Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

​More On Santino Marella Announcing His Retirement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

​More On Santino Marella Announcing His Retirement Empty
PostSubject: ​More On Santino Marella Announcing His Retirement   ​More On Santino Marella Announcing His Retirement EmptyMon 07 Jul 2014, 12:28 am

UPDATE: As noted earlier here on the website, Santino Marella revealed at the WWE house show in Toronto tonight that his in-ring career has come to an end. Marella told the live crowd that he has suffered his third neck injury and that has brought an end to the active wrestling portion of his career. He also acknowledged his Canadian roots and said he never had the chance to be introduced from Canada, since his character is billed from Italy.

Marella debuted on WWE television on April 16, 2007 by defeating Umaga for the Intercontinental Title. During his run with the company he won the IC title a second time, after which he began an unsuccessful quest to top the Honky-Tonk Man's record-breaking reign, as well as the Tag Team Titles with Vladimir Kozlov and the US Title. He was also named Miss WrestleMania, competing as Santina Marella at WrestleMania XXV. He lost that "title" to Vickie Guerrero but won it back a month later by beating Vickie and Chavo Guerrero in a handicap hog pen match.

During an interview last week with Newsday.com, Marella said: "I realize I'm one of the older guys in the locker room, and I'm 5-foot-10. These young bucks are 27 years old and 250 pounds. That way I'd be able to stay on the program and entertain people and be an even bigger part of the show . . . I'm definitely winding down."

ORIGINAL: There are reports that Santino Marella cut a promo and announced his retirement from in-ring competition at tonight's WWE live event in Toronto. According to a fan report, Marella told the live crowd that he recently suffered his third neck injury.

During an interview last week with Newsday.com, Marella said: "I realize I'm one of the older guys in the locker room, and I'm 5-foot-10. These young bucks are 27 years old and 250 pounds. That way I'd be able to stay on the program and entertain people and be an even bigger part of the show . . . I'm definitely winding down."
Back to top Go down

​More On Santino Marella Announcing His Retirement
Page 1 of 1