Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday Empty
PostSubject: 'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday   'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 9:29 pm

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/30/box-office-fast-five/

Vroom! Onomatopoeic openings aside, Friday’s box office consisted of two groups: Fast Five and everything else. Universal’s $125 million street-racing action film — the fifth in the Fast and the Furious franchise — collected an estimated $33.2 million on Friday, including $3.8 million from Thursday midnight showings. That result gives Fast Five the largest opening day ever in April, passing its predecessor Fast and Furious‘ $30.6 million opening-day tally in 2009. Fast Five, which stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and Dwayne Johnson, is on track to finish the weekend with about $78 million. Assuming the PG-13 movie does so, a whole slew of other records will be set: April’s biggest opening weekend (beating Fast and Furious‘ $71 million debut); Universal’s best opening ever (passing The Lost World: Jurassic Park‘s $72.1 million); and, naturally, 2011′s top debut to date (destroying Rio‘s $39.2 million opening from two weeks ago).

Fast Five provided a much-needed boost to a box office that’s been struggling so far this year. Case in point: The weekend’s three other new releases all posted underwhelming numbers. Disney’s PG-rated Prom landed in fifth with $1.9 million, and is on pace for a $5 million weekend. Luckily, the teen drama cost the studio only $8 million to produce. The Weinstein Company’s Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, however, had a reported budget of $30 million, and managed to collect just $1.1 million on Friday. The animated fairy-tale sequel should finish the weekend with around $4 million. By comparison, the original Hoodwinked opened to $12.4 million in 2005. And the Brandon Routh-starring horror comedy Dylan Dog: Dead of Night could only muster $270,000 on Friday from 875 theaters.

Holdovers saw steep drops from Easter weekend, when most kids had Friday off from school. Rio, the box-office champion for two weeks, fell 66 percent for $3.6 million on Friday. The animated tropical-bird adventure should pass the $100 million mark on Sunday. The Tyler Perry comedy Madea’s Big Happy Family plummeted 70 percent for $3.1 million. That’s a normal second-weekend decline for the multihyphenate filmmaker. And the circus romance Water for Elephants slipped 58 percent to earn $2.9 million. Check back here on Sunday for the complete box office report.

1. Fast Five — $33.2 mil
2. Rio — $3.6 mil
3. Madea’s Big Happy Family — $3.1 mil
4. Water for Elephants — $2.9 mil
5. Prom — $1.9 mil
6. Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil — $1.1 mil

------------------------------------------------------------
Shocked

Damn that's a lot.

Did you see this movie or any movie this past week?

Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday   'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday EmptySun 01 May 2011, 2:22 am

wow thats awesome, i havent but i want to see fast five.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday   'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday EmptySun 01 May 2011, 4:50 am

I heard it was good Mia but I think I'll wait til dvd.

I just got back from Scream 4 though.

Great movie imo.

I was surprised a lot of times so it gets a good grade from me [I'll write my official review later].. 'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday 177715
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday   'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

'Fast Five' Posts April's Largest Opening Day Ever With $33.2 mil on Friday
Page 1 of 1