Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D-Bryan says WWE changed plans with his character after WM28, talks impact of "Yes!" etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

D-Bryan says WWE changed plans with his character after WM28, talks impact of "Yes!" etc Empty
PostSubject: D-Bryan says WWE changed plans with his character after WM28, talks impact of "Yes!" etc   D-Bryan says WWE changed plans with his character after WM28, talks impact of "Yes!" etc EmptyMon 21 May 2012, 9:11 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_61556.shtml

Former World Hvt. champion Daniel Bryan says WWE changed plans on how to utilize him after the rise of "Yes!" following his 18-second loss to Sheamus at WrestleMania 28 last month.

"It was actually a very nice surprise and I think the people’s support of me is the reason why I’m in the position now with this match with C.M. Punk on Sunday. I don’t know what their plans were for me after I lost to Sheamus in 18 seconds, but I don’t think it was this. Because people have been so behind me both positively and negatively, it’s really pushed me to the next level," Bryan said on the Busted Open radio show promoting Over the Limit on Sunday.

Bryan talked about the key to his run, including a PPV title match with Punk, has been the timing of his opportunities. He noted if he joined WWE in the mid-2000s, he may be at the bottom of the card. Or, be someone like Tyson Kidd who's "never gotten a break."

"It’s interesting because sometimes people will ask me my advice on how to get to the top. I tell them for me, one it was a lot of hard work, there is lots of people who work really hard," Bryan said. "You know who is awesome and never has gotten a break? Tyson Kidd. He is unreal. But, for me it’s been a lot of luck and being in the right place at the right time. If I had to come to the WWE in 2005, there would be a good chance I would be stuck at the bottom and never had gotten the opportunities that I have right now."

Bryan added that he's been able to capitalize on the opportunities given to him. "That’s very important in WWE. If you get an opportunity and you are not able to capitalize on it, then you won’t be able to get an opportunity for a while," Bryan said.

Now that he's playing a top heel in WWE, Bryan says he gets a lot of "hate tweets" about his storyline with A.J. Plus, concern from his mom. "The dynamic between me and A.J. is interesting. She is such a sympathetic character to get behind. It’s funny because my mom watches it and she is like, 'My son, why would you say that to that sweet young girl?' (Bryan laughs) Then, my mom would say, 'I did not raise you to treat women like that.' I’m like, 'Oh c’mon! (Bryan laughs)"
Back to top Go down

D-Bryan says WWE changed plans with his character after WM28, talks impact of "Yes!" etc
Page 1 of 1