Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label

Go down 
+2
Did You Miss Her?
Dead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label Empty
PostSubject: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 3:01 pm

Five year deal officially inked. Visual Concepts will assist Yukes with development.

2K has officially inked a five-year deal to publish WWE games. Under the 2K Sports label, the next WWE title will be re-branded as WWE 2K14 and Visual Concepts will be brought in to assist longtime WWE developer Yukes with the game. WWE 2K14 is still scheduled to arrive this fall.

“We looked at a lot of different leaders in the industry and talked to all of the big guys, and for us, we had been with THQ for so many years, it was nice to finally go out and date a few other companies and see what kind of thought process they had about the video game industry going forward,” WWE executive VP of consumer products Casey Collins told ESPN. “As we look at the next-gen systems coming out, whether that’s this holiday or next holiday, we want to make sure we align our property with who we thought would be a leader going forward on these next-gen systems.”

“With Yukes, we have a lot of history, and we’ve been very happy with what Yukes has done in the past,” Collins added. “What we’re going to do moving forward is meld Yukes with the team at Visual Concepts, so we can have the best of both worlds. Having Yukes’ experience and then getting the Visual Concepts guys on board with them, we think this is going to be a dynamic duo.”

2K will bring “some of the key designers behind the WWE gaming franchise” over from THQ. Collins also said that “the THQ Fight Team is also being brought over, and they’ll report directly to Visual Concepts. Their experience in the marketing, their experience in the development, their experience with our franchise for years. We thought that it was very valuable to keep that continuity.”

Take-Two confirmed its acquisition of the WWE license last week following a report from IGN in January. Keep checking back to IGN for more details on WWE 2K14 as they’re announced.

IGN.com
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

Let's hope the name isn't the only thing they fix/change.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 6:07 pm

The Only Thing I want back is GM Mode that's really about it I HATE Universe Mode I still feel like I have no control whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 12:51 am

I was kinda hoping they would start fresh for the most part but I guess not.

It will still be interesting to see what they do.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 3:42 am

You can't just start a wrestling game fresh, it would be a disaster and would take years to perfect something decent. Yukes are the only company with this much wrestling game experience, they just make the game they didn't decide how things would be/what is included. And working with another developing company can be amazing for them too.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 1:14 am

They're only keeping Yukes for now because Yukes already started WWE 14 and 2K wants to release a game this year. They're going to fix the little bugs that were in WWE 13 and probably start fresh for the next-gen systems for WWE 15.

I have no doubt they'll have two teams, Yukes and their own until they get their engine off they ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label   WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Rebranded as WWE 2K14 Under 2K Sports Label
Page 1 of 1