Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA reportedly having financial troubles

Go down 
+8
KJ
janine
Did You Miss Her?
The Sexy Vixen
Venom
KTV-Time
The LL Father
Dead
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

TNA reportedly having financial troubles Empty
PostSubject: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:05 pm

source: sescoops

One oft-overlooked factor in TNA’s destiny to compete with rival promotion World Wrestling Entertainment are the added expenses entailed.

Since January, the company has ballooned its roster to over 70 performers with the notable additions of high priced stars such as Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and the former Mr. Kennedy. Furthermore, the company has added the costly expense of going live every other Monday night and promotion of said move (i.e. airing commercials during Monday Night Raw and running Billboards in Times Square). Other than slight bumps in house show attendance and merchandise sales, TNA has to little to show for its efforts. In fact, ratings are at its lowest levels in four years due to the move to Monday nights.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer cryptically said during a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that TNA is having bigger financial problems than most realize.

“I’m worried about my friends who work for TNA because they have bigger financial problems than anyone knows,” Meltzer said.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:26 pm

whoever isnt surprised by this needs lining up against a wall and shooting
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:29 pm

Damn guess things really really really really bad since late 2008, when TNA was actually said to be financially safe unlike the WWE who was doing an overhaul and was firing left and right. Damn what a diffrence a year could make dunno
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 9:17 pm

It'll only get worse.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 9:40 pm

i'll miss you when you die for good, TNA
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:02 pm

they should just fired the over paid has beens, I'd much rather see the exciting faces of new guys, rather than the faces of people I stopped caring about decades ago.
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:29 pm

They need to get rid of Sting, Nash, Six Pac, Hall and all of them. Then Hogan needs to get rid of himself. TNA reportedly having financial troubles Icon_twisted

I think TNA has gotten worse since Hogan took over.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:58 pm

Why Sting? He isn't there a lot
Back to top Go down
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male
Number of posts : 3495
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 11:15 pm

He's still got a meaty contract. I'd say get rid of the people who aren't really on the roster anymore.

Kiyoshi, Homicide, Sharkboy, Lethal & Creed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
i'll miss you when you die for good, TNA

That day may very well come soon.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 1:14 am

And Dixie is a business woman? Puh-leash!
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 1:15 am

KJ Moore wrote:
He's still got a meaty contract. I'd say get rid of the people who aren't really on the roster anymore.

Kiyoshi = Suicide

Homicide is still there, Lethal just came back from injury. Creed is gone. btw, why get rid of the ppl that have been there forever? why not get rid of Hardy, Anderson, Moore?. you know, the ppl that are only there out of spite
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 1:39 am

They thought they were such geniuses by signing WWE's leftovers, and the rating have proved otherwise.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 3:33 am

That sucks for them.

I could see them going bankrupt and wwe taking who they want..

Of course not right away but it could happen in the next few years.

TNA reportedly having financial troubles Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 3:49 am

I'd hate to see Creed go. I like him.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 10:52 am

CM Dead, Your Savior wrote:
KJ Moore wrote:

Kiyoshi = Suicide

Homicide is still there, Lethal just came back from injury. Creed is gone. btw, why get rid of the ppl that have been there forever? why not get rid of Hardy, Anderson, Moore?. you know, the ppl that are only there out of spite

TNA has been drawing momentum with Jeff Hardy, and Anderson, maybe not Moore, but still.

RVD, Hardy, Anderson, they all deserve jobs. I mean, they've put a lot of time and effort into the business and TNA is giving them an opportunity to keep going.

I'm not saying the other guys don't deserve a job, but they are more like the top performers that should be in ROH, AAA, DGUSA, IWS, and CZW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:15 am

where is this momentum you speak of?

their ratings are horrible and they are in the red financially.

Idk what part of that is considered momentum.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:19 am

KJ Moore wrote:
KJ Moore wrote:

Kiyoshi = Suicide

TNA has been drawing momentum with Jeff Hardy, and Anderson, maybe not Moore, but still.

RVD, Hardy, Anderson, they all deserve jobs. I mean, they've put a lot of time and effort into the business and TNA is giving them an opportunity to keep going.

