Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS Empty
PostSubject: EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS   EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 7:34 pm

Quote :
The competition for this year's comedy series Emmy will be anything but funny. Even though "30 Rock" has won the series kudo for three years' running, there are well over a dozen potential nominees spread across network, basic cable and premium cable, setting up a race for the crown that might be even more fierce than the typically cutthroat drama category.

Established comedy contenders like "30 Rock," "The Office" and "Two and a Half Men" have been joined in the competish by potential first-time nominees including "Glee," "Modern Family," "Parks and Recreation" and "The Big Bang Theory." Several explanations for the explosion exist -- including the notion that it has been in the works for much more than the past year.

"Personally, I think TV has, taken as a whole, been really good for a while now," "30 Rock" exec producer Robert Carlock says. "But if there is a 'boom,' then great. And of course the same thing has been happening on the drama side. I won't pretend to understand the business, but in our thousand-channel universe there are clearly more outlets, and that means more voices can be heard."

"Party Down" co-creator John Enbom also thinks the broader TV frontier has strengthened the comedy category.

"We were really lucky to work with Starz because they have a different approach than a network," he says, "and we've been given time to develop the show and find our voice."

Veteran sitcom actress Megan Mullally, who now appears on "Party Down," believes there's a spirit of camaraderie at work that's feeding many of the shows.

"You have a lot of people who are also working on each other's shows, giving each other jobs, and really the only criteria seems to be if you're talented and funny," says Mullally. "I don't get the sense that there's a lot of competition as much as they just want to make each other laugh."

"Modern Family" co-creator Steve Levitan thinks there's an openness to telling stories about more recognizable characters that has given shows more resonance.

"We ... and a lot of shows are telling stories about characters that seem real, that have real problems and that look a little more real than some TV characters did in the past," he says.

This sense of realism may also be inspired from other television genres.

"I think comedy has been most influenced by reality television," says B.J. Novak of "The Office." "The ways shows are shot and the way characters are shown has a lot to do with what we've been seeing in reality TV over the last 10 years."

Count the rise of the single-camera format among those effects.

"I do think there's been a single-camera revolution," says "Parks and Recreation" star and producer Amy Poehler. "That's created opportunities to tell stories in new ways."

Adds Sarah Silverman of "The Sarah Silverman Program": "Single camera is more intimate because the camera can go right into someone's face, and you can take the show in directions that make it feel more authentic for the audience."

Before anyone gets too comfortable with the idea that it's all about single camera, you have to consider that "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" are routinely pulling in big ratings going a relatively more traditional route.

"I was initially reluctant to go back to a multicamera comedy," says Johnny Galecki of "Big Bang." "But this format has worked for audiences since 'The Honeymooners,' and it's still working now."

Still, "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy points out that formats come and go, but letting the audience connect with characters that struggle against a handicap or problem is what makes great television.

"For a while shows were clever but they were a little cold, and I think ultimately audiences want to feel something," says Murphy.

source: variety.com

Like i saw it: 30 Rock, The Office, Parks & Recreation, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Party Down (Surprisingly), The Sarah Silverman Project, Two and a Half Men, and sadly Modern Family are the top contenders for this category:

30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Party Down
Glee
Parks & Recreation
Two and a Half Men/The Office

Would be my nominee list.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS   EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:52 am

United States of Kiwi wrote:

30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Party Down
Glee
Parks & Recreation
Two and a Half Men/The Office

Would be my nominee list.

thats a good nominee list
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS   EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:54 am

They should do the same thing the Oscars did, 10 nominations for comedy and drama <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS   EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS Empty

Back to top Go down

EMMY COMEDY RACE WIDENS
Page 1 of 1