Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage Heat on The Pope

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Backstage Heat on The Pope Empty
PostSubject: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

Quote :
Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

There is backstage heat on D'Angelo "The Pope" Dinero among some individuals in TNA Wrestling.

According to sources within WWE, one of the reasons he was let go from the company two years ago was because many felt he let his push on the ECW brand get to his head. He was known to refer to himself in third person as "The Black Pope" once he achieved notoriety and it rubbed some people the wrong way. He has been exhibiting similar behavior in TNA as of late according to sources, which has some of his colleagues complaining. He didn't do himself any favors by veering off script and cutting a 15 minute promo at a recent live event. Producer D-Lo Brown scolded him afterwards, with a number of wrestlers rolling their eyes at Dinero after it was over.

"The Pope" has also developed a reputation for making himself look good at the expense of his opponents. We'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 4:47 pm

so he's bringing his heel character to life, basically..

I still love him.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

The guy really isn't that good, he needs to cool it. There's good, really good, then there's great. He's just good. As for his looks... that's for one to determine. One might find him to be a 10 like Vix lol, another might not look twice if they say him on the street.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

I think he has good in-ring ability. He just needs to cool the ego and he'd be fine. Talking in 3rd person is very very very annoying. Backstage Heat on The Pope 77194

as for his looks....well i'm sure this sums up my feelings ---> Backstage Heat on The Pope 855580
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:48 pm

Quote :
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero issued the following statement on his Twitter account in response to a report over the weekend that he has heat with numerous individuals in TNA Wrestling and that he referred to himself in third person during his WWE tenure:

"The Pope" wasn't born until TNA, kinda hard to say "The Black Pope" in 3rd person, 15min promo Toledo,OH? LMBO. Thanks 4 da publicity~ PHS"

Contrary to his statement, the "Pope" persona was cultivated before he joined TNA.

Shortly after his May 2008 disappearance from WWE airwaves, Dinero was repackaged with a gothic persona by the name of "Black Pope." He came out completely dressed in black and performed praying gestures during matches. However, the gimmick never made it to television as he was released by the organization in November 2008.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

The Pope is gonna get his ass fired!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 5:52 pm

D'Lo said once in a shoot that similar happened with The Rock when he started getting over, the character going to his head and literally becoming it over time. D'Lo said Rocky got out of line once and he told him "Who the hell you talkin' to like that? You Betta Recognize!" (that's where his catchphrase came from) and Dwayne then cooly played it off. But it's no surprise WHATSOEVER D'Lo was the one who scolded the shit out of Pope, he knows better than anybody how to deal with that.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:23 pm

Human Target wrote:
Quote :
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero issued the following statement on his Twitter account in response to a report over the weekend that he has heat with numerous individuals in TNA Wrestling and that he referred to himself in third person during his WWE tenure:

"The Pope" wasn't born until TNA, kinda hard to say "The Black Pope" in 3rd person, 15min promo Toledo,OH? LMBO. Thanks 4 da publicity~ PHS"

Contrary to his statement, the "Pope" persona was cultivated before he joined TNA.

Shortly after his May 2008 disappearance from WWE airwaves, Dinero was repackaged with a gothic persona by the name of "Black Pope." He came out completely dressed in black and performed praying gestures during matches. However, the gimmick never made it to television as he was released by the organization in November 2008.

exactly why I say not everyone in TNA is a WWE "reject" he took the gimmick WWE gave him, which they failed to get over, and made it work in TNA and now he's one of their top stars.

now he just needs to get that chip off his shoulder so that he can finally be allowed to win that tv title.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:35 pm

That true ^ (The chip)

Sucks to have problems like this for TNA and they have as it is... well, I guess this is why they are TNA....
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:38 pm

i cant event root for him to win gold now. All the while i'm sitting here as one of his biggest fangirls, he's backstage acting like a jackass.

dammit, Pope!! I cant vouch for you now!!!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:53 pm

*sigh* gotdamn, not another cocky young 'black' athlete..WHHHYYY???
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 7:39 pm

Maybe the 'great' ones are all programed that way... IDK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Heat on The Pope   Backstage Heat on The Pope Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Heat on The Pope
Page 1 of 1