Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! Empty
PostSubject: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyWed 14 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44499884/ns/today-today_people/t/caught-tape-motorcyclist-rescued-fiery-crash#.TnESDtS6O9u

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

One of the heroes of Monday’s dramatic rescue of college student Brandon Wright from beneath a burning car in Logan, Utah, told TODAY Wednesday that he believed he was only recovering a body for burial.

“The truth is, I thought we were just removing the car from a body,” construction worker Mike Johnson told Savannah Guthrie live from Utah Wednesday. “I just didn’t think the body should burn with the car.

“Then (a) lady got down on her belly and stared under there, right into the flames. She yelled out that ‘he’s alive,’ and after she said that, everyone just converged on the car and lifted. I don’t know who she was, but that lady did a great service.”

The saving of 21-year-old Wright has become a national feel-good story, fueled by dramatically clear video of the rescue captured by an office worker in a nearby building. As the video shows, just seconds after Wright grounded his motorcycle to avoid a collision with a black BMW and slid under the burning vehicle, an ad hoc rescue team assembled to lift the car out from on top of him.

Johnson appeared with fellow construction workers Kade Lundgren and Derrick Harper on TODAY. It was a stroke of luck that Wright’s Monday morning accident occurred just 50 yards from the construction crew working on the bustling Utah State University campus. Seemingly out of nowhere, students, businessman and passersby joined the workers in an on-the-spot rescue team that likely saved Wright’s life.

Logan’s assistant chief of police Jeff Curtis told NBC News the rescuers' efforts, at their own considerable peril, likely saved Wright's life. “They did a great job of getting him the help that he needed,” Curtis said. “I’m impressed they would risk their own safety to lift the car up.”

Lundgren told Guthrie he was bewildered by the scene when he first arrived. “I wasn’t quite knowing what was going on, but I was just trying to figure out where the driver of the motorcycle was … you notice he’s underneath the car, and my heart just dropped. I was sick.”

Johnson initially tried to lift the 2-ton car on his own, but even after five others joined him, they were unable to do it. But a split-second after the mystery woman determined Wright was still alive, others arrived to pitch in. All told, about a dozen people put their muscle into lifting the car on its right side, enabling a construction worker to drag Wright out from under.
Story: He saved six soldiers’ lives — with a child’s toy

All the while, the citizen rescuers were not only dealing with flames blazing out from the car, but also from Wright’s motorcycle, which was nearly engulfed in fire.

Anvar Suyundikov, one of the citizen rescuers identified at the scene, told NBC News Tuesday that the improvised rescue team felt the heat as they lifted the car while flames danced near them. “It was very hot, hot and kind of dangerous,” Suyundikov said. “I thought (the car) was close to (exploding).”

Still, unassuming rescuer Harper told Guthrie Wednesday that it didn’t occur to him that he was putting himself in jeopardy. “It really didn’t pop in my head about that,” he said. “It just seemed somebody needed some help, so I just went ahead and helped out.”

Wright was airlifted to Intermountain Medical Center, and while he is dealing with broken bones, he is expected to make a full recovery. "I'm just very thankful for everyone that helped me out," Wright told The Associated Press by telephone from his hospital bed. "They saved my life."

Lundgren smiled at the news Wright would pull through. “You know, it’s just a miracle,” he told Guthrie. “I’m just glad we were there at the right time in the right place.”

----------------------------------------
smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:02 am

Didn't read the story, but just knowing ppl helped him out... I love it.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:14 am

that was a really good thing they did. Im glad that lady checked.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:52 am

Yeah, great to see a story like this, here.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 3:26 am

Yeah I liked the story as well.

I'm glad people clicked and commented on it since some may think I only post negative articles but no I post everything just like the news talks about everything.

It's usually the + stuff that doesn't get clicked on and the - stuff does..

I think all that helped are heroes.

Very great that he will make a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 6:53 am

Finally a story worth reading and not something fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!   Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Samaritans Save Man Under Burning Car!
Page 1 of 1