Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships

Go down 
+4
The LL Father
Paul Wyatt
bobby_says_hi
Shimmer Mark
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships Empty
PostSubject: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

According to Diva Dirt

WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships Wwf-womens-tag-titles

In the latest article in its “Bring It Back!” series, WWE.com wants to see the return of the Women's Tag Team Championship.

The belts were introduced in 1983 but dropped just six years later.
During the belts’ run, they were perhaps most notably held by the
Glamour Girls and the Jumping Bomb Angels.

WWE.com argues that with so many Diva tandems such as Eve & Kelly Kelly, the Bella Twins and Beth Phoenix & Natalya, it would make sense for the belts to make a comeback.

The article says:

In more than any other type of match WWE has to offer, the Divas have showcased their tremendous abilities in tag team action – an arena in which they have excelled time and time again.
It stands to reason that since they are taking such an active role in
this particular level of competition, there should be championship gold in place for which to compete.

It continues:

Without question, Beth Phoenix & Natalya have
exhibited a spirit of dominance similar to that of Demolition, The Bella
Twins the tag team savvy of the Hart Foundation and Kelly Kelly &
Eve the explosive charisma of current WWE Tag Team Champions “Air Boom.”

By throwing such a grand prize like the Women’s Tag Team Titles back
into play, WWE would add a crucial dimension to today’s Divas picture,
raising the stakes on their matches overall while adding to their
stunning nature that has captivated the WWE Universe over the years.

So, what do you think of this? Personally, I love the idea, but I think it'll be a trainwreck! WWE can't even make the singles title mean something, I doubt they'll be able to make Tag belts meaningful. Although, I would love to see AJ & Kaitlyn fued with The Bella Twins or Maxine and someone for the belts.

Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:37 pm

WWE actually have a better women's tag division than TNA. they have about four teams - Eve/Kelly, the Bellas, DoD and the Chick Busters (if they're still together that is). they would need to add more girls to the roster though and finally call up Naomi. putting Aksana and Maxine in the women's division would help as well. Ivelisse can be called up as well
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

Is this a joke?

They hardly have a singles division, but they're considering a tag division?

Funniest thing I've read all week.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 12:23 am

this thing could have been perfectally implemented around LayCool days, they could have randomly starting walking out with belts claiming to be tag team champions...and then have it go from there...but now i dunno
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 12:25 am

#HEEL wrote:
Is this a joke?

They hardly have a singles division, but they're considering a tag division?

Funniest thing I've read all week.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They're still having one-minute-long divas matches. Vince himself has called the division a waste of time, so... unless he dies or somebody makes him change his mind, I expect things to stay the same for a while.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

Erm, they need to work on the current division now before they think about bringing in tag belts
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 3:31 am

These articles about bringing back things are not necessarily meant to be taken for reals..

They did one for the Hardcore belt and I would expect one for the CW title soon enough.

I think this would be bad considering they don't care at all for the regular title so why would they all of a sudden care for this..?

If they had these belts in the 'Golden Period' I think they could have had a few years of prestige however even then I would have seen them get retired in 2007-2008..
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

The first Royal Rumble featured the classic Jumping Bomb Angels vs Glamour Girls showdown.

The Golden Era would have been a great time to revive the tag belts, considering how many teams we had...

Trish & Lita, of course.
Vince's Devils, perhaps using the Freebird Rule
Trish & Molly
Molly & Gail
Molly & Victoria
Trish & Mickie
Mickie & Victoria
Victoria & Melina, just to name a few...

If the tag titles had been around in the modern era, not only have their been a lot of teams, but the belts could have been used to develop storylines. Say, that match that finished LayCool as a team with Beth & Kelly had been for the tag belts. That would have added to the tension for Michelle vs Layla.

Following that, Kelly briefly has two belts. Then, a match with the Bellas. Beth dominates, Kelly gets tagged in, and promptly gets pinned, costing them the titles. So, there would be set up for that Number One Contender battle royal which ended with Beth eliminating both Bellas at once, then turning on Kelly, saying she had carried the team.

Given how many feuds devloped out of tag team breakups (Trish/Lita, Molly/Victoria, Trish/Mickie, Torrie/Candice), that's a lot of storylines that could have been enhanced with Gold on the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships   WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE.com wants to bring back the Women's Tag Team Championships
Page 1 of 1