Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Empty
PostSubject: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:28 pm

http://betterwithbob.blogspot.ie/2012/06/ten-indie-girls-who-would-be-right-at.html

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Indies

I don't know what's in the water at WWE headquarters but lately they've been bringing in new females to the company from a place that they rarely seem to find them - the independent wrestling scene. Yes, WWE has a habit of finding models, cheerleaders, actresses, dancers etc and offering them contracts. But in the last year in particular we have seen them sign names such as Britani Knight of SHIMMER and Pro Wrestling EVE fame, Ivelisse Velez off Tough Enough, there's been talk of Tenille Tayla getting a contract as soon as she recovers from her shoulder injury, fledgling Irish wrestler Rachelle St Claire and the most recent acquisition of WILD's Buggy Nova. What do these women have besides their background in indie wrestling? Why they're all drop dead gorgeous. Your mileage may vary of course but those girls definitely have the "WWE Look". I mean, in a perfect world looks wouldn't matter in WWE and they'd give girls like Sara Del Rey, Mercedes Martinez and Cheerleader Melissa a chance. Not saying that those women aren't pretty, but it's obvious they're not what WWE would prefer to have (this isn't going to turn into a rant on sexism; it's just the same in the men's division). But there are girls that can wrestle out there in the indies that have the WWE Look and could feasibly find themselves in the company if they were "discovered".

1) Jessie McKay:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Jessie_McKay
In SHIMMER they call her "Everybody's Favourite Girlfriend" and the fans eagerly extend their hands as she bounds past them, smiling sweetly in a way that reminds you of the joy on your girlfriend's face when she likes that present you hoped she would. WWE has had its share of Girl Next Door characters but few of their attempts have actually managed to pull it off well. Kelly Kelly is the only one who doesn't come across as fake or forced. And with Kelly on her way out and AJ going full goose bozo on us, WWE needs a Girl Next Door. Jessie McKay is one of the most gorgeous girls SHIMMER has and would fit in excellently with WWE's PG market. The little kids would gleefully extend their hands out to Jessie and she in turn would look like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth as she smiles at all of them. Jessie has a certain spark to her that helps her not be a bland babyface like so many of the other Girls Next Door. And looks aside, she is certainly a talented wrestler as a glance at any of her SHIMMER matches or work from her native Australia will demonstrate. She has moves that help her stand out and it's almost a little jarring to see her pull off some un-Diva-ish moves considering she could pass for the third Bella Twin. More pictures to convince you...
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Jessie-mckay-032212
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Jessie-mckay3

2) Jennifer Blake:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Cherry+bomb
This one is called "Girl Dynamite" and as the name suggests she packs a powerful punch. Jennifer Blake is another SHIMMER girl but has competed in many other places across the world including Scotland and Mexico where right now she is one half of the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Champions. Funnily enough I actually first saw Miss Blake and Jessie McKay when they were competing in the same match and I was impressed with both of them. Jennifer Blake has that nice natural energy in a match, like a firecracker just waiting to explode. Girls in WWE that also have that energy include AJ, Naomi and developmental Diva Audrey Marie. Jennifer is more seasoned than all of them (not knocking those girls' abilities of course) and would make a fine addition to the roster. Aside from her indie work she was also a character on the Batman & Robin of professional wrestling "Wrestleicious" where she placed the Ice Princess Autumn Frost. She spent her entire screentime on the show wearing an outfit that would make Big Johnny's eyes pop out of his head. Aside from that, Miss Blake is attractive, blonde and Canadian so doesn't that make her WWE's ideal Diva?
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 5e4910e1f3e00d803f9a6122b9dcf72c_cropped
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 04

3) Mia Yim:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 05
Unlike TNA who seems to want a Canadian to substitute for a Latina, WWE really does have a really diverse set of women on its roster. Latinas do tend to make up the majority there but we've also seen a lot more African-American girls since we now have Alicia Fox, Kharma, Cameron Lynn, Naomi and Caylee Turner. But WWE doesn't seem to want to have more than one Asian girl on the roster at a time. First there was Lena Yada who was "coincidentally" released when Gail Kim was re-signed. For a while they also had Angela Fong a.k.a. Savannah but then she was quickly given her marching orders as well. Now that Gail Kim has jumped ship back to TNA, WWE don't have an Asian Diva. I hope people don't take offence to this mentality but that is the nature of the beast. Mia Yim is an attractive young lady that happens to be one of the best up-and-coming young talents in women's wrestling today. Mia has of course graced the rings of both SHIMMER and Ring of Honour frequently and has also been overseas to Japan to perfect her craft even more. She also holds a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. In contrast to the Girl Next Door and the Bubbling Firecracker above, Mia is one tough cookie and could be a very believable badass next to the on-again-off-again Divas of Doom and I could definitely see her dominating the division as their next top heel. Oh and did I mention she's been in ladder matches as well?
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 06
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Roster_mia1

4) Athena:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Athena
JBL called himself the Wrestling God so here is the Distaff Counterpart in the Wrestling Goddess who has as many hometowns as she pleases. And in my opinion, unlike JBL, she lives up to her nickname. Now Athena is another girl I spied while watching SHIMMER and it was her wrestling that stood out the most to me. She has a very impressive and eye-popping moveset with manoeuvres such as the Ultimate Back Slash (a Rock Bottom into a Back Stabber) and her top rope diving stunner which really has to be seen to be believed. Add that to her impressive arsenal of handsprings and flips and you have a girl that wrestles the exact Waif Fu style that WWE wants its Divas to have. Now however Athena's main problem was that she did all those flips and handsprings while working as a heel which is sort of cheating when it comes to wrestling and it's a big no-no in WWE. Afterall, you can't do cool and flashy moves if you want the crowd to boo you. Thankfully it was crisis averted when SHIMMER turned her face and she was able to shine in that role too. While WWE does have its share of African-American women at the moment, Athena is definitely distinct from them in her appearance and wrestling and certainly has what it takes to stand out from the pack.
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Athena001
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Athena2

5) Rayna Von Tosh:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Rayna_Von_Tosh_1
This one was apparent to me as soon as she walked out of the curtain. She has the distinction of participating in the second ever SHIMMER match I watched and the first where I knew neither of the participants. Rayna Von Tosh is actually a product of Ring of Honour as she was the first graduate of the SHIMMER wrestling school, trained by veteran Daizee Haze. What sticks out to me about Rayna is her gimmick. She strides out through the curtain as jazz music plays, she dances along the aisle as she high-fives the fans and as she gets to the apron she peels off her opera gloves and flips her hair for the crowd. How in the world has WWE not had a burlesque dancer yet? Remember SHIMMER is a family friendly show as well so it would be easy for WWE to pull this one off (pardon the pun). A girl providing Fanservice while also serving as a throwback to the days when Burlesque was in its heyday would be a refreshing concept. Rayna isn't exactly an in-ring goddess but a few months in FCW should see to that. Unfortunately I'm not sure if she's still wrestling as she is currently a member of the singing group The American Bombshells who travel around to sing for the army. However she did recently put up a highlight reel of her wrestling on Youtube so perhaps she wouldn't mind a comeback if WWE offered her a deal. Just one look into those eyes and I'd ask her to sign on the dotted line.
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use B959e0ad66raynavontash
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use ROH%20TV%203

6) Davina Rose:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Davina-Rose-Gilda-Pasquil
Davina Rose is a fresh face on the wrestling scene, having only surfaced in 2011 in (you guessed it) SHIMMER and a handful of other promotions. You'd be surprised to find this out since WWE isn't short on white girls but they haven't had a Caucasian Brunette in years. I'm assuming Davina is Caucasian because she looks like it. It would be refreshing to have a white girl in WWE that isn't blonde. It seems their mentality is that if she's white she has to be blonde and they use mixed race girls to fill the brunette quota (though I think former Diva Jenny Cash was an exception). Davina has actually worked quite a lot with former WWE Diva and SHIMMER and OVW star Serena Deeb and if you work with the best then you're guaranteed to become the best at one point or another. I can't say much more about Davina Rose because I haven't seen that much of her but if she walked past me in the street she'd certainly have my attention. Isn't that how most girls get signed to WWE anyway?
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 389647_341742742563957_1408507440_n
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 389647_341742739230624_1683210533_n

