Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? Empty
PostSubject: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 4:19 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3248147/did-sharknado-and-shark-week-just-cause-uni-to-reboot-jaws/

A rumor that’s been swirling since the dawn of Bloody-Disgusting is that Universal Pictures is remaking Steven Spielberg’s classic Jaws, the first ever summer blockbuster that opened June 20, 1975, and has banked in $260M at the box office (that’s $1 BILLION with inflation).

Flash forward to the summer of 2013 where sharks are hotter than ever. With every person around me talking “Sharknado” (please, stop), and Discovery Channel’s “Shark Week” breaking ratings records, it’s quite possible that the sharp-toothed executives at Universal are eyeing that long-postured Jaws reboot. Or not.

Eagle-eyed reader ‘Nick E.’ pointed us to a casting call on Mandy that may or may not be legit. I believe it’s as simple as registering to create a job posting, and in the past fake casting calls for Jaws have surfaced online, taking a bite out of various site’s credibility. In fact, the last time a casting call was for Jaws was spotted, it was for another film, although I can’t recall what it was as of this writing.

“We are seeking all crew positions for the upcoming Jaws reboot,” says the job listing. “We will need to build sets quite early therefore we will be hiring partially prior to the official pre-production.”

With that, the listing also says that production starts in January of 2015, which could be a clue to the posting’s legitimacy. Until we get confirmation, though, this story should stay submerged in the depths of rumor hell.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 6:51 pm

I guess I'd be interested but the original is good as is even if the shark looks fake as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 12:33 am

I would watch it, if it does actually get made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?   Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did 'Sharknado' and "Shark Week" Just Cause Uni To Reboot 'Jaws'?
Page 1 of 1