Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem

Go down 
+5
eb
REIGNBOW
janine
The Sexy Vixen
KTV-Time
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem Empty
PostSubject: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

Quote :
Maryse: WWE’s Hidden Gem?

Many have wondered why Maryse is seen as this major star in the WWE when it comes to the divas. She is constantly in the title picture. Although her ring work hasn’t been up to par like before; but her ring presence continues to be seen with every match.

Unlike all the other divas in the WWE, Maryse’s career was one that left many questioning why she was in the WWE. There were rumors going around that she was pulled from the Diva search because of her poor English but the WWE decided to keep her around because they saw something in her. What aside from Boobs, Blond and a pretty face, wasn’t clear to many, or to myself but they thought this girl had something they liked and they decided to keep her.

Maryse would learn to better her English and then debuted in the weirdest way. Maryse’s WWE debut was doing weekly segments welcoming fans back to smackdown. Thus practicing her English and getting her name known. This lead to her being featured in the Timberland video along side fellow Divas Torrie Wilson, Brooke Adams, Ashley Massaro, Kelly Kelly & Layla El. This lead to her first in ring appearance where she premiered the Video on Smackdown.

Maryse then became an on screen regular and was featured almost on a weekly basis, this was most likely due to the departure of Torrie Wilson. Since then Maryse has been a permanent name in the Division on both Raw and Smackdown and winning the Divas Championship a record two times.

But now Maryse’s career has taken yet another turn. Maryse has been paired with potential WWE Main Event Star, Ted DiBiase Jr. Now once more eye brows were raised by this random pairing but recently news have been circulating that the pairing was done to help Ted DiBiase with his lack of charisma. There have been only positive reviews on her performance as his valet.

So it seems WWE has more confidence then Maryse then many thought. Maryse is being used as a tool to help boost Ted DiBiase’s career to become a Main Event Star. In WWE it is a rarety the last few years for a woman to be used aside from the usual roles. Ted DiBiase’s Main Event is practically on Maryse’s shoulders. Though this may mean that she is going to take a break from the division and the championship (You see Michelle, it is possible to take a break), this could only benefit her career in the long run. With her new found popularity being aligned with Ted DiBiase and the fact the WWE has a whole lot of faith the French Canadian Starlet. Let’s see what next is in stored for Maryse in the WWE.

Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

aww I'm happy for her and that Timbaland video is one of my favorites. It's a really good song, too.

i am mad her feud with Cherry didnt go further. stupid WWE fired Cherry for being "fat" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:24 pm

All i'm saying is....she's taking a break from the Division.....and it isn't because she's injured either....so now i want to know what escuse people are going to use now shifty
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:29 pm

Im not a fan of hers but good for her for taking a break from the divison. I think she can help Ted out. I think they are going to make a good pair.

I think Raw's divison is getting to be better then SD's. They are pushing new girls in the divison like Alicia and Eve.

I gotta give Maryse some points on willing to step out of the divison for a while.

Now if Michelle will do the same....

I hope Maryse's pairing with Ted works out.

Sidenote: Kevin did you write this? If so good job.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:47 pm

Yups wrote it myself......GRACIAS smile
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 4:50 pm

United States of Kiwi wrote:
Yups wrote it myself......GRACIAS smile

WOW You should be a writer. You are really good. I will love to see you write an article about the men. smile
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:03 pm

If only i cared about the guys more then what they packing im innocent

Whenever there is something news worthy on the divas side i write, like my last article on Taylor Wilde & Sarita.

I do want to write in the future, but more poetry and that kind of stuff. I'm gonna release a Book of poems one day (wel it's a dream, i already have loads of them written). But to write an article on a weekly basis...lol, there better be some news, if not i'm not inspired lol.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:28 pm

Well Maryse and Ted have worked together before i believe she managed him before so they should already have good chemistry , thats pathetic a women needs to boost your populairty , i still love my Teddy Bear and my Maryse hot couple, i'd hit them both at the same time......just saying
Back to top Go down
eb
Lower Midcarder
eb

Female
Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 5:32 pm

Maryse is prolly a bigger deal than most of the divas because she carries herself like a big deal. When she is acting all cocky and holier than thou, you really believe that she's really a bitch or ho (depending on preference).

You can't say that about the other divas who get much stronger pushes. I joke about how Michelle cannot be beaten, but she ain't got shit on Beth. When is the last time someone pinned Beth before Layla did in May? But what does Beth do in character development? She lifts her arms up. Big whoopie do. No need to beat that horse named Michelle any more. Eve.. Haha.

People were criticizing Maryse for taking acting classes as oppose to "learning how to wrestle" when she went out last year, but I really think it has paid off for Maryse. Her not being in diva matches is a total promotion.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 10:35 pm

It's a gift for guys like me, I have no desire to see her wrestle unless she brings it like she did on SD against McCool smile

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 2:18 am

I am glad.

Have her manage Ted for a while and maybe later on they both can have gold.

