Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. Empty
PostSubject: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 9:14 pm

I posted the latest in the thread.

Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. Wsu

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2012/05/15/wsu-announces-company-has-been-sold/

Women Superstars Uncensored (WSU) announced late last night that the company has been sold.

A brief line in a press release reads:

WSU is in the process of changing ownership. The sale will not affect any WSUVideo.com purchases or upcoming events. We will have a press release once the sale is signed.

The current owner is Sean McCaffrey, previously known for running the website Declaration of Independents.

WSU has been a major part of the resurgence of women’s wrestling in North America over the past few years on an independent level, particularly in the past two years. Since 2010 the company has reached new highs, improving its product and expanding — successfully, it should be added — into the Internet pay per view market. Additionally, WSU runs shows much more regularly than other independent female companies, providing many wrestlers paydays. One has to wonder how a potential sale will impact the company’s recent strides.

Diva Dirt has reached out to WSU for comment.
----------------------
What do you think of this?

Which women on the WSU roster are your favorites if you like any that is?

Would you like to see any of the WSU women wrestlers to become a future diva or knockout? Do you think WWE or TNA would be interested in any of them?

Last edited by King Silva on Sat 19 May 2012, 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 12:50 am

To me, WSU is like the ECW of the 90's. It is a total dark horse promotion. Needless ultra foul language, only a few really talented stars, but usually always entertaining.

That said, I don't think there is really anyone in WSU that WWE would be interested in. As a general rule, WSU has the least "girly" wrestlers. There are some that TNA could do well with like Jessika Havok, Allysin Kay, Marti Bell, and Lexxus.

As far as their talent that I like.....Rain is one of my top picks from WSU. I think she is extremely talented and grossly underrated. Jessika Havok and Allysin Kay are great characters and pretty solid competitors.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 12:00 pm

i'd say Marti Belle and Lexxus could fit in WWE. i mean Marti is a former model/actress herself and Lexxus has got to be one of the sexiest indie females out there

i was going to say exactly the same thing about ECW. someone should really tell Amy Lee to try and cut a promo without sounding like a drunk sailor
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 9:30 pm

bobby_says_hi wrote:
i'd say Marti Belle and Lexxus could fit in WWE. i mean Marti is a former model/actress herself and Lexxus has got to be one of the sexiest indie females out there

i was going to say exactly the same thing about ECW. someone should really tell Amy Lee to try and cut a promo without sounding like a drunk sailor

Annie Social is the same way. WSU recently released a promo with Annie Social and Kimber Lee. It was the most vulgar promo that I have EVER heard.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 9:54 pm

i think someone needs to take any of those wrestlers aside and explain that cursing in promos works the same way as blood in matches. it should be used only rarely so that it has an impact. CM Punk has a reputation for cursing in promos but even he doesn't do it that much. even our trainers tell us even if we're working over 18s shows that cursing too much doesn't work and it's the mark of a bad mic worker

that's why i'm happy Shimmer is family friendly. all the promos from them work just fine and it's cool to see them blur the line on rare occasions
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. EmptySat 19 May 2012, 4:39 am

Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. Wsu-youtubelogo-300x245

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/05/17/wsu-sale-update-buyer-backs-out/

Women Superstars Uncensored‘s planned sale to an “independent buyer” – which we discussed in Tuesday’s Roundup – has fallen through, though owner Sean McCaffrey is still looking to sell the promotion, with the reason for a rapid sale being cited as “other issues in life to address right now”.

The latest update was delivered earlier in a multi-tweet message. Here are the excerpts:

Sale update: Original buyer backed out today, we are negotiating with two other parties, one being a prominent indy promotion to buy… But to answer all the DM’s, reason I personally leaving is I have other issues in life to address right now that are time consuming. I do not want to put out a half ass effort, and if I can’t run the company at the level i want and used to, because of other matters. It is time to hand the keys to someone who can dedicate the time, energy and passion that I was able to as owner… But end of the day, health issues, job opportunities and newborn babies come before wrestling, & I don’t want to 1/2 ass anything…

While the sale appears to be a hasty one, McCaffrey isn’t just going to offload it to anyone, saying that he “won’t sell to “some mark”, we want the company to continue to succeed under strong leadership”, and has also asserted that the relationship with nCw Femmes Fatales – including the talent sharing which will take place in June and July – is still on. This is encouraging, as despite handing over the reins to someone else, he still cares about what he has done over the past five years, and also cares about the roster and what happens to it in the future.

While we have had criticisms and queries in the past – some of which have been directly addressed – we can respect his vision for his product and not being deterred. Under his booking, McCaffrey had Mercedes Martinez enjoy a 1,092 day reign as the promotion’s champion, and currently boasts the hottest faction in women’s wrestling in North America, the Midwest Militia. Hopefully whoever takes over WSU will share and forward the vision – though once the company is sold, the new owner can go in whatever direction they like.

WSU has a loyal group of fans – we trust that they will stay on board and support the new management, as during this period of uncertainty, the promotion will welcome the support.

--------------------------
So is this good or bad news? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..   Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential WSU Buyer Backs Out..
Page 1 of 1