Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ricky's weekly thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

ricky's weekly thoughts Empty
PostSubject: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 10:46 pm

Over The Limit - Brie Bella* vs Kelly Kelly (Divas' Championship):
I was honestly expecting a lot worse but it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. One thing I liked was the reactions during the entrances. The Bellas actually got a reaction so WWE must be doing something right. I felt that the work was fine and Brie finally showed off some improvement as well as ring presence. It didn't wow me but it wasn't an epic fail. I'd rather think of this as a building block to another match with hopefully more time. Time was probably the only thing that could have improved on the match since Kelly's comeback was over way too soon. Hopefully if they are to have another match, it should be given around six or seven minutes. 5/10

Eve moonsaults Michael Cole:
I don't think I've ever marked out as much as I did when Eve's music played. I nearly woke everyone in my house up. I never thought WWE would actually remember her or allow her to give Cole his comeuppance. I guess it goes to show that we shouldn't criticise storylines until they've played out because WWE usually does deliver some form of payoff. And Cole's humiliation conga was one of the high points of a patchy PPV. Overall rating: 8/10

Raw - Kharma and the divas:
First of all, I loved the backstage segment. Since they're apparently keeping Cole as a heel, give Eve some more chances to one up him. She might actually get a reaction next time she comes out.
As for the segment, I was honestly hoping to see more of the match but I expected WWE to go with all the divas banding together against her. I got goosebumps just at the sight of Kharma and Beth Phoenix in the same ring. I'm probably reading too much into it but it seemed like she gave Gail some special attention. While seeing her destroying all of them would have been epic, it's good that WWE are keeping her unpredictable. So far they've been booking her exactly the opposite of how we've been expecting them to. We know she'll be back for one more appearance at any rate, whether she's leaving or not so I'll wait until I've seen Raw to start praising or bitching. Segment rating: 6/10

Impact - ODB and Velvet Sky:
I'm glad ODB is back for a proper storyline but that black hair has got to go. She looks like X-Pac in drag. The promo was alright, well written but both of them seemed a bit flat on the mic. Velvet got into her stride a bit towards the end but we've seen much better from her in terms of promos. We've never seen Velvet and ODB before really have we? This could be quite the feud given how much better she is in the ring. And her wardrobe malfunction was awesome. Segment rating: 5/10

Mickie James vs Winter:
Wow, I never thought I'd see these two go at it again. To be honest, their match at Night of Champions and their stuff on Raw was a lot better than this. It was pretty forgettable and didn't set my world on fire. I was honestly expecting it to last longer given the pace it was going at but then Mickie just DDT'd her and it was over. The beatdown from Angelina was a little better and I think I prefer the zombie Angelina to the bitchy BP Angelina from the past. I'm calling it now, Angelina will take the title off Mickie and they will have Velvet vs Angelina for the title. It might not happen straight away and they might wait until Bound For Glory to give Velvet the title but judging from the push she's been getting lately, she's definitely getting it. And lord knows she deserves it now. 4/10

Smackdown - AJ & Kaitlyn vs Tamina & Alicia Fox:
I knew this was going to be a short one when Kaitlyn got tagged in. I would have nixed the backstage segment if it meant the match got more time but at least AJ got some form of hype for her debut. Her headscissors was nice and I'm hoping we see her and Alicia in a match on Superstars next week. Why did Kaitlyn have to work the majority of the match? She stumbled around for about two minutes before hitting that backbreaker (it looked good but...). They could have had AJ do most of the work, then tag Kaitlyn in and have Alicia hit her with the scissors kick. Anyway I'm happy AJ is on Smackdown and even happier that Alicia picked up the win. She was slipping into Jillian territory on Raw so this move to Smackdown will hopefully save her. And Tamina is randomly a heel (coincidence, it's like Alicia's downplayed heel turn when she moved from ECW). She looked great this week. Hopefully next week we can get some new direction in storylines. 4/10

As an aside, what would people think about AJ vs Kharma? Whenever Kharma gets the belt, how about building AJ up as the diva who tries to take it off her. As much as I love Kelly, I feel like AJ could really do a lot more with a push like that. Not saying that Kelly shouldn't feud with Kharma, just that AJ should be the one to beat her. I don't know why but I get the feeling that they'll be building AJ up as Smackdown's new top diva.
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptySat 28 May 2011, 4:40 pm

I don't see how you can say AJs going to be built as the top face on SD after her first 2 minute appearance lol. I prefer AJ heel and think Kharma will return as a heel so think it'll be unlikely. If Kharmas out for 9 months the whole divas division could have completely changed by then ( hopefully anyways) so it's almost impossible to predict who she's going to face when she gets back.

Feuds I'd like to see happen - heel Alicia vs face Nattie/ face Nattie vs heel AJ / face Eve vs heel Beth / heel Maryse vs face Nattie/ Gail vs Beth. Sadly don't see many of those happening. Oh and Melina and Layla fighting it out in the unemployment queue with Rosa as ref.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptySat 28 May 2011, 4:46 pm

Chloe thanks for the Birthday gift, Layla vs. Melina with Rosa as ref?? LMAO loved it..loved it!!
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptySat 28 May 2011, 8:45 pm

I'm only saying I'd like AJ to be built as the new top diva on Smackdown. Natalya just doesn't cut it as a top face and she'd be better in this mentor role. anyway the match was super short because Kaitlyn was in it and they've never given her more than three minutes to have a match. i thnk AJ is someone who the fans could get behind. who doesn't love a nerd girl living out her dream (besides the majority of internet fans)? She could make a great underdog in a feud with Kharma
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptySat 28 May 2011, 10:11 pm

LOL Layla is not going to be fired... Suspect

And that match of yours is not happening for at least 6 months..

But going back to the original post I thought this week was pretty bad overall.

I mean the OTL match was nothing special and the Raw tag match was shit and even stupider when Kharma broke down...

Impact was probably the best for me because I enjoyed the ODB/Velvet promo and while the Winter/Mickie match was short and inferior to their WWE work so far I thought it was the best of the week.

That just leaves SD which was really crappy. Kaitlyn sucked and AJ was also awkward. I did like Alicia's Ax Kick ftw but a 2 minute match is just sad.
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts EmptySun 29 May 2011, 4:35 am

Do It Like A Dude wrote:
Chloe thanks for the Birthday gift, Layla vs. Melina with Rosa as ref?? LMAO loved it..loved it!!

Glad it brought a smile . Happy birthday KeV Happy Birthday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ricky's weekly thoughts   ricky's weekly thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

ricky's weekly thoughts
Page 1 of 1