Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some History

Go down 
+4
KTV-Time
Queen Mintz
bobby_says_hi
X
8 posters
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

In 17 days, Beth Phoenix will become the longest reigning divas champion of all time, defeating Maryse's reign if she keeps the title.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:59 pm

she's already also clocked the record for most successful title defences. Maryse originally had it with four but two of those were by DQ
*def. Kelly Kelly on Smackdown (not billed as a title match but retconned into one afterwards)
*def. Eve at Vengeance
*def. Eve at Survivor Series
*def. Kelly Kelly at TLC
*def. Eve on Raw
*def. Tamina at Elimination Chamber
so that's 5-6 and her match against Nikki Bella will mark seven defences
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:03 pm

Overall its been a good reign and the championship needed a reign like this and someone like Beth Phoenix at the top of history books to give it some more credibility. Nobody will know who Maryse or Michelle are in 10 years, so people like Beth should be at the top
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 5:00 pm

yeah i feel this has been her best reign yet, mostly because of how much she's grown as a character since 2008
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

Her reign would be better if they'd use her more instead of keeping her off tv. It'd also be nice if when they did use her, they didn't job her out to divas like Kelly
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:19 pm

Lol her reign was crap honestly, there wasn't one fued in their. they were either 2 weeks long or an improv last minute booked one or booked on WWE.com.

She hasn't had a feud since she won the belt off Kelly.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

since she turned heel she has actually won more matches than she's lost if you'll believe that. i added them all up and even most of her losses have been in tag matches and she hasn't been the one taking the pin most of the time
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Registration date : 2009-11-04

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

They dropped the ball with her, honestly. When her and Natalya became Divas of Doom, I thought they'd be dominant beating the divas, but WWE just made them look like crap jobbing to them and now they've not done much with Beth at all. Layla should be returning soon so that'll be Beth's only actual feud and that's probably when she's going to lose the belt as well
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Rated X Superstar wrote:
Overall its been a good reign and the championship needed a reign like this and someone like Beth Phoenix at the top of history books to give it some more credibility. Nobody will know who Maryse or Michelle are in 10 years, so people like Beth should be at the top

I disagree about McCool and some other stuff posted in this thread.

First off Beth's reign has NOT been great.. Sure it was long but she has barely been on TV [really she was gone for 1 month around Dec-Jan! Rolling Eyes ], had only a few feuds, and even as champ has been overshadowed by many other divas [Kelly, Eve, AJ and even Maria Menudos..].

So yeah imo her reign was not that great [certainly not her best]. I feel she should have defended her belt against more people on tv/ppv. Alicia and Natalya for sure at least..

That is not to say it can't have a good last few months. Have her get some good wins against Brie, AJ, Layla, Natalya before dropping it to someone [hopefully Natalya or Kharma].

But this is WWE so I could see her lose it back to Kelly... Suspect
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:43 pm

regardless, her routine is, PPV Match....not on the raw after, the week after on Superstars, the week after on Raw, the week after PPV match announced, then she does the PPV and the week after...not on Raw again...and it's the same routine since winning the title.

Her reign has been boring, there hasnt been one single feud lasting more than 3 weeks and one match....making me actually wish they went back to her and kelly....i mean at least they were featured regularly and there was an actual feud.

Nah Silva you are a bit off, she HAS defended the title against many people...there just was no continuity. Instead of continuing the feud, they just dropped it and moved on. I wouldn't have mind if she had another PPV go at Tamina, another PPV match against Eve, another against Kelly....just follow up, none were feud all were fillers....this match with Nikkie is another filler. She's been having filler PPV matches since she won the title...their hasn't been no feud.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

I don't consider 3 women to be that many different people..

Eve, Kelly, and Tamina so far were the only 3 to get at least one title shot.

Considering the roster they could have done more imo.

I mean Alicia beat her in less than 2 minutes and they didn't even let Beth beat her in a title match.

Like I said she should have already beat Alicia and Natalya [a feud that should be continuing now].
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

I dunno, in past 6 months you'd toss her in feuds with 5 different people? it won't be no different than the filler feud problem we have now.

Then it would be a feud a month.

If they continued the kelly regaining title feud for two months, then move onto a 3 month program with Eve then another 2 month program with Tamina, i would have been more satisfied. Because there was a story, there was a hungry challenger that did not prevail.

To have her have a different feud every month.....is well the problem i have now with her reign.

Sure maybe random title matches against Alicia or Natalya would have been fun.

