Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street! Empty
PostSubject: NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!   NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street! EmptySun 16 Oct 2011, 5:08 am

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhM71ZBCLtS754Nx7Y

Mad
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!   NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street! EmptySun 16 Oct 2011, 10:34 am

I cannot believe that happened. So, I was curious about this and googled it. Here is what I found.

Quote :
NYPD Officer Knocks Out Occupy Wall Street Protester Over a Look
By Laura Matthews | October 15, 2011 9:53 AM EDT

A video allegedly showing a New York Police Department officer striking a male Occupy Wall Street protester in the face and knocking him out is making the rounds on YouTube.

The video was uploaded Friday.

In the video, it appears an NYPD officer in a white shirt struck a man in a green shirt. The man immediately fell to the ground and was assisted by others nearby. After knocking the man down, the officer looked as though he was moving in to make an arrest, but the man on the ground was pulled away by another man nearby. The alleged altercation caused other protesters to react with dismay, and they started shouting. Some of the protesters attempted to force their way to the scene, but other police officers held them off to prevent the incident from escalating.

When the officer realized the crowd was drawing close, he and other officers tried to keep them away from the scene. He also reached for what appears to be his handcuffs in the process.

According to Gothamist, the man who was punched is Felix Rivera-Pitre, an HIV-positive protester. Rivera-Pitre told Gothamist he was walking slightly in front of the police on William Street, and he admitted he "shot the cop a look."

"The cop just lunged at me full throttle and hit me on the left side of my face," Rivera-Pitre told Gothamist. "It tore my earring out. I remember seeing my earring on the ground next to me, and it was full of blood. I was completely dumbstruck. I'm HIV-positive and that cop should get tested."

Rivera-Pitre managed to escape arrest.

"The cops were pulling me by my feet and the crowd was pulling me by my hands, and I was suspended in the air," he added. "But there were more people than cops, and they pulled me out."

This is not the first time there has been an incident with an NYPD officer reportedly hitting a protester.

On Oct. 6, the Huffington Post reported that an NYPD officer appeared to turn on some of the Occupy Wall Street activists, hitting them with a baton. A video of the incident was posted hours later on YouTube, showing the officer wielding the baton with two hands as he swung at and struck the demonstrators. At one point, a woman can be heard shrieking in the background, according to the Huffington Post.

The Huffington Post also reported that the white-shirted cop, who is most likely a supervisor, stood next to at least a half-dozen other officers, including other department heads. The video shows the officer appearing to nudge a spectator out of the way, back up, and raise his baton.

Protesters have been camping in Zuccotti Park for almost a month, preventing the area from getting its regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance. Representatives of the park's owner, Brookfield Office Properties, earlier this week said it was going to ask the city to evict the protesters so that the park could be cleaned. Brookfield representatives claimed the condition of the park might be a public-health issue because the park hasn't been cleaned while the demonstrators have occupied it.

Before dawn on Friday, however, the owners of Zuccotti Park postponed evicting the Occupy Wall Street protesters from the park and averted what could have resulted in a clash between authorities and the hundreds of protesters who have taken over the area.

Deputy Mayor for Operations Caswell F. Holloway made a statement before the scheduled clean-up, announcing that Brookfield was "postponing [its] scheduled cleaning of the park, and for the time being withdrawing [its] request from earlier in the week for police assistance during [its] cleaning operation."

Holloway also noted Brookfield was willing to make a deal with the protesters, as the company has the final decision on whether the protesters will be allowed to stay.

"Brookfield believes [it] can work out an arrangement with the protesters that will ensure the park remains clean, safe, [and] available for public use, and that the situation is respectful of residents and businesses downtown, and we will continue to monitor the situation," Holloway said.

Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly has said the protesters could return to Zuccotti Park, but that they would have to leave their sleeping tents and other supplies behind because they will not be allowed to take them to the park after the cleaning.

"People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park," Kelly told the New York Post. "After it's cleaned, they'll be able to come back. But they won't be able to bring back the gear, the sleeping bags -- that sort of thing will not be able to be brought back into the park."

Here is another video of this incident

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!   NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street! EmptySun 16 Oct 2011, 6:48 pm

So they attacked the guy [I thought it was a lady?] for looking at them?

And the officer might have gotten AIDS?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!   NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street! Empty

Back to top Go down

NYPD Knocks Out A Young Lady Protesting on Wall Street!
Page 1 of 1