Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For anyone who has ever been to a con...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

For anyone who has ever been to a con... Empty
PostSubject: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 11:26 pm

For anyone who has ever been to a con... 2013-03-29-convention
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 2:27 am

LOL I didn't know wrestling fans and comic book fans were hating on each other..?
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 4:26 am

More the sort of elitist snobbery that goes on with the various niches, all of which have people who take their Fandom way too seriously.

We see it all the time with the IWC, of course. We've still got people who just don't get why Chris Benoit should never be in the Hall of Fame, for example. Yeah, they say, he did that one little bad thing, but he was one of the greatest technical wrestlers, ever.

But, it's everywhere. There's the hardcore Nolan fanboys, for example. I thought The Dark Knight was a great movie, sure, but these folks... You can't discuss the Oscars without them going on about The Dark Knight not winning. A great way to really set them off is to point out that Jack Nicholson's Joker was truer to the comics than Ledger's. smile

Then, there's the hardcore Avatar fanboys, known as Avatards. Again, very good movie, IMO. But these people demanded that all moviemaking cease unless it was James Cameron making a sequel. They were genuinely enraged when Alice in Wonderland hit the billion dollar mark at the box office just a few months after the "ultimate" movie.

The worst, though, are the Twitards, who pick fights with literally every other Fandom (such as insisting that Harry Potter's Sirius Black was a total ripoff of Jacob Black, even though the book that introduced Sirius pre-dated Twlight by six years), and consider it a crime against humanity to dare dislike Twilight. Take this shining example of Twilight fandom, after Stephen King was asked about his opinion of Harry Potter and Twilight. She insisted that King was just jealous of Meyer's success, because, according to Twitards, he never sold any books or had any major movies made from them...

Warning: foul language and insanity ahead...

Someone did a parody Stephen King response...

And heaven forbid anyone who liked the first three books not like the final one...

Let me state, for the record, that there are sane Twilight fans. The Twitards also serve to unite every other Fandom in a common cause: mocking and trolling them. It's fun.

And, I do mean every Fandom...

For anyone who has ever been to a con... Cm_punk_and_aj_better_than_edward_and_bella____by_blazethecat012-d52s123

Um, not that I've ever indulged in that sort of thing... OK, maybe a little... smile

As I said, most fans in every Fandom are sane, fun, people. Hell, most of us are going to be part of several Fandoms, as wrestling, comics, sci fi, fantasy, horror... They tend to appeal to the same crowd. But, you've got those... And, at cons, they're all in one place.

Fortunately, the assholes don't ruin the fun of cons. You just laugh them off, like the strip does.

I thought one response at the strip's site put it best: "I tend to balance it out by going to conventions. Feel just a little too nerdy? Convention. BAM. You’re not nearly the worst off."

I have a lot of fun memories of cons, like the time I led a bunch of very drunk people into accidentally crashing a wedding reception. "Oh, you just got married? Congratulations!"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 6:02 am

Wow that Twilight Troll was just scary! Shocked For anyone who has ever been to a con... 115218 For anyone who has ever been to a con... 850417
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

I watched the Stephen King one before the last video of her.. so, I didn't get where the "OOOOOOMAZING BOOOOOOOOOOOOK" thing came from. I think it's hilarious he cut that out of her video and used it in his response.

I love King.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For anyone who has ever been to a con...   For anyone who has ever been to a con... Empty

Back to top Go down

For anyone who has ever been to a con...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Wrestling Discussions :: General Wrestling-
Jump to: