Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises   Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 9:40 am

Christopher Nolan recently told Empire that he wasn't entirely sure about including Catwoman, played by Anne Hathaway, in The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan said it was his brother and co-screenwriter Jonathan "Jonah" Nolan who turned him around on it.

"I was nervous about how she would fit into our world," said Nolan. "But Jonah was very much convinced that there would be a great way to do it and eventually turned me around. Once I got my head around the idea of looking at that character through the prism of our films, saying, 'Who could that person be in real-life?' we figured it out. She's a bit of a con-woman, something of a grifter. A hard-edged kind of criminal."

Jonah Nolan added, "Chris often comes from a position of, 'Why should we do this?' You know, presumed guilty. But I said, 'What we're endeavoring to do here is tell a complete take on the Batman mythos'. And a complete take of the Batman mythos without the character for me was sacrilegious. You've gotta gave her, because she has a delicious greyness to her that helps define who Batman is. She keeps wavering on this line of, 'Is she a good guy or a bad guy?' Well, she's kind of neither. And that's why, to me, that relationship and that character only enhances the universe - and the Batman character." He also said that "Anne Hathaway threatens to steal the show."

In addition, David Goyer told Empire that the final scene of the movie is "completely unchanged" from what they imagined it would be when they began the rebooted series with Batman Begins. Goyer said, "We both knew in our hearts that we were onto something special. I have to tell you, having finally seen everything strung together a little while ago and seeing that scene, I got a complete lump in my throat."

The film opens July 20th.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises   Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 10:42 pm

I can't wait for the film and I agree you have to have Catwoman in a trilogy of Batman movies!
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises   Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu 31 May 2012, 12:31 am

i think she'll be a good add in the movie. cant wait to see it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises   Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises Empty

Back to top Go down

Christopher Nolan Was Hesitant To Use Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises
Page 1 of 1