Just not anytime soon [for her that is..].
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 4:38 am

I think the tag match this week proved she isn't taking a break. The division couldn't handle Maryse being away from it. I think of her like Sable...She had great ring presence, but didn't deserve to be constantly pushed for a lot of titles.
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

^I hope thats not the case. I hope she is just wrestling when she is needed. Like Rosa did when she was with Zach Ryder.

They need to let other girls have a go at the spotlight. I know WWE love Maryse but it cant always be about her.

She can stay with Ted and let the other girls like Gail, Eve, Alicia and Jillian get their spotlight in the divison.

Her fans will still get to see her but doing something different.

I think the divison can do just fine without Maryse but how do we know, they havent really tried.
Back to top Go down
eb
Lower Midcarder
eb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 3:19 pm

Rated X Superstar wrote:
The division couldn't handle Maryse being away from it.

No shit. Look at last year. The champion at the time (Mickie) went through every chick on Raw (Beth, Alicia, Gail, Jillian, Rosa) and all of the matches were deemed forgettable and bland. For once I ain't gonna put the blame all on Mickie. Its because none of the chicks in those matches can't portray any emotion.

I don't know why people ignore the fact that Maryse is one of the few Divas with a natural charisma and presence about her. Heck, she has more to her character than "happy idiot" or "PMS suffer." Yet, because she's not fucking up moves or trying to kill her fucking self by doing shitty spots, she sucks.

If I am wrong, give me five things about the character the chick you want pushed has. Can you even get to three?

Maryse
- Sneaky
- Acts like she is the shit, even a lot of people don't think so
- Makes fun of the goodie two-shoes
- Gets bitchy when someone hits her face or when she breaks a nail
- Has schizophrenic moments when she's on the mic
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 5:05 pm

well by that logic Paul Heyman should have won the WWE title instead since he was a better heel than the Big Show

as for Mickie's matches being boring, did you watch Maryse/Mickie at Night of Champions? that was more boring than any of the Raw matches last year. the only reason Maryse hasn't been botching in matches is because she's mostly been wrestling two minute matches and doing two moves tops in them (apart from Over the Limit where she actually made an effort). did you watch that tag match on Superstars with Jillian? she was awful, she oversold a back elbow and fell out of the ring, hopped on the spot not sure whether to dodge a clothesline or not and didn't sell a bulldog properly. Maryse is a gem but not in the ring, she has talent in her character and that is why she is better off as a valet. hell she should be the new GM, she'd be great at that. the problem most people have with Maryse is that she's been shoved into an area where she has no strength. it would be like giving her a record deal just because she would look good on CD covers as opposed to singing talent

the other divas don't really show much personality because they're not being given any opportunity to. Maryse was given mic time during the tournament to build herself up and before to hype herself up against Melina. Gail Kim was bland for ages until that mini feud with Maryse, at Elimination Chamber and the next night on Raw she showed a lot more personality and the crowd responded well to it. LayCool have a lot of personality as well, both girls can make a match hilarious, especially Layla. Jillian's got personality as well and so does Alicia after that little thing with Zack Ryder
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 5:17 pm

Gotta agree with Ricky here, that Maryse vs Mickie match was TERRIBLE! (following the awesomness that was Melina vs Michelle didn't help matters though)

Yes the girl has a great character, no one is denying that but quite a few of us mainly love the wrestling and want our faves to get a chance to shine, Molly Holly was probably one of the most boring divas ever but who the fuck cared? Bitch went out there and had some fantastic matches!

The point I'm making is that not everything is about having a character or charisma, it's moreso about the wrestling (at times). Even then Jillian Hall has a great character, PUSH HER! She deserves it.

Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 5:44 pm

eeehhhh People loved Francine, Beulah & Dawn because they were fucking awesome and not because they were awesome wrestlers.

Like i said, i'm happy she's taking a break, this could only benefit her career, while the rest of the roster worries about having a job the other day, she's on someone arm.

And Ricky, yes Heyman was over, but so was 90% of all the men that held the world championship. because of her character, Maryse makes a believeable champion.

Santino is over, would he be seen as a threat if he was world champion?

That's what i love about you people, you take peoples words and twst them around. Because last i checked, nor Lita, Trish or Sable were great wrestlers when the first became champions. Lita was a sloppy ass spot monkey, Trish was the botch queen and Sable.....was well sable.

All these women share one thing with Maryse, they portray their characters so well the crowd cares. There is a reason Eve was feuding with maryse, in hopes of her heat rubbing off on Eve. Because Eve is now fueding with Alicia, with the little momentum Maryse tried to give her.
Back to top Go down
eb
Lower Midcarder
eb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 6:47 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:
well by that logic Paul Heyman should have won the WWE title instead since he was a better heel than the Big Show

Heyman wasn't competing a very weak division in which the fact that someone DOESN'T do moves makes a person stand out.

Quote :
as for Mickie's matches being boring, did you watch Maryse/Mickie at Night of Champions? that was more boring than any of the Raw matches last year.

Maryse was doing everything she could to get the crowd going. She was telling them to shut up. She was calling them stupid for liking Mickie more. What did Mickie do in return? Well, she wasn't sympathetic, that's for sure. Or that feud would've gotten more heat. Besides, whoever thought of giving Mickie a 10 minute match against anyone, let alone someone who is so dependant on the face to play off of her, should be kicked in the ass.