I'm not saying the other guys don't deserve a job, but they are more like the top performers that should be in ROH, AAA, DGUSA, IWS, and CZW.

That's Bullshit, sorry before The influx of WWE shit into TNA guys like Amazing Red, Jay Lethal, Homicide, Storm, Roode, Eric all main evented TNA at times and have had some of the best matches TNA has ever had. To say these guys are "top" names in cult level promotions is BS. TNA has done amazing this with most of these guys in the past, Ron Killings, Lance Hoytt, Chris Harris, Petey Williams, Matt Bentley other names TNA have pushed to the Limit aside from the usuals. Look where Daniels is now because Eric Bishoff doesn't like "his look" while Daniels is one of the top 10 TNA Main Eventers of all time.

Sorry, Bull Shitt, bull shit, bull shit. The day tht paint drinking retartd Hardy, that bore King Mr. Anderson, Boogyman OJ, Prince of EMO Moore, and WWE Retirement R Us goes from TNA, then i'll start following TNA again.

The only WWE names in TNA that doesn't bother me are Kurt, Kendrick, The Pope and RVD because to some extent they entertainment. And i think it sucks Kenny Dykstra wasn't offered a contract. The dude recently turned 23 or 24, he's young agile, and loaded with Potential.

Those are the WWE guys TNA needs to hire, the young ones, like Dykstra, The Pope and Kendrick. Those who never made it passed Development territory loaded with talent.

It's like If WWE releases someone like Jim Duggan and someone Like Caylon Croft, TNA's first instict would be to sign Jim Duggan. While they have a potential star like Caylon Croft.

Not the ones who are one step away from having a stroke.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:24 am

KJ Moore wrote:
KJ Moore wrote:

Kiyoshi = Suicide

laughter Funniest post of 2010 thus far. Were you sleepy when posting this? A weedhead, a drugdealer & weedhead, and a dude that'll either injure himself, his opponent, or both simultaneously. TNA has all three and the rating have gone farther through the ground. That's momentum :confucked:

What you speak of is absolutely mind-boggling. shrug
Back to top Go down
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:27 am

The reason the ratings are down is because WrestleMania is this month, TNA switched to Mondays, and the Band have entered the scene, along with the split of the fan driven Main Event Mafia last year.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:35 am

KJ Moore wrote:
The reason the ratings are down is because WrestleMania is this month, TNA switched to Mondays, and the Band have entered the scene, along with the split of the fan driven Main Event Mafia last year.

Gee, I never thought of that... lmao

Please... even when MEM was around, the best they were doing was 1.1s and 1.2s. They were just as sucky then as they are now. The only reason I watched was because the KOs division was more interesting than the Divas division. Also, a few other peeps.
Back to top Go down
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:40 am

Well, all I'm saying is... RVD has a big fan demographic that he brought to TNA even before he was in TNA... Hardy has a lot of followers as well. Anderson isn't exactly the most loved guy, but seriously, he had fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:45 am

Well those fans aren't tuning in.
Back to top Go down
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:48 am

I just think TNA is less likely to put me to sleep. WWE is so generic... the only thing I've been liking of WWE as of late is NXT.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 12:41 pm

LMAO Serial. Now that... is real talk.

KJ, you are speaking for the minority, it's in the numbers. They have better wrestlers, but what kills them is instead of pushing their younger guys who could potentially become stars, they sign WWE guys and crippled WCW guys and run angles that make absolutely no sense.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 12:59 pm

This was all Hogan's fault. It was him who brought the old stars in and him who wanted the 4 sided ring and him who wanted the move to Mondays.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 4:18 pm

Wait, so the ratings are down cause of a PPV? LMAO the ratings have been down for months, they haven't gotten past a 1.5 ever....if that's momentum I dunno what is. The Band? Lmfao that's the mother fucking nWo with a different name....good god
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 4:40 pm

Seriously some of those TNA Fan boys makes me feel embarrased to be a TNA fan.

I'm a fan, but i'm being honest here, TNA is going down the drain one monday night at a time
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

Agreed and agreed. ^ & ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA reportedly having financial troubles   TNA reportedly having financial troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA reportedly having financial troubles
Page 1 of 1