Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks The SANDMAN Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks The SANDMAN Movie Empty
PostSubject: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks The SANDMAN Movie   Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks The SANDMAN Movie EmptySun 12 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm

"Early days. Very, very early days," said Joseph Gordon-Levitt to IGN on the subject of The Sandman movie project that he's currently confirmed to produce. Not clear, is whether Levitt will also play the lead role of the Lord of Dreams. 'Lots of potential, but it's still very early," was all he would say on the possibility of playing the titular character. Levitt was more forthcoming on what drew him to the project, stating, " I love just the basic concept of it - just the concept of personifying Dream, along with all of his brothers and sisters, the seven Endless personifying Death, personifying Destruction and Delirium and Destiny and Desire and Despair. I mean, that's just a fascinating and, I think, a really cinematic concept. You look at the art of Sandman, and it just looks spectacular. I love big, spectacular movies, but oftentimes big, spectacular movies sort of get stuck in a rut. They go down certain paths that end in big explosions or whatever. Sandman has so much opportunity to do something that's on a grand, grand scale, but really unlike your average big, grand-scale, spectacular movie. I guess that's the tip of the iceberg."

Talk then moved to Robert Rodriguez's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For and then concluded with whether Joseph would be open to starring in a Marvel Studios film? The Dark Knight Rises actor doesn't seem particularly opposed. "Yeah, I don't pay as much attention to the categories or genres of things. I pay attention to what the material is about. Does it resonate with me? Does it inspire me? Who are the collaborators? That kind of thing."

David S. Goyer (Batman vs Superman), who now appears to be something of a godfather for the budding DC Cinematic Universe, wrote the treatment/pitch for the film which got WB interested. It's unknown if he will write the actual script for The Sandman movie. It's also unconfirmed at present (but heavily rumored) that in addition to serving as producer, Levitt will also direct and star.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=92786#WYxpq7vtlyoBuBDQ.99
Back to top Go down

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Talks The SANDMAN Movie
Page 1 of 1