Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon Empty
PostSubject: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 3:40 pm

No one will ever be able to argue that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was a good show. But the combination of repurposed video from Japan and candy-colored inane high school drama somehow proved weirdly appealing, at least to nine-year-old me. (For some reason, I still remember what a Dragonzord is.) So I’m vaguely intrigued by the news from the Hollywood Reporter that the Power Rangers franchise is making a leap from Disney to Nickelodeon after being bought back by the original owner Haim Saban.

The plot of Power Rangers is helpfully explained by the introductory text to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie: The Videogame for Game Gear. Besides introducing Amy Jo Johnson to the world (she played the Pink Ranger), Power Rangers didn’t leave a huge cultural footprint…or so I thought. Apparently, the high-concept toy advertisement TV series is about to begin its 18th season. (According to the article, the franchise has also generated “well over $5 billion” worldwide, which I think finally explains the financial crisis.)

Saban is betting that the move to Nickelodeon might reboot the franchise’s appeal. (Personally, I’m pulling for a gritty post-apocalyptic makeover. ) He also indicates that he’s considering theme park attractions. PopWatchers, any excitement for the possible return to glory of this franchise? Is it crazy to wonder if Rangers‘ popularity indirectly led to the success of the similarly martial-arts themed The Matrix years later?
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 7:55 pm

Actually they did do that post-apocalypsely show.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 8:05 pm

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers was AWESOME!!! WTF is this guy talking about? Every kid loved that show.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 8:45 pm

so Disney finally got rid of it and itll return to glory?
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 8:51 pm

I hope they re-release the toys!! OMG! If they do, I'm so camping out in front of toys r us!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 8:56 pm

They have released recent toys!

Where have you been?

But I LOVE power rangers.

One of my favorite kids shows ever!
'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon 363415
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 9:01 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen the Megazord, but I haven't have the Dragonzord yet. They got the Megazord at Wal-Mart, that thing is so mine.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 9:03 pm

the toys were re-released as part of the whatever anniversary this year. nothing compares to the older ones though
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 9:05 pm

True but I guess it is better than nothing.

I didn't buy any but I looked at them when I went down the toy isle.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 9:09 pm

CM Dead, Your Savior wrote:
the toys were re-released

Yeah, thats the last thing I saw before my draws got wetter than the Niagara, I'm must have these toys!! I just must!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon   'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon Empty

Back to top Go down

'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' does a flying jump-kick to Nickelodeon
Page 1 of 1