Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? Empty
PostSubject: Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?   Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? EmptySun 29 Dec 2013, 2:43 am

Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? Grammys-katy-perry-roar

http://www.goldderby.com/news/5297/grammys-katy-perry-roar-entertainment-music-news-47382915.html

What does Katy Perry have to do to win a Grammy?

When you get on the Recording Academy's radar, you're usually bound to win at least once, which is why, with nine unsuccessful nominations over the last five years, Perry is already tied as the 17th worst shutout at the awards. If she loses both of her bids this year, she'll tie a handful of artists -- including Megadeth, Busta Rhymes, and Vanessa Williams -- for ninth place with 11 losses.

Grammy voters at least like her more than critics do. Despite mixed reviews for her sophomore album, "Teenage Dream," they nominated it for Album of the Year in 2010. Then they nominated her for Record of the Year for "Firework" in 2011 and rounded it out with this year's Song of the Year bid for "Roar."

A Song win probably isn't in the cards for Perry this year. "Roar" isn't known for its writing. Sample lyric:

Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

What's more, "Roar" has been criticized for aping Sara Bareilles's similarly motivational, and in my opinion better written song "Brave." It'll be hard for Perry to escape that comparison given Bareilles's surprise Album of the Year nod. (Hey Recording Academy, why not single out "Brave" for songwriting instead of its soundalike?)

Lorde's "Royals" leads our Song predictions, where "Roar" ranks last with 50/1 odds, so Perry will have to hope she can win Pop Solo Performance instead. She has never won that award either, but not for a lack of trying. "Roar" is her sixth consecutive nomination in that race, including three for Female Pop Solo ("I Kissed a Girl," "Hot n Cold," "Teenage Dream") and three more since the two gendered categories were merged into one ("Firework," "Wide Awake," "Roar").

She's lucky Adele is sitting this one out: the British singer has handed Perry three of her losses, including the last two in a row. Perry also lost the category to Beyonce ("Halo") and Lady Gaga ("Bad Romance"), who are absent as well. So is this Perry's best chance?

Maybe not. She again faces Lorde's "Royals," the only nominee in this category also up for Record of the Year. Another rival, Bruno Mars, is also nominated for Record ("Locked Out of Heaven"), but his Pop Solo nomination is for a different song ("When I Was Your Man").

Pop Solo is also where Perry will have to go head to head against Bareilles's "Brave," and if Grammy voters want to award Bareilles somewhere -- or take sides in the "Brave" vs. "Roar" debate -- this is the place to do it; it's Bareilles's only other nomination.

But it's Justin Timberlake who currently leads our predictions with even odds for "Mirrors," despite his snubs in the general field. Lorde follows with 13/8 odds. Bareilles is third (14/1).

Perry trails in fourth place (25/1), so she may have to wait awhile longer for Grammy glory after all.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?   Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 1:29 am

I am not sure she can win it. Lorde might get this one.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?   Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 4:35 am

I hope not I can't stand Katy perry she's got this "Ima Bitch" vibe and Her music gets played WAY too much especially that roar song.And on top of that she's friends with Rihanna who is also a bitch.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?   Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 6:52 am

SamoanNation wrote:
I hope not I can't stand Katy perry she's got this "Ima Bitch" vibe and Her music gets played WAY too much especially that roar song.And on top of that she's friends with Rihanna who is also a bitch.

LMFAO at this "Ima Bitch" vibe.

I also lol'd at you hating on the bitch Rihanna.  hilarious 

I think like Mia, that this award will go to Lorde.

If not her then JT but I can't see her winning.

The academy just doesn't like her much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?   Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Katy Perry Finally Win At Grammys For 'Roar' Or Extend Her Losing Streak?
Page 1 of 1