Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1 Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1   Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/microsoft-lost-900-million-on-surface-rt-in-q1

Today, as part of its Q4 earnings report, Microsoft announced that it has incurred a $900 million loss due to its struggling Surface RT tablet. While the company otherwise reported $4.97 billion in earnings from $19.9 billion in revenue, the Surface RT cost the company a significant sum as a result of "inventory adjustments."

The news comes on the heels of Microsoft's $150 price drop on the Surface RT, now carrying a $349 MSRP for the 32GB model and $449 for the 64GB version. While Microsoft has not released specific sales statistics, IDC figures for Q1 placed Surface sales at under a million, with the Surface Pro accounting for a majority of total units sold.

Based on a stripped down version of Windows 8 and running apps optimized for touchscreen interfaces, the Surface RT acts as Microsoft's alternative to the iPad and Android-based tablets. However, with a limited array of compatible apps and the Surface Pro offering a far greater level of versatility, the Surface RT has struggled to find an audience.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1   Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 4:23 am

I've never even heard of it.

If I were to get one of those tablets I'd probably just get an iPad.

Everyone I know who has one loves it.
Back to top Go down

Microsoft Lost $900 Million on Surface RT in Q1
Page 1 of 1