Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? Empty
PostSubject: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 4:42 pm

Dedicated to Sarcy Wink

Do you think that Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) is a great wrestler? Yeah he never won the big one but WWE never really gave him a chance. And regardless he still had good feuds with superstars, don't forget the classic ladder match between him and HBK. He has defeated most legends..
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 5:33 pm

I think he was a good performer and decent wrestler
he managed not to kill his opponenets even though he was intoxicated most of the damn time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 5:47 pm

LL said it best when he said 'performer.'

Although I couldn't understand the rest of his post, the aforementioned is true.

His gimmick was over as hell as Razor, and his in ring ability was good enough to allow WWE to push him without just relying on his gimmick.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 5:51 pm

what was his gimmick exactly, i didnt really watch wrestling back then
and im basically saying that he deserves props for not killing anyone when performing as drunk as a skunk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 6:04 pm

as Razor Ramon, he was basically a rip off of Scarface...
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptySun 06 Sep 2009, 9:38 pm

*cracks knuckles*

SCOTTYYYYY!!!!!

Okay, let clear some ground up before I make this incredibly long post...

To say Razor wasn't given a chance is a bunch of bull. Scotty has never really been big on title because in reality, they don't mean anything. He knows hat pro wrestling is fake, but as a wrestler it's their job to entertain and be all dramatic. Besides, he was a FOUR time Intercontential Champion during a time when that belt had importance in storylines! The mid-card workers in kayfabe wanted that belt. Not like it is now to shut up a cry baby or give someone something to do.

The Razor Ramon character came to be by a few things: A) Diamond Dalls Page gave Scotty the look he has become known for. Vince liked it enough to ask see what the big deal about Scotty was. B) Scotty developed the Scarface accent/persona well because he used to joke around with Curt Henning on the road. Vince had never heard of the movie and thought Scotty was great. C) Scotty liked the idea of using the name "Razor" but Vince wanted a last name. So, he ran into Tito Santana and he suggest the name "Ramon".

Then there is the well known "personal" problems. I think Scotty gets the short end of the stick when it comes to wrestlers being fuck ups in their real lives. He wasn't the first or the last person to show up intoxicated, drugged up, or some other shit. However, since Bischoff insisted the drunk character, that's all people know Scotty for.

I do think Scotty is very very underrated! I think mainly because of his structure. A lot of people tend to forget how big he really is because he spent his most memorable years next to Kevin Nash. The man is 6'8" and was always over 260lbs! Okay, he hit 300lbs recently.. But still bigger than everyone I know. Scotty was able to adapt his style based on his opponents because he was just the right size.

That match was not even 1 year & a half after he started. If you can get past that whole stigma that you are a horrible wrestler if you aren't flying around like some monkey thing, you can understand that the wrestling style was different in the 80's. But props to him for doing the infamous FCW drop kick and the leg drop Jeff Hardy would use. More impressively is how crisp he was considering he was 26 when he started wrestling.

Scotty did pick up how to do the moves really fast, but this is pro-wrestling! You have to be dramatic and interesting..

There you have two different shorter matches. There's a HUGE difference in character between them as well. Razor is much more random in the first match because he goes through all of his moves he would be known. The second match has more character to it.. Also, the finish is something guys his size usually don't do.

As far as his promos go, you talk about a rough start. It wasn't cuz he was saying something stupid. It was because it talk a while for him to just accept his voice. There were times when he tried to make it a higher pitch. There were times when he tried to not sound like a redneck. >_< But when he got it, he got it good.. The Razor accent is one of the most mimmicked accents in wrestling. He also had some of the most memorable phases in WCW.

Kevin's promos were always for the more sosphicated watcher, btw. Oh, and that slap he gave him at the 7.08 mark. Ouch. >_<
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? EmptyMon 07 Sep 2009, 2:46 pm

LOL you went all out with that post girl, it definitely help me understand and see what Razor Ramon was about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?   Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Razor Ramon a great wrestler?
Page 1 of 1