Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Wrestler From Mexico

Go down 
5 posters

Favorite Luchador
Konnan
Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_lcap 0% Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_rcap
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vampiro
Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_lcap 0% Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_rcap
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dr. Wagner, Jr
Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_lcap 17% Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_rcap
 17%  [ 1 ]
Mistico
 0%  [ 0 ]
El Mesias
 0%  [ 0 ]
El Hijo del Santo
Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_lcap 17% Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Vote_rcap
 17%  [ 1 ]
La Parka
 0%  [ 0 ]
L.A. Park (WCW Version of La Parka)
 17%  [ 1 ]
Psicosis
 17%  [ 1 ]
Cibernetico
 17%  [ 1 ]
Other
 17%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

We all enjoy Lucha Libre, well some of us do. There are wrestlers south of the border that can wow an audience with their high flying ability, their somewhat entertaining entrances, and are easily able to connect with the crowd. In the poll, the wrestlers have to have had spent most of their career wrestling in AAA, CMLL, or any other promotion in Mexico. Guys like Rey Mysterio will be exempt from the poll, because of their careers being spent primarily in the United States
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

Well I voted other [Rey] but if he doesn't count then I guess I only really know Mistico and I am not even a fan of his..

Does ADR count?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm

K-Dawg
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 1:33 am

It was between Psicosis and El Hijo del Santo for me, but I picked the latter.

El Hijo del Santo is the son of El Santo, the most iconic Luchador ever, a full scale folk hero in Mexico and even parts of the States like Texas. El Santo had his own comic book that was published for 35 years, and was even a fim star in Mexico, where he did a series of hugely popular movies, sometimes with Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras, as a pro wrester who moonlights as a superhero fighting vampires, zombies, mad scientists, criminals, secret agents, etc. These movies have a couple of modern devotees we all know around here, which we'll get to in a bit.

El Hijo del Santo's best known feud was with Los Gringos Locos, who were Lucha Libre's version of the Four Horsemen, made up of Eddie Guererro, Art Barr, Konnan, Louie Spicolli, and Black Cat. Here's the match that gave Americans outside of Texas and California (where it was always popular) their first taste of Lucha Libre...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KJ3jqqVRBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOteZXephk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMH_4B59I4

Trish Stratus and Lita are trying to get a movie developed that would be a homage to the El Santo movies, with El Hiro co-starring with them. It seems those two watched a lot of those movies while on the road during their WWE years. Ever wonder what WWE Divas got up to at the hotel after the show? Now you know. At least in their cases. smile

They've proposed it to Vince for WWE Films to produce, but there's been no news since. Don't know how good it would be, but it's bound to be more fun than the Triple H movies they've been putting out.

I mean, WWE Divas vs vampires, zombies, and mad scientists? I'd watch.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 1:43 am

Keep it on topic, this isnt about Trish Stratus nor is it about WWE divas. Just luchadores from Mexico.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 2:10 am

Dead wrote:
Keep it on topic, this isnt about Trish Stratus nor is it about WWE divas. Just luchadores from Mexico.

The possibility of a luchador from Mexico, one in the poll in fact, doing a movie as a WWE project isn't on topic?

El Santo, and the luchador movie genre, isn't something you can just ignore when understanding the history of the style. Combine the importance of Lou Thesz, Huk Hogan, and Ric Flair to American wrestling's history and popularity, and it equals El Santo's in Mexico.

If it had been CM Punk developing the movie project paying homage to El Santo and co-starring El Hiro, would you have objected to it being mentioned? Be honest.

Oh, and why didn't you mention Lita in your objections? Why was it OK to bring her up?

Why so selective?
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 2:15 am

Why does Trish have to be brought up in every discussion? Why are the divas constantly brought up in non diva discussion? I wouldnt have any issue with it if just WWE was mentioned, just keep it to lucha libre, thats all im asking
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 2:25 am

Dr Wagner is amazing and can still put on great matches.

All time it would be Mil Mascaras as he is the Legend of Professional wrestling down there.

He made hit movies off his career down there.

That said any luchador is a folk hero down in Mexico mainly all are taken very serious and proud people.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 2:58 am

Dead wrote:
Why does Trish have to be brought up in every discussion? Why are the divas constantly brought up in non diva discussion? I wouldnt have any issue with it if just WWE was mentioned, just keep it to lucha libre, thats all im asking

So, you don't object to a proposed project for WWE Films that would co-star El Santo's son and be a homage to the classic El Santo movies being mentioned, but you object STRONGLY to the name of one of the people trying to get it developed and co-writing it?

And, it's specifically only one of the TWO people you're objecting to, twice now. Here's the original sentence...

Quote :
Trish Stratus and LITA are trying to get a movie developed that would be a homage to the El Santo movies, with El Hiro co-starring with them.

Since you didn't answer the first time I asked, I'll ask again... Why don't you equally object to LITA'S name? Why so selective?

Anyway, for those unfamiliar with the movie genre, here's a trailer...

Spoiler:

...and a fan made trailer...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestler From Mexico   Favorite Wrestler From Mexico Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Wrestler From Mexico
Page 1 of 1