Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back Empty
PostSubject: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 8:55 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/salt-and-ice-challenge-12-year-old-badly-injured_n_1640429.html?1341096581&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=174824

WARNING, the below photo is graphic and may not be suitable for children.
Spoiler:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/salt-and-ice-challenge-12-year-old-badly-injured_n_1640429.html?1341096581&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=174824

One 12-year-old boy from Pittsburgh, Penn., sustained second-degree burns on his back after engaging in a dangerous new teen fad with his brother and friends last weekend, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

The "salt and ice challenge" is making its rounds across YouTube and social networking sites. To play the game, kids press salt and ice against their skin for as long as they can tolerate the burning pain or until the injury - which is similar to frostbite -- becomes too severe.

According to WPXI-TV, the unnammed victim will need several months to recover and his family released a statement warning other students of the game's dangers:

“We want teenagers and the general public to know that the 'salt and ice challenge' is extremely dangerous. Videos on You Tube, Facebook and other social media do not accurately show the terrible injuries that can result. We are grateful that our son is recovering and hope that sharing his story will stop other young people from attempting this stunt."

The incident comes two months after school officials in the area expressed concern to parents that the fad was catching on with students -- sending a letter informing on the dangers of the game.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

This isn't a "new" fad. Whenever I was in middle school (early 2000s) people were doing this all over the place.

I don't feel bad at all. He and all of the people doing it are idiots.

"Oh man, this is going to make me so cool if I do this"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

I have never heard of this before so what high school did you go to?!

Anyone who does this is an idiot! Suspect

Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 9:50 pm

I lived in Florida whenever I was in middle school. Everyone was doing it down there. It was one of the most stupid things ever.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm

Wow..

Well hopefully this dies down..
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back EmptySat 28 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm

I LOVE IT! That's what his little dumb ass gets! What happened to playing with toys when you're bored? Who the hell thinks of these things? and why didn't he stop when he felt it burning??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back   Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back Empty

Back to top Go down

Salt And Ice Challenge: 12-Year-Old Boy Badly Injured After Dangerous Game Burns Cross On His Back
Page 1 of 1