Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW

Go down 
+2
The Sexy Vixen
angelmessiah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
angelmessiah
World Champion
World Champion
angelmessiah

Male
Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW Empty
PostSubject: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 9:51 am

Paul Heyman is still hustling.
One of pro wrestling's most influential figures over the past 20 years, Heyman is now focused on a new challenge. He is the star of an Internet-based reality/entertainment venture called The Heyman Hustle being showcased by The Sun, a Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid based in the United Kingdom.

It is filmed in New York City. Heyman puts to good use the gift of gab that made him one of grappling's greatest managers. He interviews B-list celebrities like "Survivor" cast members, James Lipton and Ice T and his wife Coco as well as eccentric Manhattanites. The result: Amusing five- to 10-minute vignettes that have the same rapid pacing of his Extreme Championship Wrestling shows in the 1990s.

"I want to find the ordinary in the extraordinary and the extraordinary in the ordinary," Heyman said Wednesday in a telephone interview. "I want to talk music with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to find out what songs affect their moods and emotions because it may show the mechanics behind their mood swings or motivation. And as long as they have charisma, I want to talk with the hot-dog vendor and pizza maker about politics and their views of the world.

"The whole thing is about the hustle. Nothing ever is what it appears to be."
Heyman isn't completely disconnected from pro wrestling, commenting on the genre through the blog on his Web site (www.heymanhustle.com). But Heyman says he has no desire to resume working in the industry after leaving his World Wrestling Entertainment scriptwriting role in December 2006 following creative differences with the company.

"I absolutely believe I can out-book anyone in the industry today, but it's a one-brand business right now," said Heyman, referring to WWE's dominance in the marketplace. "That brand runs differently than the type of writing and mechanisms that I use.

"I have no bitterness about the wrestling industry. I've lived out every dream and had the time of my life. But it wasn't fun anymore. My time was up."
Heyman's legacy lives on through ECW, although the promotion is far different now than when he assumed matchmaking chores in 1993. Despite being hamstrung with limited budgeting and television exposure, Heyman revolutionized wrestling by introducing talent and diverse styles like hard-core and lucha-flavored bouts that hadn't gained footholds in the United States. Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam and two late WWE champions -- Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit -- all received their career breaks in ECW.

Yet the promotion couldn't survive in an extremely competitive marketplace. WWE and World Championship Wrestling copied many of Heyman's ideas and signed away talent that ECW couldn't afford to keep. Heyman was forced to sell the promotion to WWE in 2001 and began working for the company as an announcer, manager (current Ultimate Fighting Championship star Brock Lesnar was his protege) and writer.
Heyman was part of ECW's re-launch in 2005, but it quickly became clear his vision of the promotion was markedly different than that of WWE owner Vince McMahon. Heyman was removed from power as ECW (10 p.m. EDT Tuesdays, Sci-Fi) morphed into what is essentially a blah training ground for young WWE talent.

"You can cry all day long that the show is not ECW and shouldn't be called ECW," Heyman said. "But it's (WWE's) product. They bought it and have every right to do what they want with it. There's nothing you can do about it, so why get upset over it? I'm not emotionally attached to the letters because there's nothing to be attached to anymore."

Now a 42-year-old father of two, the former Paul E. Dangerously has shifted his focus toward expanding the Heyman Hustle through the broadband medium and other new technology. Heyman also is working on a documentary and writing a movie script that he describes as "a political thriller set in the South."
"My dreams are not confined to pro wrestling," he said. "I've got a lot of other dreams, too. Now is the time to chase them."
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 2:00 pm

I never liked Heyman and that sorry excuse for ECW that comes on on Tuesday nights isnt as good as the Original ECW nor will it ever be. Vince screwed up a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 4:25 pm

WOW! He just doesn't seem to give a damn, and I really can't blame him
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 12:49 pm

I can't really blame him for that viewpoint, but honestly if it was MY company that was being degraded (not dissing the ECW Brand, because frankly it is the best of the three right now but let's face it: its SHIT compared to the original) I would be fuming on the inside-it was my bay bay PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW Icon_sad I wish they wouldve used another name for it, whether Vince owns it now or what not; it's just an ego trip for vince, he never liked adult-themed wrestling and seeing what he's done with ECW he was sending a message out and the message is: no wrestling company is greater than WWE....it stems out of fear because ECW is the greatest promotion to ever exist, so innovative to the point that the Attitude Era in itself and aspects of WCW ripped them off; Vince knows that and I think he hated the idea that some poorly-funded promotion in Philly had more creative and better ideas and wrestlers than his company, and looking at ECW now its clear that fear and hatred is still there...
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:55 pm

Nice post Jordan, I always thought Vince naming the brand ECW was incredibly disrespectful to the former company that was named ECW! Vince likes to play dirty though, what else is new? With that said ECW is pretty entertaining nowadays, if only we'd get more hardcore matches. If only!
Back to top Go down
MkGtOmEr
Legend
MkGtOmEr

Male
Number of posts : 4296
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW EmptyFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:28 pm

It's good to know that Heyman is moving away from ECW & on into the world called "Big Dreams". I was never a big fan of Paul Heyman or ECW, I have seen the light & agree when everyone says that this new ECW sucks! ,Vince and his little Liberals need to DIE! ,Lol...

GUCCi
`
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/mkgtomer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW   PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW Empty

Back to top Go down

PAUL HEYMAN COMMENTS ON VINCE McMAHON'S VERSION OF ECW
Page 1 of 1