Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rated X Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Rated X Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 4:59 am

In this thread I will suggest videogames that I thought were very awesome and worth playing. Note that some might not be on the system you have, due to them being an unclusive or so forth.

Rated X Suggestions E406084ab908

One of the earliest role-playing games for the PlayStation 2, Summoner originally had its roots as a PC title before being moved to Sony's console as the lead SKU. Following the exploits of Joseph, one of the last remaining Summoners, Volition's first RPG tells a story of destruction, salvation, and exploration as our hero travels the world in his quest for the legendary Summoner rings. Features include an action-oriented combat system, a cast of more than 120 different characters, five person battle parties, 16 different summoned creatures, more than 50 hours of storyline, and an arsenal of unique weapons and spells.

My Rating:

Presentation- 7.5
Presentation is really well done, with the use of cutscenes to further develop the story at the right times, however some of it is rather unneccessary (boss fights for example). This score would be much higher, but the dramatic loading times for boss fights, and changing to another location really makes this game frustrating at times. If you don't mind loadscenes, this won't be a problem for you. (I hated them, but still endured). The ability to talk to just about anyone, with them providing usefullness is also another benefit.

Graphics-7
Being one of the original roleplays on ps2, the graphics were really well done. However they weren't as crisp as they could've been, but the attention to detail on the faces of the characters did make up for this. The scenary was enticing, however at some points you could see through walls, which was rather annoying.

Sound-8.5
I really enjoyed the sound in this game. The music fit perfect to the scenary, and although some issues, worked well. Hearing the characters scream/warcry during fighting was also good, as well as the good, although repetitive dying scream. The grunts did get very repetitive in fighting as you go along.

Gameplay-8
The gameplay starts out slow, but soon improves when you advance in levels. The only bad thing about the gameplay is the chain fighting system, where you couldn't manually press buttons to fight, it was the basic attack-enemy attacks system. Made fights rather tiresome at times.

Lasting Appeal- 10
Never have I played such a deep and engrossing game, which sucks you into its world so well, and you don't want to leave. This game has so many main missions, and so many side missions, that its impossible to complete within a few days, or even a week/s. If one looks to complete all the mini quests and train their characters, it could last a very long time. That, and the replayability to start a new game and take a different path/develop characters differently. One main thing that makes this game so replayable is having computer AI apart of your party/core characters, which gives it a multiplayer feel to it.

Overall Rating- 9
Apart from the loading times and the annoying gameplay, the replayability of this game makes it such a dynamic game, that one will enjoy.

Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 1:10 pm

I've played this game before. I hated it and sold it quickly.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 12:18 am

OMG it was so awesome Teary Eyed Haha
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:03 am

Rated X Suggestions Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Chaos_Bleeds_Coverart

My Rating:
Presentation- 7.5
This game has a rather basic, yet solid presentation, with the main menu, and the ability to go into levels which have already been beaten. The use of cutscenes frequently helps out the product.
Graphics-8
The graphics weren't their best, but they served their purpose. An example of these graphics was roaming through the school and seeing how lifely it looks, just like the real thing. Face models were prety damn accurate if I say so myself. They did look a little too animated and like sim characters at time, which was the downfall.

Sound-9
Sound was probably one of the best aspects of this game. Hearing a comment (although gets repetitive) from each character when they slay a vamp or get an object was always a welcomed addition which made the game feel more real. The slaying noises of vampires were also pretty cool. Other than the repetitiveness, it was great.

Gameplay-9
The controls are easy to master, and the combat system is up to par, making it a rather entertaining play.

Lasting Appeal- 9
This game is extremely good at keeping you occupied for a long while. The levels are long, tedious and I could barely pass some of them without using walkthroughs. In one level, there are so many things you need to collect, and you are constantly going back and forth in order to get to the next area. The addition of the multiplayer mode was also awesome, however was lacking in substance. The ability to cast spells now and play as different characters definantly advanced it than its predecessor.

Overall Rating- 8.5
The loading times are fast, and even if you aren't a BTVS fan you will still find enjoyment out of the deep storyline and combat system/amazing levels.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:08 am

I've played that Buffy game, it was cool.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:12 am

I really loved it. I got scared in certain levels too lol.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:25 am

I liked 'Hunter: The Reckoning' way more. 'Obscure' was good too.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:30 am

Never heard of it :/
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 3:22 am

Wow you really resurrected this.

I hope you keep up with it since it is a good read.

I loved that Buffy game.

I had it for XBox and still have it somewhere.

I loved Willow the most since her powers were cool. smile
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 11:25 am

I liked Willow the most too. I really enjoyed that Mall level because of her magical powers.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions EmptySat 27 Aug 2011, 3:38 am

Rated X Suggestions 762486-xena_large

A game dating right back to the 90's era of videogames on the PS1 (where games were really great too). If you watched the show, you'd notice that the storyline in this game is one "out of the show" and was just made up, which is always a good decision, adding freshness to the product. Story revolves around her sidekick Gabrielle being kidnapped, in order to be sacrificed to the old one Kalibrax to bring a new world order.

Presentation- 7.5
The custscenes were really well implemented and furthered the storyline extensively. For a ps1 game, the cutscenes were really good, I thought. The 'before level' description was set out like each level was a Xena episode and gave a background description while it loaded. By the time you managed to read the description, the level had loaded, which was a nice touch.

Graphics-6.5
For a ps1 game at the time, it could've been visually better. The faces were off and some of the locations just looked iffy. But it served its purpose.

Sound-10
The sound follows the series terrificly, with action music, suspense music, all flowing at the right time, such as when an enemy attacks. The music really improved the entertainment of the game. The only downfall was the voice overs, but the lady who portrayed Xena sounded veyr like to Lucy Lawless, so all is good.

Gameplay-7.5
Good for its time, just lacked some proper controls- were a bit stiff at times. Liked the added weapons such as lightning sword, super chakram etc. The Chakram throwing could've been implemented better, as most of the time was annoying, other than using it to spy lol.

Lasting Appeal- 8

The game lasts a while as the levels are rather challenging at points. Being a fan of Xena, I enjoyed replaying the game over and over.

Overall Rating- 8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rated X Suggestions   Rated X Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Rated X Suggestions
Page 1 of 1