Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Creative Writer Offers Key Reasons For Striker's Longevity In WWE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Former Creative Writer Offers Key Reasons For Striker's Longevity In WWE Empty
PostSubject: Former Creative Writer Offers Key Reasons For Striker's Longevity In WWE   Former Creative Writer Offers Key Reasons For Striker's Longevity In WWE EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 1:27 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_71460.shtml#.UckaS5xYRi0

Matt Striker was one of WWE's most-tenured on-air talents prior to his departure last week when WWE opted not to renew his contract. In an exclusive PWTorch interview, former WWE Creative writer Chris DeJoseph (Big Dick Johnson) offered reasons why Striker had longevity in the company.

"I think they really liked him,"
said DeJoseph about Vince McMahon's and Kevin Dunn's opinions of Striker. "Matt's smart enough to know that he had to reinvent himself a few times throughout his time there. And he always did. He was definitely one of the smartest people I've ever met and definitely a true scholar of wrestling. He was like an encyclopedia."

DeJoseph also offered a logistical reason why Striker lasted approximately eight years in WWE.

"Matt lived close by to the office, so I think that made it easier to bring him in for edits," DeJoseph exclusively told PWTorch editor Wade Keller on the June 21 PWTorch Livecast. "He could do the commentary by coming into the office, so I think that definitely helped with it."

DeJoseph also described how Striker got an on-air commentary role, which eventually evolved into a backstage interviewer role prior to Striker's release.

"He got his job doing color commentary because Vince (McMahon) knew that he could talk. I think it probably started with that 'Matt Striker's Classroom,'" DeJoseph said. "I think Matt was kind of pushed forward - I think Kevin Dunn took notice and decided to use Matt in that aspect."
Back to top Go down

Former Creative Writer Offers Key Reasons For Striker's Longevity In WWE
Page 1 of 1