Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Things 'Friday the 13th': Sequel for 2015, TV Series, 'FvJ 2,' and A Video Game?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

All Things 'Friday the 13th': Sequel for 2015, TV Series, 'FvJ 2,' and A Video Game? Empty
PostSubject: All Things 'Friday the 13th': Sequel for 2015, TV Series, 'FvJ 2,' and A Video Game?   All Things 'Friday the 13th': Sequel for 2015, TV Series, 'FvJ 2,' and A Video Game? EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013, 2:44 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3254038/friday-the-13th-sequel-for-2015-freddy-could-get-second-round-with-jason/

In lieu of the new Friday the 13th box set release, Scott Neumyer caught up with Friday the 13th creator/director Sean Cunningham to talk all things Voorhees.

While there’s not a whole lot of new information, he reiterates a few nuggets about the franchise’s next installment, and urges fans to support both the F13 and A Nightmare on Elm Street franchises if they ever want to see Jason bout with Freddy again.

“There will be another Friday the 13th, which will probably get shot in the spring,” he tells Fearnet, reiterating the previously announced news of a sequel landing at Paramount Pictures. “If it all goes as I would like, it would then be released at the beginning of 2015.”

While both of the Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street remakes performed well at the box office, the massive budgets mixed with huge weekend drop-offs have made it difficult for the studios to back sequels. While New Line/Warner Bros. is being a bit more trepidatious, Paramount is fast-tracking the F13 sequel. Point is, the odds of a Freddy vs. Jason sequel are being exponentially slim, unless of course fans start once again supporting these beloved horror icons.

“I think the chances are good,” he says for an eventual Freddy vs. Jason sequel, “for a couple of reasons, but I think it will ultimately be a marketing concept. Right now, I think the audience would have to start getting bored with the Friday… movie by itself or the Freddy movie by itself. I don’t think it’s going to happen in the next short period of time.” So when? “Conceivably in five years.” That’s like closing your eyes and throwing a dart at a dartboard.

“The other reason that I think it’s a possibility is that we spent so much effort in trying to find a way to get the two of them together in a movie that was action-packed and unpredictable that we had lots of material that was unused,” he continues speaking on the several versions of the script and multiple endings planned. “ It becomes possible to use it, or at least basic ideas or structural ideas that are already in place. We don’t have to start from scratch.”

Lastly, he talks about “Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles”, a new series that’s being developed for television. “[I] think there will also be “Friday the 13th: Crystal Lake Chronicles,” which is sort of a “Smallville”,” he reveals. “We’ve been on-again off-again with that for years and there are a bunch of great stories to be told, but I think the way that it’s finally going to get delivered is not through a conventional television network, but through the Internet.” He continues speaking on potential release models: “I can’t tell you who the delivery people will be, but it won’t be the traditional route. There’s also the possibility of webisodes,” he explains before tossing out this juicy nugget: “…and I think we even have an idea for a terrific Friday the 13th video game.”
Back to top Go down

All Things 'Friday the 13th': Sequel for 2015, TV Series, 'FvJ 2,' and A Video Game?
Page 1 of 1