Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new generation of Knockouts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

The new generation of Knockouts Empty
PostSubject: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 6:37 pm

Not sure "generation" exactly applies here, but it's definitely a new era for the Knockouts.

TNA has been around since '02, but haven't really had the phases that the Divas have had. They started off with lots of different girls and ended up sticking with Goldylocks, Trinity, Traci Brooks and Kim Nileson/Desire. They had a couple of cage dancers too (Lollipop was one of them). I thought it was a pretty decent time for the Knockouts. They had some good matches between Trinity and Alexis Laree (when she had her short stint there). They had the stretcher match between Trinity and Desire. Traci Brooks was usually involved as a manager.

By the time TNA got a deal on FoxSportsNet, Miss Brooks, Goldy and Trinity were the only ones around. Six months later and Goldy was long gone, Trinity had left and Traci was the only Knockout left. Val eventually showed up as the ring girl.

After they moved to Spike they got Gail Kim, Jackie Gayda and Christy Hemme.

When the division kicked off they had Kong, Roxxi, Salinas, ODB, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Jacqueline, Gail, Christy, and Ms. Brooks. Karen Angle was with Kurt at the time. I think they went through a few interviewers (Leticia and Crystal) until finally getting Lauren.

Shortly thereafter I thought the Knockouts got a little over-saturated. Raisha Saeed (who was a great addition) and Rhaka Khan showed up. Moose and Taylor Wilde were signed. The Knockouts were getting ratings, but I thought it was overkill. Then Gail left and things really got messed up.

Salinas left. Moose got injured. Even though Roxxi was over and obviously so was ODB, but TNA didn't push them. They had just got done with the Taylor/Kong program. And they throw Christy Hemme, of all people, into the title hunt. Christy gets injured. Sharmell shows up (but doesn't have a big blow-off feud with Karen Angle...odd). SoJo shows up. Madison Rayne shows up. Daffney shows up. Roxxi is suspended. Rhaka and Kurt's drama begins. Karen is out. Jenna Morasca is in. TNA runs with the only solid thing they have left: The Beautiful People. The good news, however, was that Sarita and Hamada were signed. They showed up and Melissa began working as Alissa Flash.

At that point TNA had the best group of talent they'd ever had. The diversity, the talent -- it was all there. And then Tara signed with TNA, ruining a lot of the storylines IMO. I don't hold it against Lisa Marie Varon, but it has influenced how much I enjoy Tara as a character. Besides the fact that she's whiney more often than not, she's been given a Cena-like push in TNA.

But, the Knockouts did get tag team belts, so while Tara was getting pushed at least some other ladies would too. Yet, less than a year later and Lacey Von Erich is proving she didn't get her father's genetics, Kong is gone, Raisha was written off TV in a lackluster storyline, Alissa is gone, Traci is gone, Roxxi has come and gone, ODB isn't being used, Sarita, Hamada and Taylor are pretty much non-existant, and Tara has had several feuds yet nothing really memorable.

I think the only good thing is that Christy is in a non-wrestling role (even if Lauren was 10x better than Hemme is).

Now there's an entirely new group of ladies showing up:
-Orlando Jordan's lady valet
-Chelsea -- a model, I believe, who was picked to manage Wolfe
-Brooke Adams is back
-I heard they hired a new female ring announcer too

There's lots of talk about WWE's changes, eras, phases, etc., but what does everyone think about this new phase. It feels quite like WWE's 2004 era, right after Jazz, Nidia, Gail and Molly were no longer around.

While I like Chelsea a bit, Brooke has never bothered me, and the ring announcer shouldn't affect storylines, I'm kind of worried about TNA's direction. I see lots of talent being wasted right now. ODB is the most over girl they have. Sarita, Taylor and Hamada are probably the three best women wrestlers they have, yet they don't get used. Angelina is at least making TBP tolerable, but their feud seems lackluster. Daffney is great and should get a title run, but she seems like just another name on Tara's list of ladies to feud with.

I'll always hope for the best, but I can't say I'm too optimistic about TNA's new direction...or lack of direction...right now.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 6:38 pm

too much TBP

not enough hamada
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 9:22 pm

^I agree. I heard Chelsea just signed a long term deal with TNA.

Oh what has TNA become?

It seems TNA has gone backwards. Its sad to see girls like ODB, Sarita and Taylor not get used but yet they cram people like LVE down my throat. :x

I wish Daffney will have gotten a title run.

Its sad They couldnt pay Kong a lil more money to stick around but it seems they are wasting their money they could have paid Kong on random models. Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 9:28 pm

TNA is taking a page out of WWE's playbook...it's just the wrong page

i understand TBP = ratings but this is becoming overkill.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 1:20 am

i agree its too much tbp. it would be nice to see a match without them in it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 4:50 am

You are right Blue, TNA is having a crappy knockout era switch and it is becoming just like the divas very fast, it basically is.

Just like wwe they have great talented wrestlers but choose to push the ones who look prettier or for tna are former wwe talent.

I want both of the companies to shape up but I think this will take a while to get fixed.
The new generation of Knockouts 478927
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new generation of Knockouts   The new generation of Knockouts Empty

Back to top Go down

The new generation of Knockouts
Page 1 of 1