Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melina

Go down 
+3
Blue Ryder
bobby_says_hi
X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

Please don't let this turn into an argument...Debate, not argue. Don't get personal and it should be fine. I don't want the thread ruined lol.

I was watching some heel Melina vids, and really miss this Melina. She was quick on the mic, and was just totally epic in segments, in ring, or out of the ring. They could've easily introduced her as "that random girl" on Raw, but thankfully they took her away from Raw and introduced her to Smackdown. She was introduced with MNM, which would eventually be known as a smart move, and one of the more exciting/over tag teams in recent history. Being involved with this tag team and particular superstars definantly gave Melina the "overness" she needed to become a huge player in the womens division.

Many say she sucks in the ring, when although that is their opinion, she doesn't "suck." As a heel, she had one of the more interesting movesets, which made her rather underrated. She wasn't the best or most solid worker on Smackdown, but once she made her way to Raw, she really tightened up her moveset. One of the things I most remember was her unique leg submissions, and some of her other moves (which she innovated herself, before anyone bothers). She was over, and definantly passed as the credible heel champion, aka Ivory. She really could be a figure like Ivory was (I think she already is). She was the strongest heel character on the entire roster, and it could easily be pulled off. Her attack on the pb models was an example of this, and reminded me of Ivory attacking all the divas for bikinis, etc.

Then Melina turned face, and it seemed to all go down hill. Melina never recieved so much hate as she did then. Most people were excited for Melina in 2006 when she was entered into the womens division on Raw. But two years later, after being buried by Candice, it all just went downhill. She began jobbing out, and lost a lot of her credibility, which she regained when she became a face. People seem to assume that Melina "buries" everyone, when that is nothing but the truth. Melina took a backseat right through 2007 and 8. She jobbed to Beth, then took that needed backseat to allow Beth to shine. By turning face and defeating the likes of Beth and Michelle, Melina regained much of her lost credibility from 2006 from jobbing to clearly talentless girls like Candice & Maria.

To me, seeing Melina lose to Mickie after one move, and seeing her lose to Maria cleanly by her bulldog was a complete joke. Such a great character, for no reason gone downhill. If she was such a bad wrestler, her matches with Candice & Maria wouldn'tve been kept together like they were. They weren't on the level of Beth/Candice, but at least it wasn't a clusterfuck like many expected (even her match with Ashley wasn't that bad).

As a face her moveset changed dramatically, and she adapted to a more high flying/speedy moveset which does suit her, however doesn't come off as well with the inexperienced divas. Melina has always been quick in the ring, but she became TOO quick. For that reason, many of her moves came off as botchy. As a heel she was solid, which was why there was such a noticeable difference in her abilities. By this time, she wasn't known as the Melina who lost to Maria and Candice, but the Melina who barely lost to anyone except Michelle, Mickie & Beth...The top superstars. This was where Melina needed to be, as she was a top superstar in WWE. She didn't bury people, she just got back to where she previously was in 06.

Who has she buried? She had a great back and forth match with Beth and Michelle (with Michelle defeating her most of the time). The only person she has buried has been Jillian (but who doesn't bury her? Jillian is seen as a jobber...And if Eve can plow through her, Melina needs to plow through her quicker and easier), and Alicia. But Alicia was also a nobody during that time, getting random wins at random times. Melina is WWE's top face next to Beth, and therefore is going to be booked strongly (though she isn't overly strong anymore IMO).

I wish Melina would go back to being heel like she was strong at. Strong character, strong moveset...Much better. As a face she seems forced in and out of the ring, which is the reason for a lot of her hate I feel.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:08 am

whoa people actually say Melina sucks in the ring? she's one of the best on the roster. i'm not gonna take the Eve and Alicia arguments seriously anymore
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

I think we can manage a thread without the arguing, I'll be watching this topic :ooh la la:
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:43 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:
whoa people actually say Melina sucks in the ring? she's one of the best on the roster. i'm not gonna take the Eve and Alicia arguments seriously anymore

She does suck, to me anyways. Its easy to say she's one of the best on the roster. Its easy to call yourself smart in a group of dumbies, as easy as it is to say your one of the best in the ring compared to the trained monkeys the have in the ring.

