Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Talks Ankle Injury, Return, WHT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Christian Talks Ankle Injury, Return, WHT Empty
PostSubject: Christian Talks Ankle Injury, Return, WHT   Christian Talks Ankle Injury, Return, WHT EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 4:34 am

Christian Talks Ankle Injury, Return, WHT 70455_t607

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/jul/02/wwe-stars-gear-up-for-corpus-christi-show/

CORPUS CHRISTI — 2012 is finally looking up for WWE Superstar Christian, who has gone from injury to Intercontinental Champion.

Christian suffered a high ankle sprain and torn ligaments last November, which sidelined him for several months.

"After talking with a couple different doctors, they said that on a scale of 1-10 of the severity of the sprain, it was a 10. It was as bad as it could have possibly been," Christian said. "It was a little bit frustrating to say the least, but it's just one of those things where you got to get through it."

Christian's injury caused him to miss WrestleMania, WWE's biggest event of the year.

He returned at Over the Limit, WWE's pay-per-view event in May, to win a battle royal. Christian challenged Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship later that night, and won.

"When you come back, you always want to make a statement, and I think I did that night," he said. "I don't think many people knew I was going to come back, it was kind of a surprise. The element of surprise is great, and it worked in my favor."

Christian will look to build on this momentum when Super Smackdown! Live -The Great American Bash comes to the American Bank Center arena on Tuesday. It's a night he looks forward to.

"I love coming to Corpus Christi. We have a great fan base there," the Intercontinental Champion said. "The WWE Universe there always supports us whenever we're coming down."

Fan favorite John Cena also is booked to step in the ring in Corpus Christi. He will be in the main event of Super Smackdown! Live, which is a two-on-one handicap match. He will face Big Show and former general manager John Lauranitis.

There also will be plenty of other matches that night that will feature other WWE superstars, like Sheamus, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, and many more. The card and talent is subject to change.

For Christian, the ultimate goal is to reclaim the World Heavyweight Championship, a title he already has won twice.

"I've always viewed the Intercontinental Champion as the next guy in line to step up," he said. "I was fortunate enough to be the champion twice. Winning that title again would be great."

If You Go
What: Super Smackdown! Live-The Great American Bash
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: American Bank Center arena, 1901 N. ShorelineBlvd.
Cost: $15-$95 plus fees
Information: ticketmaster.com, or 1-800-745-3000

Christian’s accolades
Two time World Heavyweight Champion
Two time ECW Champion
Four time Intercontinental Champion
Nine time World Tag Team Champion

By the numbers
9,311,881: Number of “likes” WWE has on Facebook
1,287,964: Followers WWE has on Twitter
300: Wishes that John Cena has granted with Make-A-Wish Foundation
6: Different championships in the WWE today