Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New SDvR 2011 Info.

Go down 
+4
Mia
Paul Wyatt
VLG.
Did You Miss Her?
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

New SDvR 2011 Info. Empty
PostSubject: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011: Why We're Pumped

I gave you the gist of WWE Universe last time I wrote about WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, but even I find it a bit confusing on paper. Basically, the standard career mode is gone. WWE Universe replaces it with a never ending calendar of RAWs, SmackDowns, Superstars shows and pay-per-views. You can choose to focus on one Superstar and play every one of his matches as the months go by, play every match on every card, or simulate as far as you like and see how the federation shapes up. The game is going to create stories, rivalries, teams and more in this exhibition mode and continue to evolve each time you advance it.

When I had the chance to fool with it this time around, I made sure I did as much as I could. For starters, I pushed Evan Bourne and started giving him matches with the top dogs on RAW so that his power ranking rose (arrows let you know who is rising and falling on the WWE charts). I was trying to get him into the title picture, but when I'd brawl with Cena, Orton would come out to interfere on his behalf.

The WWE Universe is yours.

When I moved on from there, I decided to jump into a Diva's No. 1 contender match for the hell of it as Eve. I beat Maryse, but then Vince McMahon came out and announced "my other opponent." On the fly, Gail Kim came out to fight me for the No. 1 spot. When I beat her, I got a message letting me know I had just unlocked her. I jumped into a triple threat for the U.S. Championship at Backlash, won, and unlocked the Backlash Arena and Cruiserweight title. (I spied eight locked championships, by the way.)

This is what I dig about WWE Universe Mode so far – you don't know what's going to happen or what you're going to get. I started playing every match to see what I could get, but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen because even entrances were getting interrupted by the opponents. You jump into these matches you normally wouldn't see, and you're getting rewarded with TV-style antics and in-game unlockables.

And, even sweeter for marks out there, when one of my entrances got interrupted, we brawled outside for a while, and it wasn't until we both made our way into the ring that the ref waved his arms and rang the bell to officially begin the match. Similarly, the Universe remembers who is Mr. Money in the Bank, and when you click on a title match, it asks if you want to cash in the briefcase and run out. Minor touches like that are where SVR 11 wins your heart.

Last year's game introduced Story Designer, a mode that allowed players to create their own WWE stories using cutscenes and matches and then share them online. That's back this year, and THQ has only expanded it.

For starters, the developers have added 75 new scenes for you to use in your stories (my demo showcased Taker popping out of the center of the ring, interrupting an HBK interview, and chokeslamming Shawn through the hole before having fire explode from the crevice), but making that all the more impressive is that you can now have your own branching stories using these scenes. If you want it so that a win and loss lead to different outcomes, you can do that now. You can split your own tale so the player has a bunch of different options.

On top of all that, you can now craft tales that allow you to play with friends – yes, multiplayer has made its way to Story Designer creations. You can whip up creations for up to four players on the Xbox 360 and up to six on the PlayStation 3. While you'll still need to type in text if you're trying to convey a Superstar's thoughts, you can now pick songs and announcer segments from a sound library to give your stories a bit of life.

Now using created Superstars in your stories was a bit of a letdown last year. If you recall, you could only have 10 instances last time around – as in if you had one created Superstar in a tale, you could only use him in ten segments. That's done with this year. Now, you can put up to 15 CAS into a storyline and use them as many times as you like.

If all of that wasn't overwhelming enough – at least for a Story Designer shlub like myself – you can also add health triggers in matches that set off cutscenes mid-match. If you want a cutscene where Cena gets smacked with a chair after Triple H racks up enough damage on John's noggin, you can set that for you story.

Oh, and in those cutscenes, you can add a championship belt – any of the straps in the game – to any cutscene. Score.

I only drink cola!

Confession: I've never been that into the Royal Rumble. I mean, the event itself is cool and part of WWE tradition, but in games, it's never been something I look forward to – especially in story modes. Road to WrestleMania has removed the Rumble from being something you have to do, and last year, the new elimination systems actually made the match itself more fun (eliminatations came down to mashing buttons and stopping an arrow in the sweet spot). Still, outside of playing for Trophies/Achievements, I never really touched the Rumble last time around.

I don't think that'll be the case this year as the Royal Rumble is going online for the first time ever. Yes, now you and 11 others can pop online and face off in one of the cornerstones of Sports Entertainment. After fooling around with the mode for a night, I can tell you the addition of human opponents using tactics and button-tapping skills makes the Rumble a lot more entertaining. Now, only six people can be in the ring at a time (This is for all online modes – yes, you can have six-player normal matches this time around), but when the other six are spectating, quizzes (Who will be the next to enter? Who will be eliminated next?) pop up to keep them involved.

