Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion

Go down 
+5
X
Angelus
King Silva
Paul Wyatt
Dead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion Empty
PostSubject: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

Quote :

There is some concern in the TNA locker room regarding James Storm as TNA World Champion according to PWTorch. While it seems, many are happy for Storm, there is an overall concern of Storm being "the guy" for the company and as one wrestler said, there is more faith in Bobby Roode as champion of "The Tennesse Cowboy."

It seems there are worries over Storm being "too Southern" to represent TNA.

lol TNA, you never seem to amaze me with the backstage bullshit. god forbid someone that started in TNA, win the world title.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:14 pm

Too southern? It makes no sense. Isn't the founder from the south? Hasn't some of TNA's biggest events of the past been somewhere down south? This doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

So stupid.

Why do they push people and then later regret it?

They really need to make up their minds..
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 1:40 am

WALKING DEAD PATRIOT wrote:
Too southern? It makes no sense. Isn't the founder from the south? Hasn't some of TNA's biggest events of the past been somewhere down south? This doesn't make sense.

dont forget, Jeff Jarrett is major southerner, and was NWA champion in TNA at least 5 times
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 1:43 am

My point exactly.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 2:01 am

TNA is mainly failing at even wanting to be WCW

The title will end back with Angle or Sting or Hogan or Flair soon. They need star power and fail at promoting their own talent to the world. I mean their best attempt right now I would consider future big failure for them is Crimson who mainly seems like a Goldberg gimmick knock off with this he is almost unstoppable. They don't promote any of their own talent in the media which I agree with Hogan on Aj Styles especially. He don't know how to get people to tune into a show. Hogan went on multiple radio shows,ESPN,and a lot of stuff sponser and push this last ppv. Sadly with most of their talent who ain't been in wwe people never heard of. I mean even the talk show hosts never heard of tna and thought he was doing this for Vince. No matter how much they push their tna orginals it will never compete with wwe until they learn to market and brand a wrestler who is talented and got all the traits that the media wants to see and not the wrestling fan who will watch the show regardless of who is wrestling. I would like to see James Stom push but I expect tna to give up on him instead of putting money to market the guy and push him as the best wrestlers in the world.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 2:03 am

dont compare Crimson to Goldberg, Goldberg buried 95% of the roster and it took some kind of screwjob just to beat him. not to mention, Goldberg no sold a LOT of shit
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 2:09 am

Dead wrote:
dont compare Crimson to Goldberg, Goldberg buried 95% of the roster and it took some kind of screwjob just to beat him. not to mention, Goldberg no sold a LOT of shit

we both know that's where this push will be going with him. I expect the goldberg type push for him soon. They might give up on him cause they don't want to invest into one they make cause the impact of if they fail would set them back but sadly TNA needs a Hogan or a Cena they make that people would know in the media. if you put any tna orginal on a radio show or tv show unless you a tna fan I doubt most people would know who they are.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:02 am

Angelus wrote:
TNA is mainly failing at even wanting to be WCW

The title will end back with Angle or Sting or Hogan or Flair soon. They need star power and fail at promoting their own talent to the world. I mean their best attempt right now I would consider future big failure for them is Crimson who mainly seems like a Goldberg gimmick knock off with this he is almost unstoppable. They don't promote any of their own talent in the media which I agree with Hogan on Aj Styles especially. He don't know how to get people to tune into a show. Hogan went on multiple radio shows,ESPN,and a lot of stuff sponser and push this last ppv. Sadly with most of their talent who ain't been in wwe people never heard of. I mean even the talk show hosts never heard of tna and thought he was doing this for Vince. No matter how much they push their tna orginals it will never compete with wwe until they learn to market and brand a wrestler who is talented and got all the traits that the media wants to see and not the wrestling fan who will watch the show regardless of who is wrestling. I would like to see James Stom push but I expect tna to give up on him instead of putting money to market the guy and push him as the best wrestlers in the world.

Sounds like WCW to me... smile
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

has crimson even lost a matych?
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

There is no such thing as "too southern" in professional wrestling. Pro wrestling, like NASCAR, has a deep, deep tradition in the south, and anyone trying to deny such a fact is delusional.

