Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous' Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'   Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous' EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 1:53 pm

In an interview with Fox Sports, Dana White gave his thoughts on the WWE Network, which he called "ridiculous".

On the WWE Network: "It's ridiculous. I hate to sound like I'm attacking the WWE or de-value what they did because Vince McMahon, say whatever you want and he's always smashing us and talking s—t about us, but I will tell you this – I was watching WWE I was a little kid and Vince was the commentator in WWE. This guy has been kicking ass, breaking rules and doing things that people said he couldn't do over and over and over again. Now I'm older I don't get the whole thing, it doesn't work for me, but what he's able to do, the ratings he's able to pull and the things he's done and when I look at his model and he's basically taking everything in and de-valued it. Saying everything we do is worth $10. That doesn't make sense to me."

On the risk involved: "If he pulls in 2 million subscribers, he's crushing it. So it's a risky move, it's a crazy move, but Vince has been doing risky, crazy s—t since the beginning of time. If anybody can do it, maybe Vince can do it."

On UFC having different fans than WWE: "I've always thought that we don't correlate with WWE. You're more inclined to be a boxing and UFC fan than a boxing, UFC and wrestling fan. Because wrestling is fake, it's scripted, it's completely different. We had a ton of WWE crossover when Brock (Lesnar) was here."
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'   Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous' EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

I guess we'll see if it is so 'ridiculous' after we get the subscription results.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'   Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous' EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 9:42 pm

I think Dana is saying that because the UFC model is primarily dependent on PPV buys. I don't think he wants any expectations of the UFC running a similar model to WWE's, as that would kill their consistent profits.

I can say that I enjoy MMA, boxing, kickboxing, AND pro wrestling. Yes, they're apples and oranges, but they do share similarities. At their foundations they're all man vs. man, and I enjoy them all for unique reasons. Boxers study the sweet science to the degrees, and the single tilt of a knuckle from a punch thrown can make all the difference. Kickboxing (usually) employs all elements of striking and while they aren't as precise with their hands as boxers are, they are the more complete striker. MMA is to martial arts what kickboxing is boxing, as all disciplines are utilized. Pro wrestling is just an extreme exaggeration of other combat sports, with elements of theatre included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'   Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous' Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White Says The WWE Network Is 'Ridiculous'
Page 1 of 1