Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole Empty
PostSubject: 'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole   'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole Terra-Nova_320

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/27/two-and-a-half-men-week-two-ratings/

What goes up, must go down — and we’re talking about you, Ashton Kutcher: Two and A Half Men dropped 33 percent from its colossal premiere a week ago, but its week 2 performance was still pretty awesome for such an old comedy. Men averaged a 7.2 rating/17 share in adults 18-49 and 20 million viewers — enough to give it another comfortable win in the time slot, according to early results. It was also the night’s most viewed program across all the major demos, except in adults 50 and over, who still prefer their Dancing With the Stars. More on the sequins later.

Two of CBS’ comedies also took a (not entirely unexpected) dive but heck, it’s still the lineup to beat. CBS won the night in the demo (4.6/11) even though How I Met Your Mother was down 6 percent with a 4.4/12, 2 Broke Girls down 37 percent with a 4.5/11. Only the return of Mike & Molly was up 26 percent from last year to a 4.9/11. Each 18-49 equals 1.3 million viewers, if you’re doing the math at home.

Onto those dinosaurs on Fox. In case you missed all that talk about this fall’s most expensive show, Terra Nova debuted on Monday, averaging a so-so 3.0/7 and 8.9 million viewers. Fox says the drama improved upon its Monday average versus last season by 25 percent in the demo but dang, Executive Producer Steven Spielberg had to have wanted something higher for the time-traveling extravaganza. Given the huge investment, Terra Nova is definitely one of those shows that needs time to find an audience.

“Stars” like Nancy Grace and Rob Kardashian continued to turn off viewers to Dancing: The two-hour performance show only posted a 3.3/8; that’s down 18 percent from last week and its lowest rated performance show ever. Ouchie. Castle, as a result, paid dearly: It earned a 2.9/7, down 9 percent.

And more bad news for The Playboy Club. The show earned a mere 1.3/3 — down 19 percent. Ladies and gentlemen, do we have our first casualty of the new season? The peacock has nothing to croon about over The Sing-Off, either: It earned a 1.7/4, a series low.

As for the CW, looks like it was a fairly unremarkable roll out of Gossip Girl and the premiere of Hart of Dixie. Both earned a 0.8/2 in 18-49, but GG was the bigger favorite of the two among adults 18-34 (1.1/3 versus 0.8/2). Interestingly, Dixie attracted more eyeballs (1.7 million) compared to GG (1.4 million).

The bottom line: ABC was second in the demo for the night with a 3.1/8, followed by Fox (3.0/7), NBC (1.5/4) and CW (.8/2). ABC won the night in viewers (14.6 million), followed by CBS (13 million), Fox (8.9 million), ABC (4.2 million), and CW (1.5 million).

-------------------------------------
Are you surprised by any of these ratings?

What did you watch last night if anything?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole   'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

With 2 broke Girls ACTUALLY building viewers off of How I Met Your Mother.

How I met your mother OFFICIALLY becomes the weakest Link of CBS's comedy Block.

Sadly..it's also the opening show for the comedy Block.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole   'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 10:23 pm

I actually like the new season so far of 2 & 1/2 Men.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole   'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

I knew 2 and 1/2 men would take a big fall but that was to be expected as are most declines from premiers/debuts.

If it can hold onto 20 million viewers though that is a big success.

I missed Terra Nova so that sucked but I am about to go watch the first episode ondemand so I'll be back with my response later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole   'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole Empty

Back to top Go down

'Two and a Half Men' takes a dive but still rules; 'The Playboy Club' falls down rabbit hole
Page 1 of 1