity, the actual identity. What any studio is interested in is making it like an evergreen, so it can just go on, and on, and on, and it never will with our character because he's going to resolve himself and he's resolved his issues now. He's got his memory back three times. I don't think anybody wants to see me say, "I don't remember" again. But I think what we could do, is like, you know, so you can do some movies with another actor, anyway, whether it's Ryan Gosling or Russell Crowe or Denzel Washington, and he's Jason Bourne. And then at the end of his one movie, or two movies, or three movies, you see them getting ready to pass the identity on to me, so it just becomes like a 007, it becomes a name that they give this certain person who's uniquely positioned. Right? And so then, if Paul and I come back and do a fourth one in 10 years, right, we'll pass it on to someone else, and then it can kind of go on.''

Greengrass, reuniting with Damon on "Green Zone", also spoke about the canned sequel.

''...Contrary to reports, there was never an argument with the studio of any kind at all. ...I did spend some time thinking that I might [take on the project], and sort of getting myself to a place, you know, 'what would it be,' and that was really it. It's only when you do that that you actually find, 'you know what? I'm sort of gone. I'm on top of things.' We had a really nice discussion, they were completely understanding, and I said, 'You know what? We'll make some other movies.'"
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Damon retires his Jason Bourne   Damon retires his Jason Bourne EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 1:30 am

I have yet to see any of these flicks lol
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Damon retires his Jason Bourne   Damon retires his Jason Bourne EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 1:38 am

i havent seen them either nor do they interest me lol
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damon retires his Jason Bourne   Damon retires his Jason Bourne EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 1:55 am

Saw the first two, pretty solid movies....interesting idea with Damon turning them into James Bond, just focus on the identity part so they can switch actors constantly-the dream studio project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damon retires his Jason Bourne   Damon retires his Jason Bourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Damon retires his Jason Bourne
Page 1 of 1