Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6/1/13 WWE Live: Manchester, N.H.: "Uncle John John"/Ryback Main Event Tables Match, Etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

6/1/13 WWE Live: Manchester, N.H.: "Uncle John John"/Ryback Main Event Tables Match, Etc Empty
PostSubject: 6/1/13 WWE Live: Manchester, N.H.: "Uncle John John"/Ryback Main Event Tables Match, Etc   6/1/13 WWE Live: Manchester, N.H.: "Uncle John John"/Ryback Main Event Tables Match, Etc EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_71020.shtml#.UavoFZzKUbw

WWE Live house show results
June 1, 2013
Manchester, N.H
Report by Charles Goulet, PWTorch VIP member

This was my first WWE live event I've seen since 1989. Next to my two children, I was excited to the max. Here are the results:

(1) R-Truth beat Antonio Cesaro by pinfall. Truth got a good response from the crowd. Cesaro couldn't buy a cheer.

Post-match, Brad Maddox came out to Vickie's music. He then proceeded to keep messing up the name of the city he was in. We went from Dover to Boston. He then talked up Hunico for a minute before Hunico entered.

(2) Ted DiBiase beat Hunico by pinfall. A lot of "USA" chants throughout the match. DiBiase was over with the crowd more than I expected. As Ted exiting after the match, Maddox was upset that Hunico lost and demanded that DiBiase have a match with him. After a couple of minutes of threatening to fire DiBiase and begging the ref, the match started.

(3) Ted DiBiase beat Brad Maddox by pinfall. The bell rang, DiBiase did that Million Dollar Dream Slam, and it was good for the 1, 2, 3. Nice pop from the crowd.

Justin Roberts set up a Twitter vote for the Chris Jericho vs. Fandago match. The options were 2/3 Falls or No DQ match.

(4) Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls beat Prime Time Players & The Bella Twins in a mixed eight-person tag match. This was a fun match, in my opinion. There were a few funny moments from Tons of Funk. The kids and myself were dancing in our aisle after the match.

(5) Chris Jericho beat Fandango via pinfall in a No DQ match. As you can imagine, the Twitter poll made this a No DQ match. This match probably disappointed any "Attitude Era/ECW" fans, but for a house show in New Hampshire, I would have to say it was No DQ enough. Jericho slapping Summer Rae while running around the ring chasing Fandango got quite a chuckle. Plus, Fandango begging the crowd to be quiet so he could perform got a good amount of heat. This match was a very entertaining match. Fandango was wearing his pink shiny pants, which my daughter proceeded to tell me she wears pink better than he does.

Ryback cut a promo on the video screen making fun of the fans.

[Intermission]

(6) Bray Wyatt beat Zack Ryder via pinfall. Ryder got a weird response when he came out. There were a few "Ryder" fans cheering, but the rest of the crowd was crickets. Wyatt got a bigger response with a 50/50 mix of cheers and boos. Wyatt, in my opinion, has something going with the weird vignettes and he can wrestle. Ryder got booed out of the building when he was leaving the ring.

(7) Sheamus beat IC champion Wade Barrett via DQ; Barrett retained the Intercontinental Title. Good match all-around. Barrett hit Sheamus with the belt, which got him DQ'd. Barrett was going to hit Sheamus again, but Sheamus caught him with the Broque Kick. Huge pop for Sheamus. I would have liked a title change, but it's just a house show.

Main Event Time with John Cena vs. Ryback. Ryback had quite a bit of heat when he came out. Cena's entrance blew the roof off the building.

(8) WWE champion John Cena beat Ryback in a Tables match to retain the WWE Title. Cena won with an Attitude Adjustment through a table. Mid-match, Cena got Ryback down with the STFU, then cut a quick promo saying that his little niece was in the crowd and that he didn't come here, this close to his hometown, to lose to this scumbag. This got the crowd twice as fired up as they already were. Ryback did the same thing a few minutes later, which garnered massive boos. In the end, Ryback went for Shell-shock, which Cena reversed into the AA. For a small crowd, Cena got a huge pop!

After the match, Cena brought his niece in the ring. He said that his niece wanted to come see Uncle John John's work. This inspired the whole building to chant, "Uncle John John." Cena loved every second of it.

Overall, when you take away the cameras, a sold-out arena, and all the glitzy stuff, WWE still puts on a terrific show. The crowd was into every match, the wrestling itself was solid throughout the show, and the kids loved every second of it. They were asleep by the time we left the parking lot, but that's what I call a good night. I had that same excitement when I went to the The Boston Garden to watch Hulk Hogan against The Big Boss Man in a steel cage in 1989. As I've gotten older I sometimes think wrestling fans can over-analyze things. This house show made me remember just how fun it is, and my six-year-old reminded me of myself when I went to my first WWF show. That in itself was worth it!
Back to top Go down

6/1/13 WWE Live: Manchester, N.H.: "Uncle John John"/Ryback Main Event Tables Match, Etc
Page 1 of 1