Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended

Go down 
+2
VLG.
Dead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended Empty
PostSubject: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

SuperLuchas.net reports Cody Rhodes recently tested positive on a drug test for a banned substance but was cleared after providing a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician.

Prior to being cleared, it would appear that Rhodes believed he was facing suspension. The day after dropping the Intercontinental Championship to Christian at Over the Limit, he cryptically wrote on Twitter: "Time off." He appeared at the following day's SmackDown taping in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania and all SmackDown shows since then.

The website also reports that another WWE performer whose name has not been disclosed recently had a positive drug test and will be suspended if a valid prescription is not produced.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 6:42 pm

I can't help but think that if you truely love what you are doing you would not take any drugs unless you had a genuine reason for doing so.

Edge never took drugs. Cena never took drugs. Countless others haven't taken drugs and they were given the chance to continue doing what they loved.

Guys like Carlito and Umaga (RIP) can't have loved what they did enough, because they left over drugs. And I think thats a shame, especially because Carlito and Umaga had a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

I agree with VLG if you love what you do then you shouldn't be taken drugs unless you got a good reason too.The fact that Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton haven't been released yet is just ain't right.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

Damn this is horrible!

Cody doesn't need to join that list of shame...

He's lucky he got the prescription in time.

Sucks that they made him lose the IC title when had that scare never happened he likely would have kept the belt for longer..
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Rey Mysterio had a prescription, but didn't get it to WWE officials in time. There is some controversy over how his suspension has been handled, but at the end of the day his reason was legit and he was suspended for time, rather than the offence.

Randy Orton has only survived because of his status as WWE's number 3 (used to be number 2, but I saw an article saying he'd fallen a rung, didn't read the article, only the title). But this is his 5th suspension, so he's lucky to still have a job.

Cody Rhodes is lucky to avoid suspension, because he is being built up. Slowly, but he is being built. A suspension now would cut that down.

Look at Evan Bourne and R-Truth. Suspended and now where are they? Evan Bourne is now in a situation where at one point he was almost forced to retire. R-Truth has been massively depushed.

Suspensions make or break stars, Bourne will probably never get that push again. Truth is going to have to work hard to get back to where he was. If Rhodes had been suspended he probably would be going back to where he was a couple of years ago.

WWE Superstars know the impact being caught can have on their careers (a prime example being Jeff Hardy and his year long court case which he was lucky to get only 10 days for) and yet they persist. All I can say is its there problem and they have to deal with the consequences.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

One of the things I want to disagree with in this thread is that some have said something similar too "they don't love what they're doing if they're taking 'X'". Some people believe, in order to get to the top and compete with some athletes, that they HAVE to take steroids to get there. That doesn't mean they don't love what they're doing, they just feel they can't do it without it. The same can be said about all sports.

He is lucky though that he got the prescription into the WWE in time. While I may not like him, it would've hurt to not have him on the show.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

I understand that but there's other ways they can keep up with the new wwe stars.John Cena Has Been around the same time randy Orton came In yet John Cena Can keep up with the new stars.Randy Orton who I'm surprise is wrestling the way he is now he just isn't that great as he used to be anymore and his wrestling moves are just so simple and there's nothing unique about him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 10:54 am

VLG. wrote:
I can't help but think that if you truely love what you are doing you would not take any drugs unless you had a genuine reason for doing so.

Edge never took drugs. Cena never took drugs. Countless others haven't taken drugs and they were given the chance to continue doing what they loved.

Guys like Carlito and Umaga (RIP) can't have loved what they did enough, because they left over drugs. And I think thats a shame, especially because Carlito and Umaga had a lot of potential.

He has admitted to using steroids briefly. He said that he stopped because he'd get winded pretty quick.

If I find the video, I'll post it in this thread.

So, perhaps not any other form of drugs, but has used the 'roids.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

Big Pun: THEHASHTAGHEEL wrote:
VLG. wrote:

He has admitted to using steroids briefly. He said that he stopped because he'd get winded pretty quick.

If I find the video, I'll post it in this thread.

So, perhaps not any other form of drugs, but has used the 'roids.

Wouldn't that have been around the time of his neck surgery?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 12:05 pm

Then or after his comeback. My guess is the latter because he was frickin' huge in 2004-2005.

Skip to about 19:55.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:17 pm

Ah, was unaware. I would have thought the reason was down to his neck. It makes it more acceptable. Unlike Orton though, he stopped taking drugs

And Bob, WWE Superstars know that because of the WWE Wellness Policy they are risking their jobs. Its because of that that I said they can't love what they do enough. And to counter your arguement about feeling they have to do it to get to the top, the vast majority of superstars with Wellness Policy offenses get depushed and have to spend a long time building themselves back up. So they know that thevery least thats likely to happen is that they get depushed.

WWE Superstars know life gets a lot harder in WWE if they take drugs. If they truely wanted to be there, they wouldn't take them. There's no arguement about this. In any job, sport or not, get caught taking drugs and life gets very hard for you. If you love what you do you dont do it.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:35 pm

Technically, when Mysterio came back from his first suspension, he was put in a tag title match....THEN a world title match. he was pushed right away before being destroyed by Batista
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

Thats not a common occurance though Dead. And this time he's being seriously depushed. On the whole, Wellness Policy suspension, especially the second, leads to being depushed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!!! *HuLk SmAsH*
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Big Pun: THEHASHTAGHEEL wrote:
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!!! *HuLk SmAsH*

Whut?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 3:43 pm

Batista's heel turn on Rey Myserio

Skip to :41

Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Ah, now it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended   Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Cody Rhodes almost suspended
Page 1 of 1