Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

unusual face/heel roles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

unusual face/heel roles Empty
PostSubject: unusual face/heel roles   unusual face/heel roles EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

Just from some random Youtubing of WWE and TNA matches i've noticed that there are some Divas and Knockouts who are known for playing a certain role but I've found they're actually better off in the other role. For example a girl who's typically been a face is actually much better as a heel in my opinion and vice versa. Here are some examples

The "big" women of WWE, Beth Phoenix and Tamina aren't really suited to playing heels if I'm being honest. I could never get into Tamina's matches when she was heel but she has this really great energy and charisma since she turned face at the start of the year. And Beth is really not a very good heel. Her initial dominant run was really boring to me and she was mildly interesting with Santino. I'll admit she's been better this time around but the damage was already done for me. She's just been heel for so long there's nothing new about her. However when she was face briefly she showed off how athletic she was, pulling off some really surprising moves for a woman her size. As a heel she comes across similarly to one of the big guys but as a face you can see that she backs up her power with technical skills and athleticism. I'd add Natalya to this list as well but she can be so deliciously evil as a heel. She's really great in both roles

Jacqueline Moore was mostly a face in WWE but I found her to be a really entertaining heel when she was feuding with Sable. She was hilarious on the mic as Marc Mero's bitchy girlfriend. It's a surprising role for her to be good in since she was always the tough cookie powerhouse in both WWE and TNA but there was a lot more they could have done with that character. PMS was awesome

AJ has pretty much been the ragdoll face for her entire stint on the main roster but her heel work in FCW was really good. She doesn't seem like someone who'd be a believable heel but she can work it. And judging from Kaitlyn's match on NXT this week, she could play a heel as well. Perhaps reform the Chick Busters as a heel team?

Angelina Love is of course best known as the bitchy Beautiful People heel but I really think she shines much better as a face. Comparing what we saw of her in TNA this year to her work over in Ring Ka King where she was face there was a huge difference. I think people don't seem to like Velvet as a face but I think she makes a better face than heel

and yeah everyone prefers Mickie as a heel but I think she'd only be good as a heel if she was psycho again instead of just an average heel. She works a lot better as an over-the-top character

Victoria/Tara has pretty much been heel for her entire WWE career and most of her TNA run too but I think she plays a damn fine face. It helps that in TNA she gets to show a bit more character than she did in WWE (I don't consider her dancing much of a character)
Back to top Go down

unusual face/heel roles
Page 1 of 1