Quote :
the only reason Maryse hasn't been botching in matches is because she's mostly been wrestling two minute matches and doing two moves tops in them (apart from Over the Limit where she actually made an effort).

Just because she isn't focused on doing moves to the point she is fucking them up royally like Eve doesn't mean she isn't trying. Maryse tries hard to "make the crowd give a damn" as oppose to "I swear, I can wrestle!"

Quote :
did you watch that tag match on Superstars with Jillian? she was awful, she oversold a back elbow and fell out of the ring, hopped on the spot not sure whether to dodge a clothesline or not and didn't sell a bulldog properly.

You wanna be that nitpicky? Okay, Michelle did the same fall out of the ring spot the next night but since the stick doesn't sell at all, she looked like a bigger fool than Maryse. And how do you sell a bulldog "properly"? Maryse held her face, like anyone would've.

Quote :
Maryse is a gem but not in the ring, she has talent in her character and that is why she is better off as a valet. hell she should be the new GM, she'd be great at that. the problem most people have with Maryse is that she's been shoved into an area where she has no strength. it would be like giving her a record deal just because she would look good on CD covers as opposed to singing talent

Pro wrestling is all about being interesting enough that it doesn't matter what you do as long as good sized number of people want to see you do it. Kiwi brought up Lita, Trish, and Sable. No one was crying to see them do headlocks and other stupid "I can wrestle!" spots every night. People wanted to see what Lita would do to help her boyz. People wanted to see Trish get her butt handed to her 'cuz she was evil. And Sable proved that a hot chick needs more than being almost naked to stay over.

Quote :
the other divas don't really show much personality because they're not being given any opportunity to.

Maryse was acting like the shit waaayyyyy before most people even knew how to say her name. Go back and watch Lame Attempt #454624 aka that SD Diva Contest from early 2008.

Quote :
Maryse was given mic time during the tournament to build herself up and before to hype herself up against Melina. Gail Kim was bland for ages until that mini feud with Maryse, at Elimination Chamber and the next night on Raw she showed a lot more personality and the crowd responded well to it.

1) As someone who has seen and hear a Gail promo, it is a good thing she doesn't get much mic time. Sorry, but monotonous people do not cut good promos.

2) I guess we were watching a different match from that night.

Quote :
LayCool have a lot of personality as well, both girls can make a match hilarious, especially Layla. Jillian's got personality as well and so does Alicia after that little thing with Zack Ryder

1) LayCool couldn't be more forced if they went to everyone in the crowd and literally rammed Michelle's chin down their throats.

2) Jillian has charisma. That is why her character works. She uses DIFFERENT tones of her voice. And she NEVER comes across as she doesn't know what she is doing. But more importantly, she gets comedy.

3) Alicia still doesn't have much of a character outside of trying to make cat claws. I guess she tries to be all opportunistic with her kick, but man, that just looks stupid considering she lands on her ass most of the time.

Again, I ask. Would someone please name me 5 things about a Diva's character that you would want to get pushed?
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

Layla rivals Maryse in the personality department, I think. Hardly forced as you said.

Back to top Go down
eb
Lower Midcarder
eb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 7:09 pm

I agree. I really do. I think that is why she won the Diva Search is because you really feel Layla is just a really nice gal you would want to hang out with.

However, she is stuck with Michelle, does drag anyone down to anti-It factor hell with her.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 10:07 pm

i disagree. if she hadn't been paired with Michelle she probably wouldn't be a blip on the radar right now. when the bright spark who thought of Team LayCool did so they saved Layla's job. if she hadn't been allowed to shine as she was there she might have been released months ago or just become a bland average diva. if LayCool does break up and Layla turns face then i think she could be really good on her own provided the booking is good

as for Gail Kim i found her promos fine and she was getting good reactions when she was being built up. in that six diva tag after Maryse won the title the crowd were chanting for her and they popped when she slapped Maryse in the face. i think if they had kept pushing her she'd at least be as over as Eve is now

personally i don't find a Maryse match interesting unless she actually wrestles. she has been one of the laziest workers ever since she was injured. however before her injury her matches were quite good, she earned that first Divas title. and Over the Limit showed she's still got something in her. but it won't be a loss if she leaves the ring for a while and allows more deserving girls to get the title. Maryse's strength is in her character and she could do wonders for Ted

i keep hearing people whine about how awful Eve is in the ring but the word overstatement keeps popping up in my head. Eve to me is quite a talented girl and she's making an effort. Over the Limit impressed me a lot since both girls worked really hard there. from what i'm basically hearing is that Eve is learning moves but she's learning the wrong ones. what moves should she be learning then?
Back to top Go down
eb
Lower Midcarder
eb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:58 am

I have to disagree with the Layla sentiments. Jobbers have more value in wrestling than most people think. They are there to help make whoever is getting a push seem like a big deal.

Layla is still a jobber.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem   Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem Empty

Back to top Go down

Maryse: WWE's Hidden Gem
Page 1 of 1