Personally, I like James Storm more than Bobby Roode. In fact, he's one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

Rated X Aussie wrote:
has crimson even lost a matych?

Nope.

WarGreymon77 wrote:
There is no such thing as "too southern" in professional wrestling. Pro wrestling, like NASCAR, has a deep, deep tradition in the south, and anyone trying to deny such a fact is delusional.

Personally, I like James Storm more than Bobby Roode. In fact, he's one of my favorites.

I like them equally. I prefer them both as heels though.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

James just posted this on his twitter:

"I think it's awesome that I'm to "southern". It makes me....ME. So to the people who don't like it... Sorry about you damn luck. And a little FYI it's not to southern, it's to redneck and the are beer drinking rednecks all over THE WORLD not just the south."
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

its prolly Hogans idea, they need moar Hardy and Anderson hogging the spotlight
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

Great... replace a professional southerner with another who's a crackhead and sells drugs.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:34 pm

This is the problem i have with TNA, they always talk about how they push their talent (in promos, no less) and when the time actually comes, that said talent is pushed to the side for some useless ex-WWE talent. i remember they were gonna do something BIG for Samoa Joe during the BFG series, and for the past 6 months, hes done nothing but fucking job to pretty much the entire roster. then, they pushed Roode to the moon in that very same series, even when he was supposedly injured and had him win, only to push him against his Fortune members and beat them cleanly at that. they pushed him as a guy who never won a major world title in his 13 year career and the day of Bound for Glory, fucking Hulk Hogan, the biggest piece of utter dog shit who never put anyone else over EVER in his career, decides to get management to have Angle win because "Roode isnt worthy to carry the belt." i dont buy the whole "hes not ready" bullshit, Hogan just didnt want Roode with the title. then they put the belt on Storm and already, they dont trust him with it. how the fuck can people say TNA is ANY better than other companies out there, when the talent thats been there since 2002-04 arent getting pushed, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Personally, I would much rather have seen Bobby Roode take a run with the belt. I think he is the better wrestler and a better character. He has a VERY southern gimmick, but I have always thought that TNA was the more southern brand. There isn't anything wrong with being southern......I think the line gets crossed when you get into being too redneck or too hillbilly. Being from Arkansas, I can say that because I know some of those people.

It really is a disappointment that TNA is so focused on the wrestlers that are brought in as stars from WWE. Not saying that they all are a problem, because I think Angle and Jarrett have been with TNA to be kind of grandfathered in. I can't imagine that TNA does not have market research people that read forums and message boards to see that the viewers want less WWE and more TNA.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

Truth is, James Storm isn't ready. Maybe when he hits his mid thirties to fourties he'd fit the build to become TNA champ.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

Who is ready?
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 10:54 pm

Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Bubba, those kind of people...
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:56 am

Dudes that are close to retirement? Guys that still think it's the mid 90s? Guys who no one wants to see on their tv sets day in day out with titles?
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 6:09 am

yes
Back to top Go down
.Roray.Anderson.GX.
The Un-Average ROHbot
The Un-Average ROHbot
.Roray.Anderson.GX.

Male
Number of posts : 335
Job/hobbies : Collectiong PWG/ROH DVD's
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, The Miz, Zack Ryder, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Maryse, Natalya, Awesome Kong(Kharma or whatever).
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kazarian, Daniels, Brian Kendrick...but I really dont watch TNA that much
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Tara, Mickie James
Registration date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

lol love that three letter response ^^^^^

kus thats all TNA is...

a bunch of Old, Washed up, Ex WWE talent. I agree that theyre are failing even more to even be WCW, this company is def. gonna be gone by the end of 2013 if they keep this up. I love James Storm to death but hes not ready in my opinion, he may be homegrown, but just because Sheamus was homegrown does that mean he should have been WWE Champion and espiecially so fast, I knw James helped build the company but they havent built him up as the singles guy like that have with ROBERT Roode.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

what a ridiculous reason for thinking he is not capable of being world champion
why should anyones origin be an issue

although i agree right now he shouldnt be champ, considering how he has not been built up at all...but i certainly wouldnt be ruling out him being champ at some point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion   Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Concern Over James Storm As TNA Champion
Page 1 of 1