7) Marti Belle:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 284567_193407347382826_193386750718219_533471_2764024_n
I'll give you a nice fun fact about how I became acquainted with Marti Belle. One day I tweeted Martin Casaus from Tough Enough, suggesting he call his fans the "Marty-Marks". I got a reply from Marti Belle wailing "no! I've already claimed Marti Marks" and I've seen the two argue about it cutely on Twitter many times. Marti Belle actually has a lot in common with many of the WWE Divas (and some of the TNA Knockouts if you want to point fingers). She was actually model and I think an actress before breaking into the business and she did so as the valet of Tristan Spade. The model-turned-wrestler stigma exists outside of WWE too as Marti has said in interviews that she faced some hostility coming from her background and trying to learn to wrestle. She found lots of success in WSU as one half of the Belle Saints with Tina San Antonio where they won the promotion's Tag Team Championships in 2010, and she even teamed with former Diva Jazz. When the team split, Marti found success as a singles star and now has WSU's coveted Spirit Championship around her waist. As a former model she certainly has a nice exotic look to her and she is very talented on the mic. Her acting in a segment at WSU's Breaking Barriers II was brilliant and almost felt like it didn't belong in a pro wrestling promo. Since today's Divas find their successes outside the ring in storylines it seems as though Marti is ready to adapt to whatever role she is given. As for her goods in the ring, watch one of her matches and see for yourself.
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Wrestler-marti-belle1
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 163033-marti-belle

8) Erin Angel:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 4a75b776_680x340
And we're back to the bubbly and beautiful blondes. For Erin Angel, that call from WWE might come any day now because she has had two tryouts with them, the second of which happening very recently during their UK tapings. If she's on their radar then she stands a better chance of getting that call than most. I don't have any more details about her tryout so let's move on to details about Erin herself. She describes herself as "a little angel...until you cross me". She hails from my place of birth, the good old United Kingdom, and was trained by Douglas Williams and Jonny Storm among others. She is currently one of the top 8 women wrestlers in the UK and is of course a star in Pro Wrestling EVE. Out of all the girls on my list so far, Erin certainly fits the WWE Look the most and is already a WWE Diva that just hasn't been signed yet. And I'm surprised I made it this far down the list without a pun on someone spraying Lynx to bring angels down from the heavens.
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Future-wwe-divas-erin-angel-and-carmel-jacob-looking-hot-10
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Future-wwe-divas-erin-angel-and-carmel-jacob-looking-hot-1

9) Lizzy Valentine:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 07
Now I don't know if I could get away with calling Lizzy Valentine an indie wrestler because she's been on her fair share of television, outside of WWE and TNA. You'll be forgiven if you were shocked that there was wrestling on TV besides those two promotions, I was too. Lizzy first played the girlfriend of Evan Bourne (then Matt Sydal) on MTV's short lived Wrestling Society X and then she later starred as Kandi Kisses, the Britney Spears parody on Wrestlicious. She did actually appear on TNA back in the days when the Knockouts danced in cages. Besides that she is a model, actress and even a jazz musician. One glance at her, like Erin, will confirm that she has the WWE look and has potential to go places. She can play a great bitchy heel as seen in WSX and can also do comedy really well (which in Wrestlicious is no easy feat). I haven't seen too much of her in the ring but for someone with as much experience and exposure as she's had, I'm confident she could fit into WWE just fine.
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Lizzyvalentine
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 06

