Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?  Empty
PostSubject: Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?    Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?  EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 2:53 am

http://www.goldderby.com/news/4491/alec-baldwin-twitter-daily-mail-emmys-tv-news-13579086.html

Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?  Screen%20Shot%202013-07-01%20at%2012_09_54%20PM

Alec Baldwin leads the Comedy Actor race at this year's Emmys for the final season of "30 Rock." But will his support stay strong in the light of that meltdown last week which saw him hurling homophobic remarks via Twitter at a journalist who erroneously reported that Baldwin's wife was tweeting from James Gandolfini's funeral?

Seven of our experts are predicting the actor to prevail for the third time for his role as Jack Donaghy on the NBC laffer that signed off in January. Those backing his bid are: Robert Bianco (USA Today,) John Kubicek (Buddy TV), Daniel Manu (TV Without Pity), Tom O'Neil (Gold Derby), Sasha Stone (Awards Daily), Ken Tucker and Glenn Whipp (LA Times). Two of our editors -- Matt Noble and David Schenlwar -- are also backing Baldwin in this derby. And among our users, he has a two-to-one lead over Louis C.K. for "Louie."

Baldwin went ballistic after the UK's Daily Mail published the story and, as you can see from his tweets above, he targeted author George Stark.

Following an outcry, Baldwin argued that this comments were not directed at Stark's sexual preference. Rather, he told Gothamist:

"a queen to me has a different meaning. It’s somebody who’s just above. It doesn’t have any necessarily sexual connotations. To me a queen... I know women that act queeny, I know men that are straight that act queeny, and I know gay men that act queeny. It doesn’t have to be a definite sexual connotation, or a homophobic connotation. To me those are people who think the rules don’t apply to them."

As for asking his followers to "straighten out this fucking little bitch," Baldwin told Gothamist:

"I don’t think it’s a call for violence against a specific person because they’re gay, it’s a call for violence against a person who lied about my wife."

He did not address his assertion that Stark would "dig it too much" if Baldwin "put my foot up your fucking ass."

In a statement to GLAAD, Baldwin said: "I would not advocate violence against someone for being gay and I hope that my friends at GLAAD and the gay community understand that my attack on Mr. Stark in no way was the result of homophobia." However, he then went on to say: "As someone who fights against homophobia, I apologize."

While GLAAD accepted the actor's apology, will Emmy voters feel the same way?
Back to top Go down

Will Twitter Controversy Cost Alec Baldwin An Emmy?
Page 1 of 1