I liked Melina as a worker, she is decent enough to get it done, she is on fire when the attention is on her and leaves a whole lot to be desired when it isn't. I actually liked most of her smackdown stuffs and even her move to Raw, is when she came back from her injury with her new "wrestling style" is when she went to decent enough to just plain bad. I really couldn't watch her, she was attempting a style that for starters she saw someone else use, but also to add insult to injury, she was performing it poorly as well. Then i was Meh.

NOW melina the person herself, i never liked at all. Since her days as "Kyra" who she still believes was a big name in the indy scene but really no one had a clue who she was. But that didn't stop her from having a big head about it. She felt because she was in the indy scene (for a very short period i might add i think it was a little over 2 years), she has this idea she knows how things work. All i'm saying back then she used to think she was Da Shit and it always rubbed me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
SP The Ghost
Opener
SP The Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:45 pm

I'm not sure if she's better as a heel or a face, but I do think she should turn heel, for the purpose of having some different feuds available.

It probably won't happen anytime soon though because she just came back.
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 3:13 pm

That was well put X. I like Melina as a face but I will like to see her turn heel and Feud with Nattie. Melina has said on the WWE.com chat that she always wanted to work with Nattie. I do think Melina plays a better heel but I think she does good as a face too.

I agree with this part and I been saying that:
Quote :
People seem to assume that Melina "buries" everyone, when that is nothing but the truth. Melina took a backseat right through 2007 and 8. She jobbed to Beth, then took that needed backseat to allow Beth to shine. By turning face and defeating the likes of Beth and Michelle, Melina regained much of her lost credibility from 2006 from jobbing to clearly talentless girls like Candice & Maria.

To me, seeing Melina lose to Mickie after one move, and seeing her lose to Maria cleanly by her bulldog was a complete joke. Such a great character, for no reason gone downhill. If she was such a bad wrestler, her matches with Candice & Maria wouldn'tve been kept together like they were. They weren't on the level of Beth/Candice, but at least it wasn't a clusterfuck like many expected.

That proves right there that Melina wasnt or isnt always in the title picture, unlike Michelle who is(no offense to Michelle of course). I fail to see where Melina buries people. If anything shes been buried so many times by Ashley, Candice, Maria, Michelle, ect.

It is upsetting that people say Oh Melina buries people, which is the furtest from the truth.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 4:33 pm

Very great post X. smile

There are times when I do miss Melina as a heel. I still remember the first night she debuted on SD with MNM. I even hated her when she first debuted because that's how great she played her character, but after a couple months her bitchy character grew on me. I don't think she was the best wrestler back then but she did get the job done and she had some decent matches with Christy and a good debut match with Michelle.

No one can deny that she was a GREAT manager though, faking injuries, hitting people with her boot and leading MNM to tag team gold three times I believe. Melina really started to shine in the ring when she fought Trish at Survivor Series in 2005 which was a really good match. When she got "fired" I couldn't wait to see her go to Raw. I even remember her match with Trish on Raw which was good as well.

And might I add, Melina was the Queen of facial expressions as a heel, she always had me cracking up. While I did think her first Raw matches with Mickie were a bit sloppy, they still had a fantastic match at Backlash which showed right there that Melina would be one of the best women wrestlers in the WWE.

As much as I miss her as a heel, I do love her as a face. I know some people say she's got the bland boring smiley character but I really enjoy her move set. I do agree with X when he says she is too quick at times but if she's in the ring with the right woman who can keep up it ends up being a great match.

Melina's had so many amazing matches and as for her burying divas I really don't see it. Like X said, Candice got her superwoman push and buried Melina and Maria pinned her in a tag match with a stupid bulldog. I also recall Ashley getting the upperhand in their feud as well. Melina was putting those women over and her credibility got ruined. She does get pushed a lot but who doesn't? Do people speak up when they see Michelle burying divas on SD? Because that is the definition of burying, Michelle goes right through them each week, that's exactly what she did to Melina.

Melina doesn't go through every single diva and she will put them over. There will be times when she gets the upperhand but there will also be times when her opponent gets the upperhand which I expect to happen with her and Alicia. I highly doubt they're going to just have Melina pull a Michelle and get the upperhand every week. Alicia will get some wins and whenever they have their first match she will get a lot of offense too. Melina isn't all about herself, she wants to work with them so they can have a great match.

Having said all that, I don't think this is the last time we've seen Melina as a heel. I'm sure sometime in the future they will turn her heel again and I can only imagine how much better she will be this time around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Sponsored content

Melina Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melina   Melina Empty

Back to top Go down

Melina
Page 1 of 1