Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA

Go down 
+4
TheWrestlingNerd
Angelwilliamsfan
Joanna
Blue Ryder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA Empty
PostSubject: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 1:27 am

Credit: thepeterboroughexaminer.com

Bobby Roode is body slamming the rumours of his departure from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

The 32-year-old Peterborough professional wrestler has resigned with the wrestling company, quashing reports that rival World Wrestling Entertainment was going to ink the six-foot-one, 240-pound grappler to a deal.

"My contract is put away and I've re-signed for five years with TNA," Roode told The Examiner last night.

"I'm very happy about it. They wanted to sign me to a long-term deal. Most contracts are one to three years, but they wanted to keep me around for five. I'm quite pleased."

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

"Professionally I'm very happy and financially they have put me in a very good spot. I'm happy all the way around," said Roode, who is home visiting his wife Tracy, children Bobby, Riley, Nicholas and parents Bob and Sandy Roode.

Roode, who wrestles as the character Robert Roode, a "financial genius" from Wall Street, said there was a strong desire to remain with the upstart wrestling promotion he joined more than four years ago.

"There was a little bit of interest there (from WWE)," he admitted.

"If TNA didn't step up to the plate, I would have tried a little bit harder (with WWE). I have an agent working for me as well. It was one of those things where my heart wanted to stay here. And TNA wanted me to stay there, too. So they stepped up to the plate and gave me a really nice offer."

When Roode joined TNA, he originally was a singles performer and had a number of high-profile feuds.

However, last summer he was placed in the tag team division with James Storm (real name James Allan Black). Together, they are known as Beer Money Inc. The duo won the TNA world tag team championship belts on Aug. 10 at the "Hard Justice" pay-per-view show.

They lost the titles on a Jan. 8 edition of the "Impact!" TV show but regained the titles three days later and remain the champions.

Roode says his new deal could lead to a return to singles' competition.

He said his current contract expires on April 4 but the new one will commence on March 1.

"For now, I don't know what the future will hold for me, but signing the long-term deal is a good sign that in time they'll branch me off into a singles guy again," said Roode.

"There are guys in our company right now -- like Kurt Angle, Booker T and Kevin Nash-- who are in their 40s and their careers are near the end. Mine is just peaking. The company is looking toward their future and I think they'll mould me into one of their spots down the road.

"We'll have to see what happens, but I think that's what is going to be the case."

Smart choice Robbie! Love his dedication to TNA. WWE would have treated him like crap thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Joanna
Recent Roster Addition

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 3:22 am

im really happy that they re - signed roode. hes one of the best heels tna has. he is def the future of the company.
Back to top Go down
Angelwilliamsfan
Legend

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Job/hobbies : Being bitchy, annoying a few ppl here
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Matt Striker/Cm punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Nattie
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Joe
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina love
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 3:44 am

I like Robert. since they paired him with Tracy i could see TNA had a liking to him.
Back to top Go down
TheWrestlingNerd
Main Eventer
TheWrestlingNerd

Male
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Watching Wrestling, Going on Forums, Listening to Music, Skateboarding, Waveboarding, Making Graphics
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, X-Pac , Mr Kennedy
Favorite WWE Diva : Katie Lea Burchill
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Kaz
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySun 22 Feb 2009, 6:21 pm

Awesome that he renewed a contract for 5 years!
Back to top Go down
http://prowrestlingroom.freeforums.org/index.php
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySun 22 Feb 2009, 6:51 pm

how would you know he woulda been misused in WWE? he def has the mic skills and the talent to get over as a major heel.
Back to top Go down
TheWrestlingNerd
Main Eventer
TheWrestlingNerd

Male
Number of posts : 768
Job/hobbies : Watching Wrestling, Going on Forums, Listening to Music, Skateboarding, Waveboarding, Making Graphics
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, X-Pac , Mr Kennedy
Favorite WWE Diva : Katie Lea Burchill
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Kaz
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySun 22 Feb 2009, 6:55 pm

Robert Roode could actually become a top star in WWE, he has awesome Mic Skills
Back to top Go down
http://prowrestlingroom.freeforums.org/index.php
MkGtOmEr
Legend
MkGtOmEr

Male
Number of posts : 4296
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 3:49 am

I would have to agree with this kid that Roode would most definataly be the next misused former tna guy... Chris Harris wasn't that bad, & well.. actually I think he was the only one..lol
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/mkgtomer
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptyWed 25 Feb 2009, 1:47 pm

yeah to say WWE doesnt pick up waste from TNA is stoopid....they did pick up Chris Harris and didnt use him...so who knows with any of the recently released ones. sonjay and petey

and Roode already is misused...he should be maineventing
Back to top Go down
INDIGO
Recent Roster Addition
INDIGO

Male
Number of posts : 11
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
Favorite WWE Diva : Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sonjay Dutt
Favorite TNA Knockout : Awesome Kong
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA EmptySat 28 Feb 2009, 2:52 pm

I'm glad he renewed his contract, he is one of the few heels in TNA and he is a good wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA   Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA Empty

Back to top Go down

Robert Roode signs a 5 year contract with TNA
Page 1 of 1