Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More Empty
PostSubject: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 7:46 am

Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More Blog_falltvsurvey_110831

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/fall-tv-survey-most-anticipated-shows-more-221938966.html#090311

We know you can't wait for fall TV to arrive… and we've got the numbers to prove it. We here at Yahoo! TV partnered up with Entertainment Weekly to conduct a poll of 2,000 people to see which new shows you're planning to watch this fall. We also learned what returning shows you're dying to see come back, along with all kinds of interesting tidbits about how you watch TV these days. Here, we run down the highlights from our wide-ranging TV survey.

New Shows: 'X' Marks the Spot
With its familiar format and judging panel, it's almost unfair to list Fox's singing competition "The X Factor" along with the other new shows. But respondents indeed picked "Factor" as the new fall show they're most excited to see, with 18% showing interest. Next on your to-do lists are ABC's sexy "Charlie's Angels" reboot (15%) and NBC's "Prime Suspect" remake (12%). Just so we're clear: An "American Idol" clone, a '70s reboot, and a British remake are the most anticipated new shows? Hmmm… looks like originality is overrated.

Returning Shows: Viewers Salute 'NCIS'
No surprise to anyone who follows TV ratings, but CBS's military drama "NCIS" leads the list of most anticipated returning shows; 32% of respondents will be tuning into the show's September 20 season premiere. Fans are also planning to catch CBS's geeky comedy "The Big Bang Theory" (22%) and ABC's dance competition "Dancing With the Stars" (21%) when they return in September. Two sitcoms -- CBS's "How I Met Your Mother" (18%) and ABC's "Modern Family" (17%) -- round out the top five.

'The X Factor': Simon and Paula, Together Again
The reunion of former "Idol" judges Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul on "The X Factor" has generated plenty of press, but viewer interest seems to be lagging a bit behind the hype. Only 24% of those surveyed described themselves as either "extremely excited" (9%) or "very excited" (15%) to see Simon and Paula on the same panel again. 21% were "somewhat excited," and a majority were either "not excited at all" (31%) or had no opinion (25%). Well, those numbers aren't going to get Simon to stop scowling anytime soon.

'Two and a Half Men': Sorry, Charlie… Ashton's In
At the risk of igniting a Twitter war, we're finding that viewers are mostly happy with the decision to replace Charlie Sheen with Ashton Kutcher on CBS's "Two and a Half Men." Only 26% of those surveyed said it was a bad move, with 42% saying either that it's an even swap (22%) or that they actually prefer Kutcher (20%). Women were even more likely to favor Kutcher, with 23% siding with the "That '70s Show" alum. So don't be surprised if an influx of female Kutcher fans picks up the ratings slack for any Sheen loyalists who bail on "Men" this season.

'The Office': Who's the Boss?
Bad news for Dunder Mifflin: Only 11% of those surveyed said they would "definitely" tune into the new season of NBC's "The Office" now that series star Steve Carell has left. 29% of respondents said they probably wouldn't watch the new season, while 24% said it would depend on who's named the new "Office" boss. And as of now, that's no one: James Spader joins the cast this fall, but his character will be climbing the Sabre corporate ladder, not managing the Scranton branch. Better update that résumé of yours, Dwight.

Viewing Habits: A Nation of Multi-Taskers
These days, very few of us just sit and watch TV anymore; we have all kinds of high-tech gizmos to play with while we're watching. 47% of those surveyed check their email while in front of the tube, while 34% post on Facebook and 28% text or call their friends. A mere 12% of respondents said they "just watch the show." (What, are their laptops charging?)

A trio of bloodthirsty series tops the list of shows during which viewers post to Facebook or tweet the most: HBO's "True Blood" (29%), Showtime's "Dexter" (29%), and The CW's "The Vampire Diaries" (24%). But some shows are worth switching off all our gadgets for: "True Blood" (58%), along with HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" (57%) and AMC's "The Walking Dead" (57%), were the shows most often cited as ones viewers need to focus on, without doing anything else. Isn't it nice to know that there's still some TV out there that demands our full attention?

--------------------------------------------
So which new show are you most anticipating?

Which returning show[s] are you most excited to watch this season?

And while watching tv do you multitask?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

I want to check out X-Factor, though it's pretty much the same thing as American Idol & America's Got Talent.

I also want to see 2 & 1/2 Men. I love that show. Somehow, I don't think it will be as good without Charlie.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

New shows that I want to watch are: Ringer, Terra Nova, X-Factor and probably some others I left off..

New shows I am excited to see come back are: Survivor, Modern Family, The Walking Dead, and a couple more.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

HARRIS NAMES INC. wrote:
I want to check out X-Factor, though it's pretty much the same thing as American Idol & America's Got Talent.

I also want to see 2 & 1/2 Men. I love that show. Somehow, I don't think it will be as good without Charlie.

NCD here's a guide to this season's new shows:

https://divas-knockouts.aforumfree.com/t30354-guide-to-new-fall-tv-shows-what-to-watch

dunno why they reviewed "2 broke girls" so bad lol. From what i heard it was the best recieved Pilot of all. Also i knew you lurved Mike & Molly last time lol.

Ready for another season of Mike & Molly!!! get silly
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

Okay looking forward to new seasons of: Hung, Raising Hope, The Middle, Desperate Housewives, 30 Rock, Body of Proof, Glee, Harry's Law, Happy Endings (STILL Surprised it got renewed), The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead are at the top of my list this season.

New shows: Up All Night, The new Girl, 2 Broke Girls, I Hate my Teenage Daughter, Once upon a time, Grimm, Allen gregory, Suburgatory, American horror Story, Terra Nova, The Playboy Club...and maybe..Ringer.

I'll check out most of the new comedies though.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 12:53 am

New shows: American horror story, Ringer,Charlie's Angels, plus some others. other shows: VD, Walking Dead and some others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More   Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More Empty

Back to top Go down

Fall TV Survey: The Most Anticipated New Shows and More
Page 1 of 1