Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

7/28 TNA Basebrawl House Show Results Washington, Pa: Aries/Hardy/Roode Main Event Title Match

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

7/28 TNA Basebrawl House Show Results Washington, Pa: Aries/Hardy/Roode Main Event Title Match Empty
PostSubject: 7/28 TNA Basebrawl House Show Results Washington, Pa: Aries/Hardy/Roode Main Event Title Match   7/28 TNA Basebrawl House Show Results Washington, Pa: Aries/Hardy/Roode Main Event Title Match EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 5:14 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_63793.shtml

TNA Basebrawl show results
July 28, 2012
Washington, Pa.
Report by William Wellek, PWTorch correspondent

Here's the results and a few observations from Consol Energy Park, the home of the Washington Wild Things in Washington, Pa., which is just a stone's throw from Pittsburgh.

The rain had been coming down in buckets for periods of time over the past few days, but TNA lucked out and the weather turned out perfect for a nice night. They had to be disappointed with the size of the crowd, though, which looked to be in the 600-700 range. The field seats seemed pretty close to sold out and the only other area that appeared to be crowded were the sections behind home plate.

Before the show, there was a typical meet and greet with a Brown Bag Special and assorted odds and ends. If you go to more then one TNA show a year, you pretty much see the same merchandise. This is the fourth time I received the Kurt Angle set...and for some odd reason they're putting Shark Boy figures in it instead of more current stars.

The crowd popped pretty loudly when the noticeable Joseph Park made his way through the field area. He's a big dude and just looks like a pleasant and jovial guy. My friends and I were on the fourth row on the field and Park sat two rows in front of us. He had a beer and a box of popcorn with him, which bummed a lot of people out because nobody else was allowed to bring food on the field.

(1) Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy won a battle royal to determine who faces Austin Aries for the TNA Hvt. Title in the main event. The participants were Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, D'Angelo Dinero, Mr. Anderson, Devon, Magnus, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, and Garett Bischoff. A.J. Styles was advertised, but did not appear. Ken Anderson had a very unintentional slip on some boards that led to the ring. He played it up and shouted how hurt is pride was. Great stuff. To everyone's surprise, Angle was the first to be eliminated. I thought TNA might deliver a hometown special with Angle vs. Aries to close out the show, but that wasn't meant to be. Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy were the last two in the ring and they pulled the "both men landing on the floor at the same time" finish. It was very obvious that Hardy landed first, but it was announced as a tie which, set up a three-way to end the show. Most everyone seemed pleased with that idea.

2) Knockouts champion Brooke Tessmacher beat Madison Rayne to retain the KO Title. Both women worked hard and put on a nice match. Brooke won by pinfall to retain the title. Surprisingly, Earl Hebner didn't referee the match. Madison was holding her mouth and talking to Earl's son for quite a while after the match. She's either a good actress or took a good shot. Earl made his way to the ring to referee the next match and I didn't notice any reaction between he and his crush. He also did all the "You Screwed Bret" schtick.

(3) TV champion Devon (w/Garett Bischoff) beat "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero to retain the TNA TV Title. The advertised card was changed up a bit with this match. It was a typical house show match with Dinero playing the heel and blaming Devon for not watching his back in the battle royal. Devon with the pin and a handshake with Pope after it was over. Pope then tried a sneak attack on Garett, but Bischoff chased him out of the ring.

Up next was Jeremy Borash calling Joseph Park into the ring for an interview. Joseph only managed to get out a few words before the music hit for Kaz and Daniels. They had some words with Park, which turned into his beat down. RVD and Mr. Anderson then literally ran out from left field to make the save. Next up...

(4) TNA tag champions Daniels & Kazarian beat Rob Van Dam & Mr. Anderson to retain the TNA TAg Titles. This was the match of the night by far. Anderson spent most of the match being double-teamed. Great comedy work from Kaz and Daniels once involving Anderson's arm being between Kaz's legs and another where Kaz had his back turned and accidently grabbed Daniels's arm and kept wrenching it. RVD and Anderson walked around to the other side of the ring and smiled at him, which let Kaz know he had the wrong guy. Some pretty good PG-13 humor and language at times. Funny stuff! Eventually, Kaz and Daniels won after some dirty deeds. I'm not 100 percent sure who got the pin, but I'm pretty sure it was Daniels pinning Anderson. RVD and Mr. A then hit their finishers after the match and let the crowd go happily into intermission.

e]Intermission. The two guys I was with paid $50 to get "backstage" for pictures with some of the guys who weren't in the regular meet and greet. From what I recall, they said they got to meet Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and Madison Rayne. I will say this, the new TNA shuckster is no Don West. One of the guys I went with buys all of the TNA big buys to get into the backstage area. Upon arrival, it was announced that the advertised Jeff Hardy baseball bat would not be available and they decided to sell the replica belts again. The new DW said if you brought a belt you previously bought, you could go backstage free forever. We didn't know that, as he left his belt at home. He even showed the guy pictures of him with the belt and his Jeff Jarrett guitar...no go. The guy wouldn't let him backstage without paying. I'm usually complimentary about the TNA meet and greets, but that wasn't fair to my friend. TNA should make it more clear that packages count in the past will count in the future. Okay...back to the show. ]

(5) Kurt Angle beat Magnus in a Bound For Glory Series match. Kurt got a great hometown pop and picked up seven points with a pin. Not a very long match at all. It was kind of a let down for the Yinzers. Kurt took the mic afterwards explaining how he got hurt and couldn't make the Olympics this year and urged us to support the athletes in the games this year. The crowd loved our Kurt!

During pre-show introductions, Jeremy Borash said there would be two BFG matches during the show. Someone must have pulled a backstage audible, as TNA went to the main event without a second BFG Series match since A.J. Styles wasn't on the show after originally being advertised for a BFG Series match tonight.

Bobby Roode was out first for the main event and played it up perfect. The man's something special for sure. Jeff Hardy was out next and probably got the biggest pop of the night and was followed by Austin Aries, who also got a nice ovation.

(6) TNA World Hvt. champion Austin Aries beat Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode in a three-way match to retain the World Title. The match took its time getting started and Roode was gold when he took a chair and sat near the pitcher's mound. There's not a whole lot to go into about the match. They all had their moments to shine and the match went about 12-15 minutes. Aries retained by hitting his finisher on Roode. A solid finish to a pretty enjoyable show. Aries took pictures in the ring after the show for anyone who paid the money for a picture.

This was my fifth TNA house show and it held up to the rest. The Basebrawl concept is a really nice idea. Also, CEP is a nice, little stadium for a show like this. For the TNA office reading this report, also check out the park for the Altoona Curve. I think you'll like what you see. And, how about sending Sting to the area just one time?!

Biggest Pops:

(1) Jeff Hardy
(2) Kurt Angle
(3) Austin Aries

Biggest Heat:
(1) NEW Don West
(2) Kaz & Daniels
(3) Bobby Roode

Honorable mention goes to the person who decided not to let food on the field.

The show started at 8:00 p.m. and was over around 10:30 p.m.
Back to top Go down

7/28 TNA Basebrawl House Show Results Washington, Pa: Aries/Hardy/Roode Main Event Title Match
Page 1 of 1