Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."

Go down 
+2
#WeWantTaryn
Dead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." Empty
PostSubject: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

Former WWE Champion Batista recently did an interview with The Daily Star, and spoke on a number of topics including WWE's current product, and what he thinks of some of the company's top stars. Below are some highlights, and you can read more if you click on the above link.

Batista on WWE's Current Product: “It’s brutal. I can’t watch it. I can’t connect with it. I no longer know this business. I don’t do PG wrestling."

Batista on WWE's Top Stars: “Love me or hate me, when I was there everyone took one look at me and knew I could beat someone up. I don’t think they look at Miz that way.

It’s sad. It’s not their fault. These days the guys have their hands tied, they are so limited in what they can do.

The difference is that guys like Rock, Austin, Triple H, excuse me, but they had to have the living sh*t beat out of them to get where they are. They went through war and the audience knows it and the audience appreciates it.

The guys today will never get to that level. It’s sad, but that’s the reason for it.”
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011, 5:30 pm

STFU you no talent muscle freak.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 2:23 am

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
STFU you no talent muscle freak.

Pretty much.

Batista is so annoying.

I don't have a problem with wrestlers the size of The Miz or smaller; hell I like them a lot more than guys like Batista who take steroids and can't even wrestle... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 5:16 am

He makes a strong case. Eliminating some of the brutal bumps isn't a bad thing, but nearly all of the edginess from 96-2007, is gone. Going PG wasn't necessary to get around the Benoit mess.

But hey, it is what it is. Some things can be better, but 2011 was a step up for WWE as there were some pretty good moments and matches. Plus, younger guys who made a mark.

What I like about his comments is that it's the fan in him speaking.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 9:03 am

Batista can talk about pg, his character turned into one of the most pg there was.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm

Dead wrote:
The difference is that guys like Rock, Austin, Triple H, excuse me, but they had to have the living sh*t beat out of them to get where they are. They went through war and the audience knows it and the audience appreciates it.

The guys today will never get to that level. It’s sad, but that’s the reason for it.”

It's true. While the guys he mentioned had to pay their dues, all you need now is to look like a bodybuilder and you'll get a WWE championship. I'm sure you all know Sheamus got it too soon. I will admit though, I like what they're doing with Ziggler. They gave him the U.S. title and they used him to make it look good instead of the other way around.

From around 2003-2010, WWE was unwatchable to me. I had the same reaction Batista had here. However, ever since The Rock came back this year, and C.M. Punk cut "that one promo", the product has been slowly getting more watchable. It's getting better, and this is coming from a guy who didn't cut WWE any slack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."   Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It." Empty

Back to top Go down

Batista on Current WWE Product: "It's Brutal. I Can't Watch It."
Page 1 of 1