10) Terra Calaway:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Terra1
And the final Diva hopeful is the young Terra Calaway, all the way from Las Vegas. Giving herself the best nickname of the bunch, the "Sin City Siren" is relatively new on the scene since I can't find anything about her that comes before 2011 so I'm going to assume that she is a rookie. She has mostly competed in the California-based promotion WILD Wrestling and held their North American Championship for quite a few months. She also recently made her debut at WSU's Uncensored Rumble V which is in the mail for me as I'm writing. While Terra Calaway doesn't stand out as much in the ring as some of the other girls on this list, there is a certain spark to her that has made her stand out to me. She doesn't quite seem like a Girl Next Door like Jessie McKay but there is a certain natural babyface charm to her that makes me want to root for her. Dare I say it is the Trish Stratus effect? And if you have "I Love Rock and Roll" as your entrance music you definitely make me want to cheer you.

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 255275_203625553012628_100000955554574_481275_6299894_n

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Terra3

Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

I think you have a really good list and I agree with most of them. Out of these 10, I think Jessie McKay and Marti Belle would be the best fits as far as looks and talent goes. I am not a fan of Rayna or Lizzy at all. While I think they are both pretty, I think they should both just stay out of the ring. I have seen a few of Terra's matches and she has potential to be something.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:02 pm

Lizzy's hit and miss for me in the ring. sometimes she can put on good matches, sometimes not. she's a lot like Mickie in that regard. i think she's a good character though. i was considering adding a couple of the Irish girls to the list but then i figured they'd kill me haha

Marti Belle and Jennifer Blake both saw the entry and said they liked it. and i was afraid they'd take offence to entire article talking about their looks, though Jennifer pointed out that AAA doesn't quite count as indie stuff lol

Rayna actually had a really good match with Daizee Haze at Pro Wrestling Respect i think a few weeks after her SHIMMER debut. i was impressed with it
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

Yeah let's sign these girls just so they can have 2 min matches on Raw and SD.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:45 pm

True, AAA isn't really an independent promotion, but just about everything else she has done has been independent...and I think she is a good prospect for WWE or for TNA.

It is really cool that Jennifer and Marti both liked write up. I thought it was really good as well. I like that you are so familiar with the independent women. It makes me feel like much less of an outsider on here. haha

As far as bringing women in for only 2 minute matches.....That won't last forever. There just isn't anything good going in the division right now. There are several women on deck down in FCW that once they get called up will help to improve the quality of the division. If we can get back to a roster full of really talented women, we will probably start seeing more lengthy matches with storylines that work.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 7:45 am

yeah ever since i got into wrestling myself i've been obsessed with the indies haha

as for the 2 minute matches, i guess the bookers would feel that experienced wrestlers wouldn't need to be restricted to that time (the current girls don't need to either but it's too late for them). but the girls have gotten good time on all the recent PPVs and with the likes of Eve and AJ turning into bankable stars, as well as Raw moving to 3 hours things could look up
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

Do you follow any of the Australian women? Evie seems to be one of the most talked about women from Down Under right now.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 9:33 am

haven't really yet though of course i know Madison Eagles, Kellie Skater and Tenille Tayla. i have heard about Evie a few times though i haven't seen her in action. one of our girls moved to Australia a few months ago though i don't know if she's still wrestling over there
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

There are quite a few that can put on a decent match down there (between Australia and New Zealand). Madison Eagles and Evie are my two favorites from down there I think. Who is the girl that moved down there?
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

in Ireland she was using the name Mini Storm so i guess she might be called that. i think she may also valet for her boyfriend "Awesome" Andy Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 8:02 pm

Hum.....I know there is a blonde girl using the name Storm down there now. I have no idea where she is from though. Here is a match between here and Nikki Nitro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRilDv8ZlI
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

no that's not her. i checked the date the video was uploaded and this girl didn't move until February. i know her boyfriend wrestles for MCW in Melbourne but she is very green so maybe she just hasn't done any shows yet.

this is her:
Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use 380682_2564394388217_417620772_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use   Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use Empty

Back to top Go down

Ten Indie Girls WWE Could Use
Page 1 of 1