Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your tweets are in the Library of Congress

Go down 
+2
Venom
Angelus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Your tweets are in the Library of Congress Empty
PostSubject: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 2:31 pm

Twitter has donated its entire public tweet archive — which numbers in the billions since 2006 — to the Library of Congress, the nation’s oldest federal cultural institution that “seeks to spark imagination and creativity and to further human understanding and wisdom by providing access to knowledge through its magnificent collections, programs and exhibitions.”

Of course, the purpose is to catalog historic tweets such as President Obama’s upon winning the election. But now, the Library will have our musings on “history” as well. After the jump, I’ve taken the liberty of pulling out a few of my tweets that might “further human understanding and wisdom.” On the important issue of healthcare:
Great. Where was I when healthcare passed? Fast-forwarding thru Hallmark’s “Healing Hands” looking for Eddie Cibrian shirtlessness. (None.) 11:46 PM Mar 21st, 2010

On the important issue of censorship:
PSA: “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” on ABC Family right now. 12:58 AM Jan 24th, 2010

So ABC Family leaves in the “Tune in Tokyo” groping but silences the “It’s the safest thing you’ll ever have between your legs” line. Huh? 1:19 AM Jan 24th, 2010

On these troubled times we live in:
Currently having an IM fight over who should play Jeannie in a fictitious reboot of I Dream of Jeannie EP’d by Joss Whedon. Suggestions? 2:57 PM Nov 20th, 2009

I just got called out by Josh Wolk for making a Jaws 3 underwater welding reference. I’m not the only one who remembers those scenes, right? 2:06 PM Jul 20th, 2009

Snowstorm = texting with various friends about the TV movies we’re watching in bed. I cannot do The Christmas Shoes on Lifetime. Sorry. 7:43 PM Dec 19th, 2009

On historic firsts:
I just guessed the final puzzle on Wheel of Fortune for the first time EVER while waiting for The Bachelorette to start! 7:58 PM Jul 27th, 2009

Watching Golden Girls marathon on Hallmark. Just found myself attracted to Leslie Nielsen. 1:48 PM May 3rd, 2009
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 2:43 pm

That's just...creepy. I joined Twitter in 2008 and I've reached about 10k tweets, but most of them are just talking with my friends. Yeah I hope they enjoy that. Your tweets are in the Library of Congress Suspect
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 4:01 pm

many phone conversations are recorded as well.

there's no privacy anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Darigon
Opener
Darigon

Male
Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Video Gaming, Wrestling, TV, Reading News and Noming
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Jericho
Kane
The Rock
Undertaker
Wade Barret
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Kaitlyn
Maryse
Torrie Wilson
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Aj Styles
Kurt Angle
Mr. Anderson
Ric Flair
Tommy Dreamer
Favorite TNA Knockout : Tara
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 4:23 pm

Not like I say anything bad anyway. Doesn't effect me in any way.
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 4:46 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:

there's no privacy anymore.

I can't agree more, I say that all the time. But, it's also with people & what they post too. Not just on that dog shit twitter, but anywhere. It's just not right to make announcements over the internet that you're gay or whatever, meaning that Ricky Martin, I think. All of a sudden, you feel one morning you like men, so, you have to tell the entire world, or the internet, which is pretty damn close. That's just one example, I don't like anything like that.

Anways, I hate twitter, it's so discusting how fast it got popular, along with all those "tweets". I only use myspace to keep in touch with my friends I actually like, or my family & if we talk, it's in private for god's sake anyways, I don't want anyone reading my crap other than the person I'm talking too. Even in person I'm like that, I'm very private.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 3:31 am

So my bitchy tweets about how Wal-Mart's protection plans suck, and that the entire company can kiss my ass and suck on my left ovary for giving me a bullshit warranty they knew wasn't worth wiping my ass with are now a national treasure?

Your tweets are in the Library of Congress 850417 I'm so proud.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 8:17 pm

grats, Lauren

what did you have that warranty on, anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your tweets are in the Library of Congress   Your tweets are in the Library of Congress Empty

Back to top Go down

Your tweets are in the Library of Congress
Page 1 of 1