When you get eliminated, you come back as the next available Superstar until the Rumble is said and done. When a winner's been declared, you're kicked to the stats screen where – if you're good – you're rewarded with a ton of Prestige Points. These points govern your online rank. As you eliminate people and keep yourself in the match, bonuses pop up on the screen, and these are all tallied in the end so that you can see how far you've advanced on your quest to move up from the "jobber" rank.

The Prestige Points were in last year's game, but you'll be able to bank way more this year – commenting on a creation, downloading someone else's work and so on earn you XP. Basically, whatever you do online is contributing to you becoming an online dynamo. Speaking of rating content, the stars are going to be a bit more diverse this year. Whereas in the past, content had to be full five stars, four stars or so on, averages will come into play so that there's a difference between 4.5 stars and 4.6 stars online. Plus, leaderboards will now track the best of the best in single matches, cage matches, Royal Rumbles, Community Creations, and so on.

There's a lot to master if you truly want to be the King of Kings (or Diva of Divas, ladies).

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 is big – 50 create-a-Superstars, 130 create-a-finishers and 30 paint tool slots big. At first glance, it looks a lot like 2010. The title belts still hover over shoulders at times and Jericho's entrance looks like it always has, but there's a lot going on this year. From the new announce tables moves (moonsault from the ring to the prone opponent) to street clothes for Superstars backstage to all the stuff I've talked about here.

With a month to go, I really can't wait to get my hands on the final version of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011.

Read more: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125174p2.html#ixzz11WH2mJlQ
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 6:07 pm

Sounds so epic.

I doubt I'd be able to reap the benefits of this game though, as I'm "old-school" *cough*poor*cough* and have only a PS2. Shame, but I hope most of this stuff is in it at least. Unless, they've stopped developing it for PS2 that is, which I will be majorly pissed off about if they have.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

I posted this in the SVR thread:

Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:23 am

the universe mode sounds kick ass.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 5:19 am

I am so hyped for universe mode, looks so unpredictable!
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 5:22 am

it sure does .. it'll probably be the first thing i play
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 5:36 am

Orton has such an oddball shaped head...

hehe
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 5:53 am

This is seriously what I've dreamed of (it better not get fucked up and make it like career mode. If its like I think it is- GM Mode, it will be epic!)... I always develop storylines and say I'll have my caw fued with someone and develop this week from week. Now I can do this in more depth, with less work on my behalf. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching my entrance and seeing myself being attacked!

This will be like HCTP season IMO, which is great!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:00 pm

Looks like I will actually do story mode this year. Looking forward for TV-MA Jordan H. ripping ass on TV-PG WWE.....
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:07 pm

Story mode was a bit too much for me last year. Shit took too long to make up something just for one night.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:11 pm

*school-girl voice*

That's what WWE Universe is for, silly! Teehee!
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:42 am

I gotta admit, story mode does look a lot more appealing because of the branching storylines aspect. I might download more stories this year because of that.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 2:56 am

Jordan H. wrote:
*school-girl voice*

That's what WWE Universe is for, silly! Teehee!

LOL IK... Thank goodness they've made the change.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:12 am

I'm looking forward to the match creator. A hardcore, hell in a cell, falls count anywhere match sounds AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:16 am

Yeah, I'll be more focused on Universe more than anything. Simplified version of Story Mode basically and never ends...just beautiful...
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:18 am

Don't get your hopes up too much...I doubt the Hell in a cell match would support all the added graphics.

Despite this, I think it'll still prove useful. Its been confirmed we can have an ironman match finishers only in the ring with fire around the ring. We can also do things like falls count anywhere Hell in a Cell, which is a good variation to have. I just hope we can change the royal rumble to pinfall only :D

I would love to see a TLC hell in a cell, but after thinking about it, it wouldn't work because of the roof xD
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:30 am

Best thing about Universe mode, it can be all about the CAWs. I plan on taking out all the the superstars/divas I don't like and just leave the few I do, and adding all my caws. LET THE MPW INVASION BEGIN! Thanks for killing my dream, X.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:37 am

I know I'm going to make some of the WD members like Vixen does and add them to the roster
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 3:50 am

I plan on making a bunch of Indy people, The Briscoe Bros. will be the tag teams.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 4:20 am

I'm pumped for the game.

When is the official release date again?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:30 pm

Silva, I have no idea lol i have it reserved though

"Rated X Property" wrote:
I plan on making a bunch of Indy people, The Briscoe Bros. will be the tag teams.

I suck at making Indy people..they never look like the actual wrestler...

plus it's more fun to make you guys and give you entrance themes and whatnot..

Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:50 pm

King Silva wrote:
I'm pumped for the game.

When is the official release date again?

October 26 here in the states.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New SDvR 2011 Info.   New SDvR 2011 Info. Empty

Back to top Go down

New SDvR 2011 Info.
Page 1 of 1