Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE Empty
PostSubject: Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE   Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:45 am

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Why_The_WWF_Scratch_Logo_Is_No_Longer_Blurred_By_WWE_How_Old_Is_Sable.html

- For the past ten years, video content from WWE's "Attitude Era" (1998–2002) has been edited due to a lawsuit with the World Wildlife Fund over the WWF initials. All WWF "scratch" logos and references to the initials had to be blurred or edited out. This directive has now changed, at least in part.

In regards to the former "scratch" logo appearing unaltered in video packages in recent weeks, use of the symbol in flashback sequences is permitted after the organization's legal proceedings with the World Wildlife Fund were settled in the last quarter. However, it is unclear whether the permission extends to complete matches and other archival footage.

Meanwhile, WWE.com published a photo gallery Tuesday chronicling the long line of Presidents, Commissioners and General Managers that have ruled over sports-entertainment and a shot of Mick Foley donning a T-shirt with the WWF "scratch" logo on display is shown.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE   Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 9:28 am

I've always been slightly partial towards WWE in this matter only because from the time when they were sued, I'd never heard of the other company before.

But business is business and we all know WWE would be just as eager to stick it to someone else if they had to; but they seem to dismiss a lot of things as they don't consider them a true threat. *cough* TNA *cough*
Back to top Go down

Why The WWF "Scratch" Logo Is No Longer Blurred By WWE
Page 1 of 1