But removing a week for the holidays, having her feud with Kelly, Tamina, Eve, Alicia, Natalya now Nikkie....uhhh would have been 3 weeks per feud in the last 6 months....which seems a bit.....illogical. There isn't even a PPV per 3 weeks.

3 Solid lengthy feuds with 3 opponents would have been nice..with random title matches with OTHER opponents on Raw or Smackdown...may have been the better plan.

Right about now, her and Tamina should be heading into their second PPV encounter together....then ending the feud and both moving on to other stuff.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:49 pm

I personally think Kelly had a better title run then Beth and hers was only 4 months compared to Beth's 6 months.And I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of her.

It's start off with her beating the bella twins to win the title after she wins a fan choice poll to compete for the title.She shockingly wins!!.Then has a small feud with the Bella's and it turns to be a "Skinny Kelly" storyline that doesn't last long.Plus Eve ends up helping Kelly out.

Then Beth wins a battle royal turns heel along with natalya and Beth beats up Kelly afterwards claming "Her days as divas champ are officially over".So Beth and Kelly feud till summerslam.With Kelly winning with role up.

A Big story on WWE.Com hits about the divas divison that upsets Kelly,Eve,and Bella Twins.Then the Pin up Strong gimmick comes in For D.O.D.

Kelly has a couple of squash matches with Tamina,Rosa,Bella's,Melina and Vickie.

After feuding with beth during the whole summer including beating her in her hometown she loses the title at HIAC ppv thanks to Nattie.The next day on raw Kelly goes ape shit mad and beats the shit out of Beth.

Overall it was a good title run to me

Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 12:18 am

I have been fairly disappointed in Beth's run with the belt primarily because she has not really been used. As the champion, she is supposed to be the center of the division.

Like Mintz said, WWE really dropped the ball with the Divas of Doom angle. Putting the two best women in the division together to feud with every other woman on the roster was perfect. They could have solid matches together against the faces and the heels.

The last hope I have for Beth's run is to feud her with Natalya. I think they could put on some really really good matches. Even if it is just to kill time until Kharma comes back, Beth really needs something to do.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Emily Thorne's Apprentice wrote:
I dunno, in past 6 months you'd toss her in feuds with 5 different people? it won't be no different than the filler feud problem we have now.

Then it would be a feud a month.

If they continued the kelly regaining title feud for two months, then move onto a 3 month program with Eve then another 2 month program with Tamina, i would have been more satisfied. Because there was a story, there was a hungry challenger that did not prevail.

To have her have a different feud every month.....is well the problem i have now with her reign.

Sure maybe random title matches against Alicia or Natalya would have been fun.

But removing a week for the holidays, having her feud with Kelly, Tamina, Eve, Alicia, Natalya now Nikkie....uhhh would have been 3 weeks per feud in the last 6 months....which seems a bit.....illogical. There isn't even a PPV per 3 weeks.

3 Solid lengthy feuds with 3 opponents would have been nice..with random title matches with OTHER opponents on Raw or Smackdown...may have been the better plan.

Right about now, her and Tamina should be heading into their second PPV encounter together....then ending the feud and both moving on to other stuff.

No I would have booked it like something this:

Beth wins the belt at HIAC [early Oct].

I would have had her beat Kelly Kelly at Vengeance in Kelly's automatic rematch [in reality that went to Eve and Kelly got a her debatable rematch on SD].

Leading up to Survivor Series I would have been fine with Eve/Beth facing off one on one but the feud should have continued to another PPV [like it did in reality] so it would have been Eve/Beth at TLC as well. Another idea could have just been to have a triple threat at TLC with Beth defending against both Eve and Kelly. Once they both lost that rematch imo they should have gone to the back of the title hunt line.

It seemed WWE was pushing Alicia around December anyways. I mean she did beat Beth CLEANLY on Raw in < 2 minutes and then Beth was MIA from Dec 19th - Jan 26th!!! I think having her go away for over 1 month because she had a legit nasty bruise was bullshit.. So what if she had a bruise they should have used that to their advantage. And plus it wasn't like she wasn't doing house shows so I just think they made a VERY bad decision hiding her from the public..

I would have had Alicia get the next title shot[s]. The first 2012 episode of Raw/SD usually are good times to have title matches. At least the trend for 2 years so far was for the World titles to be defended there so why not have given the women a chance to have a tv title shot then? Beth and Alicia could have had their first title shot on the first 2012 Raw or SD and Beth could have won clean or cheated somehow which would set up another title shot for Alicia later on [potentially at the RR if they really wanted to stretch it out].

