Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details Empty
PostSubject: John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details   John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 11:41 am

John Cena recently commented that he is getting flak in his hometown of Boston for switching his baseball allegiance from the Red Sox to the Tampa Bay Rays, who play where Cena is currently living in Florida. Cena spoke to Jimmy Traina of SI.com and says that the Red Sox have become the team they used to hate.

"Everybody, especially in the Boston area, literally wants me tried as a witch and burned at the stake," Cena said. "And I admire that about true Boston fans. Boston is a fantastic sports city."

Cena said of the Red Sox, "Fenway Park was a very different atmosphere when I used to go," he said. "And I've seen that place become a destination. I've seen it become a place where you go and buy a pink ball cap and a pink T-shirt and you don't know anybody on the team and you just enjoy the game...The Red Sox also by design have become the team that the Red Sox used to hate. They've become the Yankees," he told Traina. "They spend mega, mega money on talent and usually nine out of 10 times they're in a bidding war with the Yankees for talent."

Cena noted that he still follows the Sox, though. "I'm a sports fan. I still watch the Sox," he said. "I get NESN at the house. I still hear RemDawg [Jerry Remy] call the games. … I guess, like I said earlier about my character, I've always been me. When someone changes that drastically, it's like, ‘Ah the franchise turned their back on me as a fan. We used to be a bunch of rugged bums. Now we're a bunch of high end guys.' I don't know, it's tough."
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details   John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

Oh, God!
Back to top Go down

John Cena Criticized In His Own Hometown - Details
Page 1 of 1