If not then I would have been very happy had the RR match been another random fatal 4 way like the 2011 Divas Title match was. They could have easily made it less random and had the 3 challengers have to win their way into the match [sorta like how the KOs had to win their way into the 2011 BFG 4 Way]. I would have had Alicia, Tamina, and Natalya win their way into the match and at the RR them 4 could have had a nice match that saw Beth retain but would have alluded to issues with DoD team mate Natalya and her next challenger Tamina.

Beth and Tamina's build up to their Elimination Chamber title match was pretty good and the match turned out well imo so I'd have kept that the way it turned out. There are 6 weeks between EC and WM so imo most if not all champs should defend their belts in that time frame ON TV. So I'd have had an EC rematch between Beth and Tamina around early March on Raw or SD.

All this time since the RR I'd have had segments and other matches that showed the growing tension between the DoD members Beth and Natalya. Natalya NEVER would have been on such a losing streak or had that horrible farting gimmick.. Natalya could have earned the WM 28 Divas Title shot against Beth in some battle royal/6 pack challenge match and instead of being happy for her friend Beth could have attacked her [either right after her # 1 contendership win or in the weeks prior to WM]. The build up to WM 28's Divas Title match would not be that hard imagine and imo Beth/Natalya would have been the best one on one match the WWE could have had at WM baring Beth/Kharma *we know why that has been stalled*. I would have still had Beth retain but her feud with Natalya would have continued to Extreme Rules and probably later on in the year. Natalya should be one of the top candidates to win the belt off of Beth imo.

I wrote a lot just now and I feel that if it went something more like that I would have enjoyed Beth's Divas title reign A LOT more than what WWE gave us all. I think my scenario was much better than what we got at least.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012, 1:27 am

Still feels like pointless forgettable one months feuds. Not enough time for me to get emotionally attached to the challenger.

You dedicate a whole month to build up Tamina, have her beat opponent, win a title match opportunity just so she could lose, and then lose a couple weeks later and then gets tossed aside for Natalya?

As nice and well plotted your idea seem, it just seems like the same use and toss aside formula WWE has going now, where the feud is so short and abrupt i just don't find the time to get emotionally attached to the challenger. By the time i reach a point where i want to see this woman succeed, i want her to overcome the odds....it's been 4 weeks and her 15 minutes of fame is over.

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptyFri 20 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

Well if Beth doesn't get new challengers then people say that her defenses are repetitive which I agree with.

I don't need to see Beth vs Kelly one on one four times on PPV in one year [span of August-Dec] I would rather have some variety.

I feel that Beth vs Natalya one on one would have been the best possible match at WM 28 this year but I would not have minded if Tamina was also involved I just already had Beth defend her belt at TLC in a different Triple Threat and plus I think a one on one match would have been better for the break up of the DoD.

Also you said that I would build up Tamina to lose two title matches and then toss her aside. Even if she wasn't in the WM 28 title match I would not just toss her aside. In a perfect world she would have still been on Raw/SD/Superstars/Nxt [at least one appearance per week] even after she wasn't the main person feuding with Beth over the belt. There are a lot of shows that WWE can have women have matches on and if I was in control they would be featured on these shows in segments/matches that got some actual time. In reality Tamina was MIA after her EC loss but I'd have had her back in action the next week [because she would still be on her way to her next title shot] but like I said even after her second title loss to Beth she would still not be dropped completely. At the same time though not everyone can be in the spotlight at the same time and I would move towards Beth/Natalya and likely have Natalya win the belt off of Beth in the summer.

Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 7:01 am

The thing WWE needs to realize is they can have a title match without a fued actually happening. Have a random Alicia vs Beth title match or a fatal four way, things like that to spicen it up.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

I agree I would rather have a champion defend their belt on TV/PPV in an unadvertised match then to not defend it at all.

I just think champs should for sure defend it on TV/PPV every 30 or so days.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 8:53 am

I really don't see how having a fued last longer than a month can help the audience get emoitonally attached.. espeically when the matches will still remain less than 2 minutes and the divas will all still look like mutes who have no chance in hell of ever learning how to talk
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

Rated X Superstar wrote:
The thing WWE needs to realize is they can have a title match without a fued actually happening. Have a random Alicia vs Beth title match or a fatal four way, things like that to spicen it up.

I think this would help a lot. It would help Beth show that she is a fighting champion and help to restablish her as a dominant part of the roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some History   Some History Empty

Back to top Go down

Some History
Page 1 of 1